Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP]What to do with a day off(C'ryn/Aresoth & Alumet/Zeno)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:02 pm
Things were finally getting back to normal in the weyr, not everyone was sick or near death anymore, his father was back up and leading his wing as well. Not to mention the new sibling he had been gifted with. Life was going pretty good and C'ryn felt pretty confident about everything as well, though he was finding himself musing on a few things more often then not. It was getting closer to graduating from being a senior weyrling to a full fledged rider, something he had always wanted and strove to be able to do. He would be placed in a wing and take his spot in the air fighting Thread with Aresoth.

The bronze was also growing larger, no where near the size he had been when he first hatched. While not yet full grown, C'ryn could not help but be impressed with how large he was growing.

Of course there was one more matter that had come to light during their first paired flights. C'ryn had always been aware of the fact that Alumet was beautiful and a very interesting woman. There was no doubt that he found her attractive, though if the boy knew nothing to do about that. But having seen the elation on her face as she took to the sky with Zenobiath...

It was more then just...a simple crush, and that worried him.

Then, of course, Alumet had gotten sick and pushed herself too far. C'ryn was glad that he had been able to be there when she collapsed and took her back to her weyr and gotten her the help she needed. He was certainly glad when she hadn't needed to go to the infirmary like his father had, as well as the fact that she would be okay once she got well deserved rest.

With him getting sick after that, it had been a while since C'ryn had seen Alumet and he found himself wondering how she was doing. The thought of pursuing her bothered him some, although he did know he cared for her deeply he didn't want her to ever think he was trying to get close to her because he was a bronzerider, that he wanted to just use her to possible get a better position later on. Plus the fact it seemed she liked a wingleader and C'ryn was not quite ready to go up against another bronzerider over anything, unless he was forced to. If Alumet was happy and it stayed that way, he would watch and keep his feelings to himself, though he was sure Alumet probably had an inkling of them.

All of these thoughts had run through C'ryn's head as he and Aresoth were moving through the weyrbowl. Yes they could fly to where they wanted now, but C'ryn still enjoyed walking when it wasn't too terribly far to go. Aresoth didn't seem to mind it either as he strutted through, enjoying the feeling of eyes upon him. The bronze did seem somewhat confused when it came to the thoughts and feelings moving through his bonded's head.

You have been thinking of Alumet quite a lot. The words caught C'ryn by surprise as they moved towards the lake, the man turning his head to look at his dragon.

"I'm just worried about her. I haven't seen her since I took her back to her weyr. I hope she is alright." He knew that if anything serious had happened, Aresoth would have told him so he wasn't too worried. Maybe it was more because he missed her, he had gotten quite use to seeing her at their lessons, speaking with her and spending time with her.

It isn't just that. Aresoth blew some air out as they neared the lake, feeling the sun on his hide and letting out a happy croon. I feel your heart tighten in your chest. Now that large wedged shaped head turned to look at him. What is that?

C'ryn was stumped...how was he supposed to explain to Aresoth what he was feeling. The bronze didn't seem very interested in any other dragon in that way. "It's...complicated. I promise I'm fine though." He moved to sit down on a rock near the edge of the lake as Aresoth reclined beside it, enjoying the sun. It was nice to have the day off because the candidates, as well as Weyrlingmaster, were off in Southern Boll for a hatching. It had been a mess earlier as he watched dragons begin to ferry candidates to and fro, seeing them hustle about. He wondered how they were doing and if the hatchlings would be okay.

Zenobiath, sister dear, how are you and yours fairing? I apologize for not having spoken to you sooner but C'ryn became sick as well. That illness that wrecked havoc over the entire weyr, I'm certainly glad everyone is beginning to feel better. There was a pause as Aresoth turned his head to look at C'ryn, feeling that strange sensation washing over him again before relaying another message. We are by the lake enjoying the day off if you and yours wish to join us.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:43 am
BastetAmun

Things were beginning to calm. Alumet, ill a** she'd been, was still not whoy well. Her chest-rattling cough was clinging around, but at least she was keeping down food and water. It was kind of nice, just relaxing, keeping to her Gold studies, while spending her day in the weyr with her beloved. Faranth help her, Zenobiath was so large now, getting so near her full size. Soon enough, her beloved heart WOULD be an adult Queen. The thought was astounding. Sliding from her bed, the girl pulled on trousers and a fitted shirt, before moving to sit on their weyrledge. The Gold wrapped herself around the girl, trilling gently as the two enjoyed the afternoon sunlight. It was a rare moment's peace, something Alumet had not had enough of in the past month that she'd been ill. It had been frightening, not being able to breathe, feeling her stomach rolling, aching. There was a soft hum from her dragon, who leaned her nose down as she pressed the very tip of her muzzle to the other's chest.

My dearest love, stop dwelling on such things. Why think on such darkness when the sun shines so brightly? The lake below would be warm, and you and I could soak, and enjoy a moment. Why trouble yourself so? Alumet might have had time to respond, had Zenobiath not had her attentions taken by her brother's voice. Aresoth, her champion, her brother. Her hearts might not be his, but Hers seemed to be intrigued by His, which made her wonder. They had behaved themselves well, devoted both to their schooling and tending to both herself and Aresoth....and yet. Something more was there. Something she didn't know. Deciding to ask her most regal mother, the Gold got to her feet, Aside from a cough, mine is well. On the mend, though in a curious way. We shall join you. Simple as that. Nudging her beloved on to her back, the Gold was content.

They would fly down, and then walk the rest of the way. Since their pairflight, the two tried their best to keep practicing in the air. It helped that Alumet was so enamored of it, of feeling the cold air against her skin, as a dark golden hide glittered beneath her. Even now, just going down to join the Bronzerider. it was breathtaking. Laughing softly, she slid off her beloved's back and traced her way to C'ryn. Feet were quickly bared and slid in the pool, before the blonde looked to him, "C'ryn....Enjoying your time off?"

Bastetamun

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 pm
It was easy enough to rely what Zenobiath had said about Alumet's health to C'ryn and Aresoth was quite glad he had when he saw some of the tension removed from the young man's shoulders. Even while he had been sick he had worried himself over the condition of his fellow weyrlings, it was a wonderful trait for an up and coming bronzerider, to worry about those around as well as underneath you, so that you could take care of them. The one thing he did not share was that Zenobiath and hers were coming to join them, no he kept that to himself, C'ryn tended to tense some if he knew the Junior Goldrider was near, as if he had something to prove. Today, the young man was at ease without any lessons to go to, no need to practice and just truly enjoying a day off.

The unmistakable glint of the sun off a golden hide caught C'ryn's eyes and he turned his head to see Alumet and Zenobiath. His eyes moved to look at Aresoth, seeing the bronze dragon watching his golden sister and completely ignoring his rider. It caused the dark haired man to laugh softly to himself, he hadn't asked for Aresoth and he to be alone so why shouldn't the bronze request his Golden sister, his beloved sister, to join him. It also would probably help Alumet if she got some sun and warm fresh air after having been so sick.

Aresoth leaned his head towards his sister, gently nuzzling her softly, a welcoming touch for a moment. They had not had as much time together as they had inside the egg. Lessons for both of them took up their time, especially since Zenobiath was soon to be an adult Queen. I am glad you and yours are doing well, Zenobiath. His mind moved to the hatching that the candidate's had been whisked away to just earlier this morning. I would like to know what you think about the hatching the candidates were taken away to so quickly this morning. In his mind, the gold in question had not been very responsible, allowing herself to clutch in such a dangerous place. However, he could not, and would not, completely judge because he did not know the circumstances as to how everything came to pass. Besides they would, hopefully, be getting new weyrlings out of it as well.

He waited as Alumet moved over to where he was seated, watching as she took her shoes off so that she could place her feet in the water. A part of C'ryn wished he could act as carefree as Alumet did, to enjoy herself at all times. He was beginning to hold himself straighter, more like a responsible bronzerider, and allowing down times or even times of weakness were beginning to be fewer and fewer. He knew she had even more stress upon her own shoulders as a goldrider and yet she carried herself with such poise that C'ryn admired her for it.

A soft smile graced his lips when she spoke to him and he turned his attention to look out on the lake. "A break from V'mel's lessons so he can round up any new weyrlings we get?" He chuckled softly. "I am enjoying it. I feel like it has been such a long time since Aresoth and I have taken time to just....breath." He and the bronze worked hard to make sure they would be ready to take care of the wingmates they would have.

A glance back at her, before turning his attention back to her fully. "I'm glad you are feeling better Alumet. You had me worried."

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:06 pm
BastetAmun

Shifting so her legs were tucked ever so delicately about her, she looked up at him, "It is nice to have a breath of fresh air." She watched as Zenobiath pressed to her brother's side, enjoying the warmth and closeness that they had. The Rider knew well that Zenobiath saw Aresoth as brother only, a Bronze whose lineage was the same as her own, though she was as close to him as any might be. He was important to her Gold, enough that Zenobiath was familiar with him as she might be with a mate some day. Shaking her head to clear the thought, she looked up to C'ryn. He'd been such a caretaker when the flu had put her at a perilous point...and now here he sat, talking more about how he'd worried. Coughing roughly, she pressed lithe fingers to her mouth, "There was no way I was going anywhere, C'ryn. Zenobiath needs me too much." Her heart was full of her dragon, wrapped in knowing well that she was never alone. "Though I have to say. I worried about you too....After all, you were pushing yourself so terribly hard."

Zenobiath let her wing gently lay across his back, noting idly that she was beginning to grow larger than him. His commentary was interesting, and she let her mind drift to the hatching that must be occurring right now. How odd that a Gold chose to clutch away from a weyr, more still that she was not in a Weyr proper herself. I do not know, brother mine. It is strange to me, but if her children are born happy, with Candidates to become their riders, how can I indeed look crosswise at it? I am sure she knows what she is doing. The Gold believed that with all her hearts, even if she didn't approve of HOW the other had chosen to clutch.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:44 pm
A happy rumble escaped Aresoth as his sister pressed against him. He nuzzled against her, happy to enjoy her warmth on this sunny day. The closeness was something he always enjoyed with her, being her champion, her protector. The bronze didn't understand anything about love or even lust yet, to him the devotion he felt for Zenobiath was the same he might feel towards a mate, if he ever took one. It was one of the reasons C'ryn had decided not to try and explain what he was feeling towards Alumet to Aresoth. The bronze dragon believed that of course C'ryn should feel devotion towards her, she was his golden sisters rider after all.

Alumet's cough had C'ryn watching her closely, his body tensed for a moment but that was the only outward sign he showed of wanting to leap up to help in case it was necessary. He wondered when his need to protect and take care of others had suddenly grown louder. He had always been one to stand up and protect someone from a bully, to take chores that no other candidate wanted to do because it was helping one of the older people of the weyr, but he had never wanted to just jump up so quickly to help, not like this.

Nodding his head, he knew it was true. Alumet was strong, she wouldn't have let that shaffing flu take here away after just impressing her Golden Queen. Having that bond made all of them stronger, gave them more reason to fight and cling to this world, their dragons needed them just as much as Pern needed them.

Her words caused his cheeks to turn a light red some as he shook his head, eyes moving to stare at the lake again. "You shouldn't worry about me Alumet." He smiled softly. "Pushing myself to take care of the others, it's what a good bronzerider is supposed to do. Looking out for not only the Queens above us, but the chromatics below just as much." He shrugged his shoulders some, he wasn't trying to make himself seem like a selfless saint, he wasn't. It was just the right thing to do, he needed to learn everything he could, practice until drills were perfect, make sure he had everything memorized. He would have a Wing looking to him at some point, perhaps even an entire weyr, there was no excuse but to push himself so hard.

"I appreciate your concern, though it is a weight off of my mind knowing you are feeling better."

It is quite strange. I do not completely begrudge those who have not returned to the weyrs to fight. Perhaps they have their reasons. He did not voice that he felt they were better off without them. If they did not have the drive to want to return, then obviously they did not need them here. I cannot begin to say that I know what happens when a Queen clutches, how it is known when they are close...I am just glad and hopeful that the eggs are protected. It can be dangerous for them just out there in the wilderness.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff