Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ
Who needs a vacation in Okinawa?!~ Enka vs Tawara ! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 pm
X o l u s
First of all, never quote me more than once. I have things to do in my life other than sitting around in a debate thread, I won't always get to it that same day.

First and last warning.

Because our current defense system has a couple of contradictory flaws I'll be judging this manually rather than every detail that's written, given the circumstances.

Quote:
the body of Tawara would meet the ground below as he was slammed and the blonde took not another moment to raise his hammer, aiming to smash it directly into the opposites midsection. Filth, don't run from your demise.

Quote:
Raising both his arms in an 'X' formation crossed across his body. Tawara then also at the same time of putting his guard up from the hammer.

Quote:
A dire mistake and a bucking blow! As the hammer connected perhaps the man didn't understand just what he was getting hit with - to whatever degree he felt it was alright to block a hammer with your arms, was on him.

To my understanding this is the sequence of events for this issue. So while raising your arms would be considered a technical defense in anime-logic, the issue here is that Tawara is just substituting one body part for another to accept the blow. He isn't pushing it back with his own force, he isn't trying to stop the hammer by catching it, but simply allowing it to hit a part of his body without any vitals. Had he down either of those options above he would've been fine in this instance.

However, at the same time of Tawara being hit in his arms, he would've struck Enka in the knee with his kick. Enka has control of his other leg in one grasp and in the other his hammer which leaves Tawara with a free leg to use. There was no mention of him reeling back to kick and you don't necessarily need to do so in such close proximity. Secondly, it'd be difficult to process and react to such a thing while Enka is preoccupied with attacking him with his hammer.

To my understanding, you both made a blunder. As a result you both take full damage from each others attacks. Tawara's arms would probably be broken from the impact of taking this hammer while Enka would have his balance tampered with but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd lose his grip on the other leg.

As I did before with Tent, I'm allowing DC to edit his post to reflect these actions and consequences. Afterward, it will be Tent's post.

Don't @ me.

Deecee Sama

Tentaigo

Now then .. that's interesting. biggrin I guess this is the outcome. cool Thank you Yuri!~ Of course you're a really good mod. Always.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:14 am
Deecee Sama
Voided. Nevermind.

Edit your post. Then let's continue. wink By the way have a fun weekend DC. idea  

Tentaigo

Deecee Sama
Captain

Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:48 am
Here we go again. Alright, in Tent's latest post he tried to do three actions that just seem . . awkward? Impossible? I'm at a loss for it.

One, he apparently curled himself into a ball mid air to the point he was three inches from his knee.

Quote:
Immediately reeling his upper body close to his lower body. So that his chest was 3 inches away from both his own knee's.

That's weird but okay, I guess? Two he apparently kicked and cut at the exact same time mid air, no longer in the ball?

Quote:
Tawara performed two moves at literally the same time/moment. Tawara grit his teeth kicking downward with his full strength at Enka's shoulder/collarbone! The moment Tawara was raised above Enka's head. Also, literally slicing Enka's wrist with his cutlass now

He never even mentioned unsheathing this sword or where it came from. It was literally, suddenly, just in his hand and he was swinging it to cut my hand off while kicking me in my shoulder WHILE not being curled into a ball anymore? I-I honestly don't know how to take that. All while being pulled down into ANOTHER slam?

Can I please get a ruling to end this fight? This is the third and final debate calling and I just want this to be over, honestly.

X o l u s

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:50 pm
X o l u s

If his argument is if I should have or not have a cutlass though. It's in my items possession. Just like his hammer is.

Three actions? Yeah I made a whole post. Reeled my body in. Attacked with my cutlass to cut his hand off/stomp to his shoulder/collarbone.

Tawara pulled himself closer to his legs so he could position himself to attack Enka. The beginning of my post was to get into position. It's all there. Then Tawara counter-attacked with his cutlass and kick. Simple.

It doesn't seem like Deecee is fighting back against my attack/post. So if he's so determined for things to end. He should just of said he quit rather than point out what my posts already says. In my post.

When Deecee used his hammer question He didn't say where it came from. He just said it was in his hand when Enka used it. In order to attack Tawara.

I used my cutlass in this post. Thus saying when Tawara was ready to use it. Tawara attacked with it. Simple.

Quote:
With his grip still on Tawara's other leg, literally yanking him up and over his head to slam him directly into the ground with ease, then to the other side to slam yet again.

Before Enka could use any slams I countered to attack at the moment Enka raised him above his head. Which he stated in his last post. First raising Tawara above his head. Then attempting to slam.

I attacked from above Enka. Slicing his hand off to free Tawara's leg. While kicking down at his shoulder/collarbone with the free leg. But this wasn't before Tawara immediately got into position to do this. At the beginning of my latest post. Tawara reeled his body in 3 inches from his knee's. Even before Enka could get the full axis of raising Tawara above his head.

Quote:
Tawara was raised off the ground for another slam it seemed.

Immediately reeling his upper body close to his lower body. So that his chest was 3 inches away from both his own knee's.

That was the beginning of my latest post. In order to attack Enka. Once Tawara was fully raised above Enka's head. Tawara attacked.

This fight is going so well. And it's fun, too. I don't know why he would want to make a 'final' ruling. It just sounds like he wants an auto-win. I'm enjoying a challenge.

Tentaigo

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:05 pm
Well at least I don't have to go off and snag any quotes since you all did it for me.

There's nothing wrong with Tawara reeling back and kicking Enka to try and counteract his slam. That's a very viable option given his position and him still having a free leg.

However, him trying to cut Enka's wrist off at the same time is even less viable. The first reason is that Tent is simply trying to do too much with Tawara with all of these multiple actions. I understand wanting to cover your options but not all of them make sense. The degree you'd have to be in and the amount of flexibility you would need to both kick and slash while being thrown is incredible. I'm sure Tawara is a very fit individual and that this is One Piece, but in terms of Combat RP it just isn't a viable strat.

The bigger of the two problems is that it was never mentioned that he had his cutlass in his hand. It's just minor details man. If you want to use it, simply describe a method of viably unsheathing it before proceeding to use it. It paints a clearer picture and makes sure that things like this don't happen. It's easy to say that he wasn't using it before given he'd been pivoting and pushing off of his hands a post or two ago.

Now, this kick would have landed and it probably would have staggered Enka, however, voiding this implausible sword cut, there's nothing that's actually stopping Enka from slamming Tawara.

Because this is the third and final ruling, and you two haven't really sat down and talked to one another to avoid me coming in here, I have to make a verdict.

So I'll be judging in three different criteria, not sure what other folks use to judge the end of a fight but whatever:

Number of Errors
Tawara - 3 | Enka - 1

Edge: Enka

Feasible Battle Posts
Despite the number of errors on either side, when it comes down to it the person who had the most clarity in their posts and follow-through when executing an attack was DC.

Damage Dealt:
This one can be a little tricky given there's total damage dealt based on flat numbers and percentages. Currently, I can't rule that both attacks would hit given the circumstances. Normally DC would have a post to react to this but since you two can't come to a consensus I have to go by what damage has already been dealt.

Enka dealt 300 Damage out of 888 or 33.8% of Tawara's health.
Tawara dealt 270 Damage out of 800 or 33.75% of Enka's health. I didn't want to have to go with decimals here but the margin was that small.

All in all you really only need to have the edge in two out of the three. It's unfortunate that you guys couldn't really fight without having to bring me in every five minutes but it cannot be helped. But based on what information I have and from everything that I've read, this one is a bit of a no brainer.

Final Verdict:
The victor here is Enka.

Deecee Sama

Tentaigo

Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items