Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:36 pm
BrookM
*way too many words*
I think I'll sit this all out and wait for Kill Team instead. sweatdrop Games with a smaller scope are a bit more appealing right now, what with all we've got going on right now.

We've also been looking at Shadespire, the group I am a member of has nothing but praise for it, your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:39 pm
Tiina Brown
*snip*
I've done my homework, so I'm a bit better prepared now! mrgreen

This soup army, are you going to just toss units together with the same keyword or are you going to build legal detachments to get the most out of all your units?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:28 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Tiina Brown
*snip*
I've done my homework, so I'm a bit better prepared now! mrgreen

This soup army, are you going to just toss units together with the same keyword or are you going to build legal detachments to get the most out of all your units?

Well, i intend to follow the intended rules, so legal in that way ... But as far as 40k goes, even though i like a lot about it, i haven't played it much, nor am i very immersed in the lore, so my starting idea is to see what of the things that i like (efficiency and meta be damned, i'd just play for fun, at least for starters), and then see how many of those that can logically fit into the same army.

I can obviously not bring EVERYTHING i like, not only due to points, but also due to me both liking loyalists, chaos, and certain hive creatures.
cat_mrgreen

I would not mind getting advice on what to mix and what not, as well as advice on what should be added, even though i don't mention it.

In Imperial loyalist soups, i'd like:
* Sisters of Battle. Basic, Repentia and Command.
Somehow, i don't like the Celestine model.
* Callidus Assassin
* Ordo Malleus Inquisitor(i once made two in Power armor, the have yet to see any action) + Retinue.
* Death Cult Assassin(s)
* Mechanicus, although i like them and they trigger my conversion-fancy, i still know very little about their combat prowess. I would probably not mind learning more, though.
* Grey Knights
* Space Marines and Librarians.
No Primaris, and i'd probably avoid Primarcs as well.
* Imperial Guard, but probably not too many, they feel hard to give variation, to me: I'd rather use Necromunda Gangers or conversions than basic guard models.
* Sanctioned Psykers (Heh, perhaps i should add a special rule that if the Sisters see any "allied" psyker within range, the might shoot at it?)

For non-loyalists, the list would have Inquisitor w. Deamonhost, Rogue Psykers, and Daemons, or Genestealer Cult additions.

EDIT:
Yes, it is a lot, so i know i have to divide the loyalist soup into at least 3 different selections.
...and the chaos and the genestealer cult into two others, of course.
^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:13 am
Lady Blodwynn
BrookM
*way too many words*
I think I'll sit this all out and wait for Kill Team instead. sweatdrop Games with a smaller scope are a bit more appealing right now, what with all we've got going on right now.

We've also been looking at Shadespire, the group I am a member of has nothing but praise for it, your thoughts?
I'd keep an eye out for Space Marine adventures then if it's self-contained games you're after.

Shadespire I cannot comment on, haven't played it myself, but from what I've been told it plays tight, has good support and plays well at competitive levels, something a munchkin like you will no doubt find most satisfying.

Only downside is, you want a good deck and to get a good deck you'll need to buy every warband they release. They aren't the most expensive of purchases, but if you want to play the game well enough, you'll need those other cards as well.

I'd also recommend buying at least one other warband to go alongside the starter, as the starter Khorne band is quite weak.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas