Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:32 pm
"An unexpected hatching in Southern Boll, hmmm?" the alert had gone out, but while the Weyrlings were technically cleared for flight, they'd been told they got to stay. Truly, Ichta wasn't sure she wanted to return to Southern Boll quite yet anyways. That, mixed with her still lackluster health had made the idea of a somewhat freer afternoon more appealing.

Are you sure you're feeling well enough to go outside? Aurinkoth wouldn't have considered himself a worry wart, but this was his Ichta, his beautiful, his precious. She stroked a hand along the side of his head, seeking out an itch she could feel under one of his headknobs. "Well I can't rest until my bedding is clean and some fresh air will do me good," she assured. "I can't breath in my own sickness forever." She used her most reassuring voice and Aurinkoth crooned into the young woman's face.

His Ichta would certainly know better, right? For real, this time? he urged as she dressed, braiding her hair over one shoulder to keep it from flapping in the wind. "I promise, Aurinkoth. We'll go sit by the lake and you can get in a little swimming, hmm?" Swimming did sound nice. The blue settled on the lip of their ledge as Ichta climbed onto his shoulders, settling in the straps. It was just going to be a glide, but nobody would get mad at them for flying a little bit, right?

He could see the Weyrbowl's lake clearly in her mind, down to the very spot the two of them enjoyed on most of their visits there, and it took only a moment for him to adjust and push off of the ledge to begin his descent across the bowl. As the wind tried to throw Ichta's hair about, the blue sent out a private thought. Elzebuth. Mine and I are going out to sit by the lake. With the Weyr disrupted, it may be a good time. he suggested.

As they landed, the thought passed from his mind. Aurinkoth splashed about the shallows before settling to allow his rider to dismount. With her feet firmly on the ground, she stretch and took a deep breath of the outdoor air.

"Ohhhh yeah, this is nice," a little cool, but after running a fever, she'd take cool.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 pm
Elzebuth hadn't really wanted to see a bunch of baby dragons snatching everyone's attention, and G'ran didn't like crowds, so the somewhat emptier Weyr today was relaxing. He and Elzebuth had been practicing drills on their own--mostly to continue to help combat G'ran's slowly dwindling fear of heights. At least he didn't shake anymore, like he had during their very first flight.

The big brown was enjoying the closeness when Aurinkoth spoke. I understand. We will be there soon. He banked sharply, earning a shout of surprise from G'ran and a fist pounding against his shoulder. I wish to sun myself. He offered simply, feeling a twinge of anxiety when he felt G'ran's irritation. To be fair, His had been like this for some time now... and that was why Elzebuth was determined to solve it. Easily, he let himself glide down to the lake--and felt G'ran's sudden alarm when the unmistakable hide of Aurinkoth became visible. He landed neatly a few moments later, bugling a greeting towards his brother. Aurinkoth~ What a lovely day to sun oneself with the Weyr so empty.

G'ran had tensed up immediately upon seeing Aurinkoth... and yes, there was Ichta. She looked a little exhausted, as if-- as if she'd been horrendously ill. Like with the sharding flu going around the Weyr. He didn't hesitate, using Elzebuth's forelimb to help him dismount before striding towards her in a way that was almost aggressive. "Why didn't you tell me you were sick?" He demanded roughly, his fists opening and closing with agitation. "I thought-- I thought--"

He'd thought a lot of things. The silence grew for a moment, uncomfortable and heavy.

"Should you be resting?" He finally said instead, his body stiff with agitation.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:32 pm
Oh! Company! Aurinkoth paused in his splashing, his tone so innocent that Ichta wasn't sure who to expect until she glanced up and saw a familiar brown. Her chest tightened and she looked to Aurinkoth with a frown. "You!" it wasn't malicious, but it was definitely accusatory and the blue went bounding away through the shallows of the water, almost seeming to laugh as he did. Ichta would have pretended to be upset if he hadn't simply sent wave after wave of love to her as though it functioned as an apology.

Once Elzebuth was landed, Aurinkoth returned the greeting with a sweet trill of his own, moving over to bump his head against his brother's - though it took a little maneuvering now. Certainly, he'd gotten bigger, but not as big as the brown was! Elzebuth! You and yours are looking well. It is a nice day to be outside!

Where was Aurinkoth was all sunshine and rainbows, G'ran's approach sent a brief flash of fear through Ichta. He'd never seemed so aggressive to her before. She twisted at the end of one of her sleeves, frowning and taking a step back. Her shoulders slumped just a bit and she kept herself from looking at his face. "I..." she cut herself off and the sudden surge of guilt from the young woman caused Aurinkoth to step from his brother to nudge the edge of his snout against his rider's cheek, crooning reassuringly at her.

It's okay, myIchta. Would yourG'ran ever do wrong by you? he reminded, though she did protest the use of 'your' in relation to the man.

"I didn't tell anybody I was sick," she admitted. "I didn't want...." she finally looked up, though she looked more sad, than anything, "I didn't want to be a bother." But she was getting the feeling it had been more of a bother that she had been silent. "I haven't had fresh air in weeks, a little walk won't hurt me."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:22 pm
It was impossible to miss the way she shied away from him, especially when Aurinkoth stepped in as though to lend her confidence. G'ran felt like throttling something, his emotions raging to the point that Elzebuth's eyes began to whirl with tinges of fiery red. A bother. Always a bother. Why did she think that way? Didn't she know she was anything but? The big man turned away, unable to look at her crestfallen expression for very long. A few steps gained him some distance, unconsciously withdrawing from the situation as he'd learned how to do since he was young.

The huge brown moved closer, exhaling loudly enough to ruffle G'ran's hair. Did you miss her? He asked, but deliberately opened the thought to Aurinkoth--so that he could open it to Ichta, if he so wished. Of course I missed her. G'ran snarled back, but leaned against one massive forelimb even as Elzebuth offered comfort and understanding. I would have helped her, if I'd known. Even if she doesn't want me helping.

That was the most frustrating part of all, for him. Ichta had helped him selflessly time and time again. Why couldn't he return the favor? Had he erred in some way that made her feel that distance was necessary? Or had she finally realized that he would never be like others here? A poorly educated brute of a mine-drudge, who had found solace in the kindness and company of a shy, wonderful tailor.

He said nothing else, but pain and rage was warring through him in equal measure. Elzebuth gently reached down until his muzzle was pressed against his rider's hair, but his whirling eyes remained fixed upon Aurinkoth and His.

This would be best for G'ran. He deserved all of life's pleasures, even if he felt he did not.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:42 pm
He didn't say anything.

Ichta's heart clenched as G'ran turned away from her. He's upset. I.. Aurinkoth nudged himself into her thoughts, tangling his mind up in them and coating them with a sweetness only the blue could offer her. He said nothing as he eased the thought that Elzebuth shared with him into her mind, allowing them to find a safe place for understanding. Then, as easily as he'd passed them along, he again pushed down the surge of guilt that threatened to rise up with a wave of love and a sunny disposition that would melt even the coldest ice.

She stroked the blue's headknobs for a moment as all of her thoughts settled before stepping away from him to follow after G'ran over to Elzebuth. Aurinkoth settled to watch, looking between his rider and his brother and sharing an open thought with the brown. It wasn't a verbal one, but it was filled with the same sunny optimism the blue was.

"G'ran," Ichta set one hand gingerly on one of his arms, bolstered by the positivity loaned to her by her bond. "I'm sorry. I thought that...I was helping you by not making you worry," it was a pathetic excuse, but good intentions had a way of going awry.

She let her words settle for a moment before asking, "Do you want me to leave?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm
At Ichta's approach, Elzebuth slowly lifted his head away from His. Though they were no longer touching, the warmth of his dragon's love still surrounded him, snapping at his insecurities until they had no choice but to flee. Trying to gather his courage, G'ran felt himself twitch when her small hand touched him, more of a jerk of surprise, and he forced himself turn to better face her. It was hard to look her in the eyes, his eyes wandering uneasily over her face. He was worried because she had kept to herself... But that is how she is. Elzebuth reminded him, and he sighed quietly. It was true. And it wasn't something he'd hold against her.

"No." Came the rough reply, and the thought of her going... "No." He said, a bit less abrupt. "I don't." He took a slow breath, trying to gather his thoughts. For anyone else, the silence might be uncomfortable... but by now, Ichta likely knew that sometimes words took him a while. "I... didn't understand your letter. And then you stopped showing up."

He left it at that, hunching his shoulders like a displeased feline. She'd left and he'd been an irritable beast ever since.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:57 pm
You did send him the one letter I told you was no good, Aurinkoth reminded her, his tone laced with humor. He'd known better, but she'd decided that one was the right one and now here they were, with hurt feelings and misunderstandings.

"I'm sorry," she'd said it once already and she'd likely say it dozens more time if it felt right. As he'd taken a moment of silence to gather up his thoughts, Ichta now took a moment to gather up hers, mentally picking at the edges of them as if they somehow would make it easier to piece the sentiments together. "I'd meant to reply to yours, but...." but she'd pushed her luck and made herself sicker by fighting the flu.

It was still no excuse to not have Aurinkoth speak up for her. Of course, he'd been blindly worried for her and his hide had taken a shade she'd never wish to see again.

"I..." she began to piece her thoughts together, trying to find the best way to put it in words, "I think you're wonderful, G'ran. I'd never want to avoid you. Your company is too precious to me."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:41 pm
G'ran shook his head, not wanting her to be sorry. He wasn't angry at her. Just... in general. At everything. Always. "But you got sick." He supplied quietly. It made more sense now. She'd gotten ill and hid herself away. Mentally, he kicked himself for not seeking her out. If Aurinkoth had felt she was in true danger, he would have sought us out. Elzebuth was sure of this fact.

Before he could feel reassured by this knowledge, Ichta said three sentences that staggered him worse than any blow had before. Wonderful? Precious? He stared at her for a moment, almost slack-jawed with surprise. Him?

After a moment, he simply closed the distance between them. Hesitantly, his huge arms slowly folded around her tiny frame. She seemed so fragile, even more so now... but for reasons he couldn't explain, he just wanted to hold her close to him right now, burying his face in her soft, dark hair.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:51 pm
The last time someone had embraced her had....not ended pleasantly - a memory that Aurinkoth gingerly corralled into the pen of Naughty-Thoughts-that-aren't-allowed-to-bother-My-Ichta. It had sparked into the back of her mind for only a moment before being replaced by the overwhelming security she always felt in G'ran's care. No, even agitated, he was no threat to her and she knew it, wrapping the comfort of it around herself as she leaned into his chest.

It was nice, being held like this. Even if it made her heart want to dance right out of her mouth - all the better a reason to keep it shut.

Aurinkoth held in his trills of appreciation for the ordeal, instead looking up to Elzebuth. And they worried, he wasn't quite smug about the whole thing, but clearly it had been the right decision for the two brothers to get involved.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:15 pm
Elzebuth, in the meantime, was thrumming quietly with pleasure at the ease and peace that had instantly washed over G'ran's mind at long last. Dragons know best. He informed his brother, extremely smug. He settled himself on his haunches, letting his tail twine with Aurinkoth's. If G'ran needed the comfort of another human, so be it. Elzebuth was all for him doing things that made him feel good.

Tension was draining out of him in places he hadn't even know it had built up. His shoulders, his neck, his back... and as she leaned into him, something warm began bloom in his chest. His grip tightened gently around her, just wanting the moment to last.

G'ran was... happy.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:41 pm
Elzebuth was right - that's why it was always a Dragon's choice, after all. Aurinkoth settled into the sand, content to watch. This was the kind of attention his sweet Ichta deserved, even if it had taken a bit of maneuvering to get.

Wrapping her arms around his chest, Ichta was content to close her eyes and just listen to the sound of his heart - did hers sound the same right then? It was, as far as she was concerned, a perfect moment.

And it had definitely been worth leaving her weyr for.

Tsunake
And then they just stood there for the entire Hatching while candidates were being maimed on an island somewhere far away.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games