[PRP] Determining Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:03 pm
K'i-lin was not enjoying the bag of herbs she currently had around her neck. There was a pungent odor coming from one of them, something she knew was to be expected when she had asked to apprentice Datura. Yet, she did not think she would be taking on the tasks of the priestess so soon. The pride was in turmoil though, K'i realized. She had to make do.

Sighing, the lioness traveled down one of the lesser known paths. There was suppose to be a sickly feline in a den not too far from her. She inhaled, coughing slightly at the scent of the herbs. The sooner she got there, the faster she could rid this horrid smell until Datura gave her another round of them to carry to the next lion. She would continue this routine until the famine was over.

Sighing, her purple eyes scanned the area. Where was this den?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaius Tiberius had grown bored. Not drawing attention, staying out of trouble, it just was not him. (Not that he ever purposefully sought out trouble, it was not his fault if trouble sometimes found him.) But though he enjoyed the company of the lovely goddess he had traveled with, and the small goddess who was his newest friend, Gaius was not so content to simply stay near the outer rim of the pride. He wished to explore this pride, to see for himself just what had drawn his father and so many other gods here.

Today he had chosen to wander further into the pride. And just because he cared for her, he had chose to follow Anonymity's wish that he try to blend in. Well, somewhat, blending in meant disguising his true size, making himself appear the size of a mortal male of the pride. His mane and cloak, well those were far too fabulous to conceal.

A scent met his nose, causing him to stop in his steps. What on earth was that? He was not sure he wanted to know.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:52 pm
Amon Larethian

K'i-lin spotted a lion not too far away. Maybe that was who she was looking for. Purple eyes watched him for a moment. But he didn't look sick? K'i-lin frowned. Instead of watching him, she decided she just needed to go up and ask.

The female shifted the bag, the aroma still flowing from it, as she headed towards the male. He was about the size of a normal stormborn male, yet his mane was...so curly. She was petite compared to him, though being an adolescent probably was half the reason for that.

"Er --- excuse me sir. You didn't request help for a family member or anything...did you?" Maybe she should have gotten the name of the lion she was looking for from Datura before she left. She sighed. Oi, she would need to go back and find out if this male wasn't who she was looking for.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:01 am
A smile crossed his maw, a lioness, how very--oh god the smell was getting stronger! His nose wrinkled, his fur ruffling, one paw raised as if he were considering turning around and fleeing at that very moment.

"I...no."

He shook his head, staring at her. No, definitely not. He was quite certain no one in his family needed any help whatever was creating that smell had to offer. In fact he was not convinced it would not kill them outright. Oh god, it was going to be stuck in his nose forever!

"What on earth is that smell?"

He really hoped it wasn't coming from the lioness herself...

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:49 am
Amon Larethian

K'i-lin sighed, removing the herb bag from her neck. The scent followed, as she placed it (more like threw it) to the ground. "That means I just have to go back and find out who it was. I was hoping this would be an easier trip." She was young, eventually the female would learn what she needed to do before leaving the den.

"I don't even know how these herbs will help the sick. They're suppose to put your stomach at ease, but the smell of them is just revolting. Seems like it will just make someone upchuck instead of calming it." The priestess pawed at the bag. Maybe if she buried it in the dirt for a few minutes it would help mask the smell.

"Er--- Sorry. I am still new at this...visiting others and helping them thing." The scent lingered on her own pelt just mildly, She'd have to make sure she go wash herself once her rounds were officially over.

"I am K'i-lin. I don't believe I have met you before, are you new to the pride?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:45 pm
His gaze followed the pouch as the lioness threw it to the ground. He may or may not have circled away from the offending object, and he certainly considered kicking a pile of dirt and/or rocks over (but that would have been rude, and he was at least trying to stay out of trouble.

“I have been told things that seem the worst are often good for you. Can’t say I ever believed it though.”

Anyone who claimed anything that smelled liked that was good for anything was either lying or delusional. Nope, no way, he was not buying it.

“You have no reason to apologize. You are very kind to help others in the pride.”

His smile was charming.

“I am Gaius Tiberius, and yes, i suppose you could say I am new.”

More visiting really. He did not expect he could ever make his home in such a place as this. But he was not going to tell her that.

“KasaiLoki”

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:04 pm
Amon Larethian

"I don't believe it." She paused, ears flickering. "Wait, I probably shouldn't say that. What kind of priestess would I be if I didn't think these would help." But on the contrary, with the entire pride in discontent, herself included, she didn't know if the natural healing of the herbs would work. There had to be an answer to this, and K'i-lin was sure it stemmed a bit from what Nipsting had said to her and Aldan about the Gods being unhappy.

"Gaius Tiberius, definitely a unique name around these parts." Perhaps it was the male having what seemed like a surname? But his answer of him being new around these parts made everything make a bit more sense.

"Ah, that makes sense. Well --- I hope you are enjoying the lands. If you happen to feel anything...strangeness, hunger, anything like that, I have a deter for it." It certainly deterred a lot of things from it, that's for sure.

"Haven't tasted it though, so I make no guarantee if the scent matches the taste." Perhaps, if she ever found who she was really looking for, she could tell by their reaction if the herbs were indeed horrid, or if it was just their scent that gave it away.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:37 pm
"An honest one."

The smile he gave her was sympathetic and understanding. Not that he really knew what role a priestess held in this pride or what her duties might have entailed. He could gather from their conversation thus far that at least some of her task involved healing, or attempts at such.

"You may simply call me Gaius if you wish."

There was a time, in the days of his cubhood, when Gaius had tried to insist on only being addressed by his full name. Most likely it had been brought on by some rivalry with his godling siblings. It was fortunately a phase that had passed quickly, whether or not the snarls of his father had anything to do with that, well, perhaps.

"I have not yet experienced such symptoms, but I shall remember your offer if I do."

Yeah no, he wasn't going anywhere near those herbs, no matter what they were supposed to heal or how well they did or did not work. Oh and yes, he totally was flirting, perhaps he was incapable of not doing so.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:28 pm
Amon Larethian

"Gaius it is then." K'i said with a smile. She hoisted the bag back, keeping mind to shift the contents away from the non-sickly male, before she started to pivot on her paws.

"I probably should head back to Datura and find out who exactly I am looking for then. If you seem to cross someone that is waiting for a priestess, just uh---let them know I will be right back." She reached a paw to scratch behind her ear sheepishly.

"See you around Gaius! Hopefully you won't need these herbs in the future like other pride members have!" Completing the turn, the gold kirin started to walk away, the wafting smell of the herbs following along with her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:41 pm
"I'll keep an eye out."

He watched the bag warily, a paw barely raised then settled back down, almost as if he had considered covering his nose, but then decided against it. He shot a look of sympathy to the lioness. In her place, he'd have buried those herbs where they would never be found again, or set them on fire, or more likely never gone near them in the first place.

"Good luck, I hope you find who you're looking for. I'm sure we will meet again."

His tail flicked, perhaps disappointed the lioness had left so soon. At least she had taken the herbs, and thus (most of) the odor with her. He lingered a moment longer, watching as she left, a slight smirk on his maw, it was a nice view.

It was only a moment, then Gaius turned away himself, hastily retreating from whatever scent lingered behind. Hmm, perhaps he'd go find Nara and she if she wanted to play a game, or better yet, his goddess of anonymity.

KasaiLoki
end?

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out