Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[prp] surprise? (rae/saith + z'ke/chonth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:58 pm
Despite being someone who prided herself on finding new ways to fill her time, the first sevenday as a new weyrling taught her a new level of exhaustion: partly because of everything she and Saith had to learn now, and partly because now that emotion could be doubled. But despite the headaches and worn hands and feet, Raelin wouldn't have traded it for the world. She almost considered sleeping in on her free day off, a rare treat, but Saith wasn't having it.

I must meet my brothers and sisters, RaelinMine, she insisted, bumping her snout against her partner's body repeatedly until she caved. That's more than a dozen more chances to make a first impression! We must prepare accordingly so that each one is perfect.

One at a time. Please. She balked at the idea of having to meet and greet that many people in one go, or even half of that.

She did, however, know exactly who to start with.

So it was that in the early afternoon, a conspicuously lonesome Raelin knocked on Z'ke's door. Saith, unsure as to why they were doing this at all but trusting that Hers knew what she was doing, tucked herself behind the opposite corner, anxiously peeking until she got her cue.

Dizzy_Kat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:38 pm
The last sevenday had been a blur. An endless day of oiling, feeding, lessons, sleeping, and Chonth. Z'ke (it was strange getting used to his new name still) was aware that multiple days had passed but that information seemed vaguely unimportant and almost like it belonged to another person.

For the first time since he'd Impressed, both he and Chonth slept in, waking to their own rhythm rather than that of the Weyrlingmaster. It was peaceful and surreal, the both of them just rising slowly out of sleep gently reaching and touching each others minds and discovering their connection all anew. At least, until there was a commotion at the door to the boys barracks.

"One sec!" Z'ke shouted as he untangled himself from his bedsheets and dove for the chest at the foot of his bunk and the clean clothing within.

~Shirt and shoes too. And fix your hair. You don't know who we might be greeting.~ Chonth cast a judgmental eye over Z'ke's hurried preparations, not out of vanity but out of a sense for propriety. He'd picked on quick that Z'ke was well... haphazard in his presentation on a good day and appearances were important.

~Can't do anything about my hair till I bathe~ Z'ke took it in stride for now but once he'd had enough sleep and food to be human again, they were going to come to a compromise about his appearance. It was only a few seconds before Z'ke was stuffing his feet into his soft shoes and attempting to flatten his hair as he opened the barracks door.

Z'ke didn't know who he was expecting but the girl he'd talked to during the hatching wasn't it. He blinked, mouth hanging open for a moment as his brain kicked into gear. "Uhhh. Hi? Hey!..." Oh shaff he'd never actually got her name.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am
Raelin seemed to pick up on this and huffed a sigh, arms crossed. "One sevenday in and I see you've forgotten the little people already," she noted. "As is the High Reaches way. Did I interrupt something?" She tried to take a peak behind Z'ke, half for the act and half to see if she could catch a glimpse of his dragon. Saith had promised she would lie low, but that didn't mean she couldn't be caught by someone more alert.

Dizzy_Kat

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff