Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ
Battle at Loguetown: Lily vs Gran

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samael of Light

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:07 pm
Lily: Poster / Profile
Gran: Poster / Profile
Cor Contritum

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Omnimod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:28 am
X o l u s

Just a question on how to respond to the result of the latest post from Gran. From my understanding he can resist my pull in terms of stats. Rp wise I don't understand how he can immediately tell me 'no' when he went along with the direction of the pull up until that post. So suddenly changing it to the left to toss him should do at least something even if it doesn't toss him in the water.

I also have a minor issue with the whole tentacles loosening around chains, if Lily was squeezing his arms and tightening her grip the entire time I should still have a firm grip on the chains ( it may not stop them from spreading and all ) by binding them tight still so she still has a solid grip on him.

Cor Contritum

Raider

Samael of Light

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 am
A quick reply to that, Gran only went along until he was close enough to strike her with his shield, as even the initial pull could have been resisted. And there was no indication that the pull continued after he got close. I assumed, from that point on, that she was no longer pulling him, only attempting to grab him with the tentacles while keeping him in place by holding onto his chains.

I wait for the Mod's word nevertheless.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:24 pm
Mkay, I'll keep it simple (not really). Let's make a little sequence of events here for this issue.

Quote:
However, his chains still caught her, even if only her arm. She moved her arm as to tangle the chains and make it so it would not reach further than her arm. Not only that, she also attempted to pull him in. Because there was no disadvantage to him getting closer, he went along with the pull, and aimed to strike her with the edge of his shield.

To my understanding he coiled his chains (which are the digits on his right hand) around her arm in a previous post. When this happened she made sure, in her post that they couldn't extend beyond a certain point on her person and begun to pull him in. And in this post, while both of them are essentially equal in strength, she pulled and he allowed her to gain the upper hand.

Quote:
Lily felt success as she would drag him towards her, keeping his only available hand busy as she continued to grip the chains tight.

She maintains her grip and continues pulling, this is followed by a clash of tentacles and shield which results in a power struggle. The tentacles would try to wrap around him afterward

Quote:
As the pressure would begin, however, he shifted the form of his torso with the powers of his fruit, creating blades beneath the tentacles around his torso, that would cut into her flesh as she would try to squeeze him with them, while resisting her attempt to pull his arm to his chest At the same time, he would let her know that such tricks like controlling "tentacles" could be done by him as well.

He turns his torso into iron blades to try and cut the tentacles. Their power struggle of who can squeeze whose arm the hardest continues.

Quote:
Why did every human want to cut off her limbs? Annoyance flitted across her face as she eased her grip on his torso, however the tentacles on his arms would tighten and she would with one swift movement pull both his limbs to her left and force a head first dive into the water. His chains were still effectively wrapped around her arm allowing her to maintain her grip on them as well as his two forearms, with her combined body weight she should manage to pull the man into the ocean from the docks they had been standing on since she confronted him.

She eased up the tentacles at his torso to avoid getting cut then tried to yank both of them into the water. Mind you, their limbs are essentially coiled around each other and she's the advantage in footing and momentum during this period of time because in the initial pull Gran ALLOWED himself to be pulled which put him at this disadvantageous position.

Quote:
As she tried to pull him, he firmly planted his feet into the ground and resisted her this time. And his chains would coil around her body, to inflict upon her what she just tried to do with him.

Here's where things become questionable. From the initial post, logically speaking, he would've been at a disadvantage in terms of footing and placement. While he put himself in this predicament there's been a power struggle this entire scenario given you are within the same tier of strength and power; so the smallest gap in this essentially means nothing. What this means is that you really can't just say no and go "Oh I let her put me in this position, but I'll just easily yank her and avoid this altogether because I'm completely over powering her." It doesn't matter if he went along with it or not, he chose not to resist that initial pull. From what I've been reading, yes, you two have been grabbing each other, but you don't really just STOP a pull just to grab someone. You CONTINUE to pull them while reinforcing your grip being trying to grapple other vulnerable areas. Both of you are still having a tug of war.

So, with that said, Gran would find it very difficult to firmly plant his feet down and yank her, when his balance was already off in the first place. And that grip is still there from Lily, so if Gran were to try and reposition his unstable self, it's likely that he'd be the one getting yanked.

Verdict: He can't overpower her here. She has the advantage which Gran practically handed to her on a silver platter. You two are basically of equal strength, the minuscule differences here wouldn't matter enough. Wording and RP mean far more in this scenario and Gran basically ******** up. You can either edit (I'm allowing a single one) Gran trying to find another way to stop himself from getting yanked into this water. Or you can just accept that he's getting yanked into this water. However, time is of the essence and his window of not getting pulled in at this point is a narrow gap.

Samael of Light

Cor Contritum

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Samael of Light

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:32 pm
X o l u s
Mkay, I'll keep it simple (not really). Let's make a little sequence of events here for this issue.

Quote:
However, his chains still caught her, even if only her arm. She moved her arm as to tangle the chains and make it so it would not reach further than her arm. Not only that, she also attempted to pull him in. Because there was no disadvantage to him getting closer, he went along with the pull, and aimed to strike her with the edge of his shield.

To my understanding he coiled his chains (which are the digits on his right hand) around her arm in a previous post. When this happened she made sure, in her post that they couldn't extend beyond a certain point on her person and begun to pull him in. And in this post, while both of them are essentially equal in strength, she pulled and he allowed her to gain the upper hand.

Quote:
Lily felt success as she would drag him towards her, keeping his only available hand busy as she continued to grip the chains tight.

She maintains her grip and continues pulling, this is followed by a clash of tentacles and shield which results in a power struggle. The tentacles would try to wrap around him afterward

Quote:
As the pressure would begin, however, he shifted the form of his torso with the powers of his fruit, creating blades beneath the tentacles around his torso, that would cut into her flesh as she would try to squeeze him with them, while resisting her attempt to pull his arm to his chest At the same time, he would let her know that such tricks like controlling "tentacles" could be done by him as well.

He turns his torso into iron blades to try and cut the tentacles. Their power struggle of who can squeeze whose arm the hardest continues.

Quote:
Why did every human want to cut off her limbs? Annoyance flitted across her face as she eased her grip on his torso, however the tentacles on his arms would tighten and she would with one swift movement pull both his limbs to her left and force a head first dive into the water. His chains were still effectively wrapped around her arm allowing her to maintain her grip on them as well as his two forearms, with her combined body weight she should manage to pull the man into the ocean from the docks they had been standing on since she confronted him.

She eased up the tentacles at his torso to avoid getting cut then tried to yank both of them into the water. Mind you, their limbs are essentially coiled around each other and she's the advantage in footing and momentum during this period of time because in the initial pull Gran ALLOWED himself to be pulled which put him at this disadvantageous position.

Quote:
As she tried to pull him, he firmly planted his feet into the ground and resisted her this time. And his chains would coil around her body, to inflict upon her what she just tried to do with him.

Here's where things become questionable. From the initial post, logically speaking, he would've been at a disadvantage in terms of footing and placement. While he put himself in this predicament there's been a power struggle this entire scenario given you are within the same tier of strength and power; so the smallest gap in this essentially means nothing. What this means is that you really can't just say no and go "Oh I let her put me in this position, but I'll just easily yank her and avoid this altogether because I'm completely over powering her." It doesn't matter if he went along with it or not, he chose not to resist that initial pull. From what I've been reading, yes, you two have been grabbing each other, but you don't really just STOP a pull just to grab someone. You CONTINUE to pull them while reinforcing your grip being trying to grapple other vulnerable areas. Both of you are still having a tug of war.

So, with that said, Gran would find it very difficult to firmly plant his feet down and yank her, when his balance was already off in the first place. And that grip is still there from Lily, so if Gran were to try and reposition his unstable self, it's likely that he'd be the one getting yanked.

Verdict: He can't overpower her here. She has the advantage which Gran practically handed to her on a silver platter. You two are basically of equal strength, the minuscule differences here wouldn't matter enough. Wording and RP mean far more in this scenario and Gran basically ******** up. You can either edit (I'm allowing a single one) Gran trying to find another way to stop himself from getting yanked into this water. Or you can just accept that he's getting yanked into this water. However, time is of the essence and his window of not getting pulled in at this point is a narrow gap.

Samael of Light

Cor Contritum

Since it seems that my wording when I stated he went along with the pull were interpreted as "he lost balance and was pulled" instead of "he walked towards her while she pulled the chains" (an action that would undoubtedly interrupt any continuous pull as the chain wouldn't be stretched unless she could wrap it around her arm faster than he closed in), I'll edit my post with a different action then.
Cor Contritum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:10 am
X o l u s

Cor Contritum

Edits made to the resisting part only.  

Samael of Light

Hunter

Cor Contritum

Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:51 pm
X o l u s

On phone. I question his ability to throw out 3 or so different creations from his body in the span of a few seconds when it comes to throwing him. Halp pls.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:45 pm
3? The hooks are just extras, which is why I didnt say that it was certain that he would manage to attach them to anything. The spikes would be acting as brakes. He doesn't need to aim, the floor is beneath him and the motion alone would work in his favor.

I just reread my post and it might have been a poor choice of words but I meant that then chains with hooks from his back were shot blindly.

The arm becoming chains was prior to the throw and the part of them coiling around Lily would be after. So he only effectively did one controlled action while being thrown, the creation of the spikes.  

Samael of Light

Hunter

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:06 pm
Because it wouldn't be fair if I were to avoid this Iron Mold custom, I have to throw on limits that should've, otherwise, been there already before it was approved.

He's making chains on one part, shift his torso into spikes, making harnesses with another part to keep himself rooted and so on, all for 25 stamina for 3 posts.

While I understand that Logia has a lot of variety, these would either need to be separate customs, similar to what the person with the Arms Arms is doing, or you'd need to pay for each instance that Gran's body changes into something. And even then it'd probably only be for a post or two.

For now, I'm going to add the stipulation of the latter. Logically, you'd burn more energy changing yourself into multiple things, so you're going to have to pay the cost every time you change into something different and not just the refresh cost to keep it active, the chains, the spikes, etc; effective immediately.

The duration bothers me, but for now I'll leave it alone to maintain the integrity of the battle. But yes, everything you made this post you need to pay for. Even now, however, I can't really say that you're overpowering her given everyone's position and the stalemate in power despite him changing his body to make more things to try and pull her with.

In the edit, Gran lost his footing but narrowly saved himself by using his fruit to stick himself to the ground, however, he's still in a worse off position than before because of this; like going from a risky situation to a desperate one. I'm not against the number actions he took given their fluidity, just the lack of wear on the user from improvising so much with a single ability.

But yes, please add in the costs what ever you created this post and continue doing so whenever making something new. After the battle we'll have to take a bit of a closer look at that specific custom as it's currently doing a lot for very little.

Cor Contritum

Samael of Light

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:48 pm
Lily forfeits  

Cor Contritum

Raider

Samael of Light

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:52 pm
X o l u s

Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ

Manage Your Items