Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:49 am
Heras Box

Bushi gave a mock pout when his Sprite didn't really see all that into the idea of wearing a shell bikini top. Not that he really blamed her, he doubted that it would be in any way comfortable to wear something like that. His smile returned and he said, "There are a few places in Tale where the land touches the ocean, you might be able to find some shells there?" Not that he felt they would be actually be going to Tale to check any time soon, not with his Sprite in her condition and him so busy with work.

"Hey now, I'd like to believe that I am a very creative man when it comes to making pieces. Besides, having a story to go along with things also helps. I once got top coin selling something on the merit of it being made with a firebird feather. Those are always in demand because the ladies of court get to titter over how the feathers are from a beast that caused havoc up North. Stories are also helpful in selling things." Some stories may or may not be made up on the spot but that was neither here nor there now was it?

Blinking a couple times at her flirting he gave a laugh and said in a joking tone, "You know it's lines like that one that cause us to keep ending up with kids, Sprite." Nodding again he said, "Dyes and spices it is. Once we spot someone selling some then you just have to pick out what you want and I will see about haggling."  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:31 pm
Orpheus Solon

She thought about it for a moment. "Maybe, but nothing like here in Matori." Phae nodded her head.

With him proclaiming that he was creative she smirked at him. "Of course you are, but so are others." Eventually someone would be making the same thing as someone else. Right? The woman shrugged her shoulders and shifted so that she could sit in a more comfortable position. Her back was starting to bother her even though she wasn't walking.

"Oh? And here it was because I thought I was irresistible." She teased him about the comment on why they ended up with kids. "Ah well, at least I know I have your affection if I keep saying such things."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:39 pm
Heras Box

Giving another pout Bushi said, "So mean, Sprite. You're supposed to believe that I am the most creative man in the world and that I will be sure to make things to sell that nobody else has ever made!" He gave a chuckle before he continued to lead the way through town, heading toward where the marketplace was located. It shouldn't be too long now.

Glancing over at his Sprite, giving her a once over, then nodded his head, "Yeah, that is definitely another factor to be certain." She was definitely impossible to resist. Not only was she amazing, good looking, with a good personality but she was one hell of a cook as well. All grand reasons to always be at her side if you asked Bushi. Giving a motion with one hand he said, "We are almost there! Just gotta find a good place to have Aatos settle down and we can get to work."  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:55 pm
Orpheus Solon

With a laugh given to his pouting she did what she could to lean forward without falling. "Sweet Bear, I would never doubt your ability to sell things." He'd failed to sell her a necklace when she first met him but he'd managed to sell her some spices.

As he mentioned finding Aatos a place to settle down she looked up and around as well. Phaedra wanted to make sure that the spot they found was good enough. After all, Aatos didn't like strange people and she didn't think they needed to deal with someone getting nipped at. Or worse. "Hmn? There is a spot over there on the end." One hand lifted to point while the other braced against the turtle's neck.

"He should be comfortable there." There was even a little bit of shade there too. Phae looked at the beast and grinned. "What do you think boy? Will that do?"  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:02 pm
Heras Box

"Thank you! That is a compliment that I am only too happy to accept." He wanted to be the best of the best when it came to his merchant skills because those helped to pay the bills and made sure that his family had everything that they might want or need. It would be even more important now that there was going to be another baby joining their family fairly soon.

"That looks good. There is a shady spot that he can duck under if he wants but if he just wants to bask he can do that as well." It looked to be a pretty perfect spot for the big turtle to settle down and relax while Bushi got to work selling things to anyone and everyone that was interested. Given time he would hopefully start to get a good feel for the underworld of Matori. Every land had one it was just a matter of learning who the players were and making contact now that they were here.

Walking in the direction of the spot that she picked out Aatos followed along. Once they reached the spot the rust colored bushi settled down there, enjoying soaking up the sun, which Bushi set about getting a blanket, laying it out, and then started to lay out some pieces that he'd see about trading or selling.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:42 pm
Orpheus Solon

Seeing that her husband was pleased with the compliment she sat back to make sure she didn't slip or fall. Of course she regretted it when she did. Her back started to hurt and she wanted to lean forward again. Keeping one hand braced against Aatos she used her other to reach back and rub at her aching muscles. "Oh, I may need to lay down." Phaedra said to herself.

Once Aatos was settled she smiled at him and patted his neck. "Such a good boy. I'm glad you like the spot." Then she moved so that she could scoot down. Phae made sure to take it easy and when her feet reached the sandy ground she made her way to the shade to sit down.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:05 pm
Heras Box

Bushi was quick to fetch a rolled up rug for Phaedra, unfurling it before laying it on the ground for her, and said, "Here, you can rest here. While you settle in I will see about getting you something to drink." He wanted to make sure that she was kept well hydrated after all, her and the baby both. Once he'd fetch the water skin he carried it over to her, taking a knee in front of her and held it out to her, "Here you go. You try to drink as much as you can so that you don't risk getting dehydrated or too warm, alright?"

He thought on it a moment and then asked, "Are you in need of anymore snacks? Do you want a pillow to lean back on?" If there was anything that his Sprite needed then he'd get it for her, if not he'd see to it that he got to work trying to make deals with the locals. Once he'd established himself it would be easier and easier to work with the villagers, until then he'd have to be extra attentive... only Phaedra came first and work second at the moment.

As such he'd see to her first, then to the customers that were starting to arrive, interest clear on their faces. It could be due to the products he had laid out, the odd couple before them, or the fact that Phaedra was so far along. Hard to say but since it was drawing attention he'd call it a good thing.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:47 am
Orpheus Solon

She had been expecting to sit in the sand but that was not to be. Bushi clearly didn't want her to. Phaedra was going to say that she was fine but her husband took off after the water and she could only shake her head and smile at him. When he returned she took the water. "Thank you, Bear. You are too good for me sometimes." This time she did make sure to shake her head before he could trod off to fetch something else for her. "I'm fine. Now go impress me with your haggling skills."

The leaf woman leaned forward just enough so that she could give a light slap to Bushi's thigh. She'd meant to reach his behind but her large belly was clearly in the way. Seeing that she didn't reach her target she laughed and shooed him on. "Go on, you can't sell things while fretting over me." Since she was leaning against the tree she had no need of a pillow. And snacks were a thing forgotten since she now felt a bit of nausea that came after eating when pregnant.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:36 pm
Heras Box

Bushi gave a nod of his head and said, "If you're sure. You need only to call if you decide that there is something that you want." He gave her a smile and a quick kiss before he turned on his heel and moved to do what she told him to, which was to impress her with his skills at haggling. He gave one last glance over his shoulder at his wife before he turned to those that had gathered and set to chatting with the first of them.

It wouldn't be long before he was lost in the more wholesome side of his work which was all the wheelings and dealings that went along with being a merchant. He bought things, sold things, traded things, and let others know of the things he was most interested in acquiring so that they would be able to let those of the village know what he was seeking. Better deals were to be had for those that brought him the specified items.

A claim that always seemed to get people interested and he hoped something that would help him get his hands on those things more quickly. The sooner he got his hands on the things he wanted the sooner he could set to work making said items into jewelry to sell to the ladies of Oba when they finally returned there. All in all it was proving to be a really good afternoon if you asked him, especially when he was given information about someone that dealt with Matorian spices, someone they'd have to go and meet during their time here in Baun. Later though, right now he still had much work to do.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:32 pm
Orpheus Solon

She nodded at him then settled in to watch as he seemed to fit right into his element. Even though he was part of the underworld he fit perfectly into the upper one as well. Phaedra smiled at her husband.

She was proud of him, even if she didn't always say it.

Rubbing a hand over her large belly she closed her eyes and slowly sank into a light sleep, the sounds of Bushi's voice as he haggled her lullaby. She found that naps were something of a blessing when one was with child and she would take advantage of this time to take such a gift for her own.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas