Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Hypothesis (Buffel + Flydra)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

you almost harmonize

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:27 pm
It was a perfect evening, just as she had planned it. Flydra sat outside on a rooftop patio at a fashionable cafe in Civisect sipping at a drink. Her companion would arrive shortly and the two of them could discuss what was on her mind. She'd asked Buffel to meet her here tonight on a warm spring evening so they could enjoy the sights of the busy streets down below. It was rare for her to indulge in such a sentimental atmosphere but she enjoyed people watching and well, the yellowblood brought out a slightly more emotional side of her. Which was part of what she wanted to talk about.

"He'll be four minutes late, I'm sure." She mumbled to herself, catching herself in an amused smile. Buffel was not completely predictable when it came to everything but she knew he had a tendency to run into just enough trouble to be slightly late to their appointments. Though, not enough to be majorly tardy or reschedule. It was charming in its own way.

"I hope you've been doing well..." She mused to herself as she waited, somewhat surprised by how excited she was for this meeting. She hoped he would feel the same.

tenaciousgadabout

Yamashii

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:17 pm
The yellowblood was walking down the street as quickly as he could manage himself to without sweating. He caught a glimpse of a clock that sat above a shop across the street, or was it some sort municipal building? He squinted without dropping his pace. Only three minutes late, though he wasn't through the door yet.

”Okay, not great but that ain't too bad!”

He hoped the suit wasn't too much. A bit flashy for his taste, but he figured this cafe was something he'd only heard frequented by the higher end clients who had hired him previously. All black with some fancy gold trim sewn into the collar, he thanked his lucky stars the space mission had been such a lucrative endeavor.

He fiddled with his cuff links as he made his way to the door of the cafe. He spoke briefly with the front desk attendant and soon was nervously fixing his hair in the mirrored walls of the elevator. He stood up straight and looked himself over. Seeing his tie wasn't straight, he set about fixing it, jumping as he did so at the sound of the chime indicating he'd made it to the roof.

Stepping out, he looked around for any sign of her. Scanning the tables, he spotted her at a table near the ledge. It genuinely hadn't occurred to him that she might dress up for the occasion as well. Swallowing hard, he made his way over.

”Well, no time like the present. Hope she's been doin' alright...”

Yamashii
Sorry this was so late, really excited for this dork to freak out super hard over this meeting!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:15 pm
The door to the roof opened and Flydra glanced towards it, her eyes momentarily widening in surprise. She hadn't expected Buffel to clean up so much or so well. The suit fit him well and she wondered if he was doing better than she though in that traveling vagabond lifestyle he was leading around the desert. The doctor raised a hand to catch his attention and he made his way over.

Flydra rose from her seat to pull out his chair for him. Manners mattered on an important night like this one. She smoothed out the folds of her dress to make herself as presentable as possible. Flydra knew that as a member of Lorata's squad, she had to pay attention to fashion. She'd opted to wear an asymmetrical lightweight teal dress with the ruffled aesthetic she loved so much.

"Thank you for coming. You look handsome tonight." She flashed a small smile before returning to her own seat. "I hope you have been doing well for yourself. It feels like it has been too long since our last appointment." With all of the work from her new position in the military, her entertainment ventures with SHEshell and her regular job at her private clinic, Flydra had been kept very busy. It sharpened her mind but dulled her social life. Which was something she hoped to fix. She had thought long and hard about this decision in between shifts at the laboratory and dolling herself up for a show with Scorpa.

So much was going well in her life at the moment that she felt her successful momentum was only bound to continue endlessly. The wait staff bustled around the tables nearby but she ignored them for now. She reached to place her left hand on his right.

"Buffel, I'd like to see more of you. I know last time we talked, things were rough for you. But I want to support you though it. I could help you. I'm a doctor, I know how to heal wounds." Something in her eyes twinkled playfully and she plucked a paper from her purse, pressing it into his hands.

"Your prescription." Flydra explained, confessed?, falling into a shy silence afterwards as she watched him.

tenaciousgadabout

Yamashii

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 am
Buffel had blushed slightly at her referring to him as ‘handsome.’ He bowed his head to hide his face and replied in kind, ”Much obliged Miss Dromen, you’re lookin’ more stunning than usual if I may say.”

He’d been looking forward to this meeting, Flydra was always a warm (if slightly unnerving at times) presence in his life, and one of the few left since he decided to extricate himself from the Little Busters and others for the time being. He stopped himself from jumping as she grabbed his hand, shocked by the gesture but not averse to it. His eyebrows raised as she pulled out the note and passed it over to him.

”Well thank you Mi- er, Flydra, this is awful nice o’ you to be thinkin’ of me so much!” He smiled as he took the prescription. He flipped open the envelope and began to read. For a brief moment, he was confused.

”Fly, this is j-! Wait, is this-?”

His face went flush as realized what she was proposing, his metal hand covering the lower half of his face in shock. He genuinely hadn’t had even an inkling of Flydra’s true feelings until this very moment. He knew he’d certainly had a few moments of attraction during...well, just about all of their recent encounters, but he’d always been acting under the assumption that any emotion was unrequited on her part. That, and there was still…

”Fly, I...I don’t know what to say, I...”

He held the letter carefully and neatly curled his fingers around it as he placed it facing down on the dining table, leaning forward on his hand to speak in a quieter tone to her.

”I’m, well, not to clammer about too much, simply flattered that you’d even, consider me, uh, in that way. You’re an ace-high lady, smart as a whip and pretty as the night is long.”

He let go of the note and reached his right hand over to hers as he continued, ”I hafta be honest, I was thrown for a loop at this, I’d know idea that uh, yer feelin’s were as such. And due to that I think I should say I feel as though I may have not accurately represented my situation as it were, with P- er, Miss Rision. That whole event weren’t as much a rejection as an...open-ended, er, affair. I honestly don’t know fer certain where I stand with her and I’d think it unseemly of me to not be clear with you on that.” The bustle of the diners around them seemed quiet, though it could have just been his perception of things. The gunslinger’s eyes were locked onto Flydra, making sure she could see within them that he meant the words he said, and more importantly the ones to come. He gave her hand a small emphatic squeeze as he resumed his speech.

”But I want to be clear on something else as well. This ain’t a rejection, this is just me layin’ all my cards on the table. I like you Fly, although I will admit, I feel like you know a fair bit about me and I still feel like I barely know you as a person.”

He lifted her hand slightly above the table. It was a little awkward of a positioning, but it was important to him that he held her real hand with his. No metal, no falsehoods, skin to skin.

”But I’d like to, so here is my proposal: How about we see each other more outside of your office, in places like this or not like this, and we get to understand each other a bit more. I’ll be more forthright about who I am and what’s happened in my past, and you can let me get to know who you are as person better. And as we understand each other better we’ll see if this is something we wanna pursue sincerely.”

Bringing his left hand up, he closed both of his hands over hers. The soft light of the restaurant lit her face against the backdrop of the night skyline. He smiled at her and finished his proposal with a quiet, ”What d’ya say Fly? Is takin’ things slow okay by you?”

Yamashii

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:23 pm
His hands were warm and heavy on top of hers but the weight was welcome.

She listened silently, her face softening from confidence into uncertainty followed by insecurity. Buffel's words were very gentle and kind but to the tealblood, it still felt like a rejection despite him explicitly telling her it wasn't one. Flydra wasn't used to hearing 'no' or 'wait' these nights. Perhaps she'd been overly sure of her success due to her rise up the ladder in her professional life. Or perhaps he was letting her down easy with these words. Or perhaps she was his fallback plan should things fall sour with his open ended affair. It made sense. If he could manage work things out with Polair... a seadweller could provide him with a much more comfortable life than a tealblood could.

Despite knowing that fact though, Flydra did not want to lose what little relationship she did have hold of here. She would go along with his demand.

"... I see what you're saying. I understand. We can try things your way." She reached forward to pluck the paper from his grasp. "I thought I was clear on who I was but it seems we have different viewpoints on what it means to know someone. It is not enough for you to know I am a doctor, officer and performer. You have other things you wish to know as well. I will do my best to share those things with you." What those things might be, Flydra had no idea. But she wasn't closed off to trying to understand. Not everyone lived their lives as clinically and detached as she did. Her dearest Scorpa was proof of that, after all. If she could adjust to her moirail's needs and wants, she could surely do it again for Buffel.

"I have to ask you, or I will feel very insecure- what are your intentions with her? Why don't you know where you stand?" It seemed like an agonizing state to be in. Flydra was not sure why one wouldn't immediately clear up such a matter with the other party. Buffel had mentioned needing space after losing his lusus and thus keeping Polair at an arm's distance but... Flydra had seen the tabloids and gossip surrounding Polair's career. The seadweller appeared to be moving forward and making quite a life for herself.

If the two grew apart, did that leave an opening for her? But at the same time, she found herself wishing only for success for Buffel even if that was not with her. It was a scary place to be, in between selfish and selfless desires. She dabbed at the side of her wet eyes with her free prosthetic hand. How embarrassing, this never happened.

"Sorry, I'm alright. I guess I'm not used to being this vulnerable." She confessed with a sheepish smile.

tenaciousgadabout

Yamashii

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:31 pm
Buffel chuckled slightly at her initial response. Classic Flydra.

”Those are what you are, Fly. Doctor, performer, officer, those are all titles. I wanna know who you are!”

He rubbed her hand with his thumb, small concentric circles as he mused on where his curioisities about her lay.

”I mean the deep stuff, Fly. What do you dream about doin’ or havin’ some day? What do you do when you’re not bein’ a doctor, or a performer, or an officer? When you’re just Flydra Dromen, stunnin’ tealblooded genius. What does that lady do fer fun, huh? I’d sure as shootin’ love to know so I can do it with ‘er!”

He was smiling and perfectly content until the sudden topic change to Polair brought a blush to his face. He tought for a moment, trying to collect his words into something coherent.

”Well...to start, my intentions are just that, to find out where I stand with ‘er. We left on good terms, and she seemed to understand why I needed time to myself. But it’s been quite some time now, an’ she’s off doin’ her own thing, and I don’t know if she still...”

His voice trailed off. He’d been avoiding thinking about his ambiguous situation with Polair. Heck, he’d been avoiding Polair altogether, on the few occasions he’d found himself in the same vicinity as her all of a sudden. Why was he so afraid to talk to her?

”I guess she’s just...the last part of my life as it used to be before this.”

He gave his metal prosthesis a slight wave.

”I s’pose I’m just afraid that if I lose her, I lose everything from who I was back then. And so I’ve been afraid to reconnect with her and find out if I really have lost it all or n-”

He stopped, following her hand moving upward and now looking at her face again.

”Oh Fly, I’m sorry! I’m supposed to be here with you and here I am- y’know, just yammerin’ on ab- listen, all o’ that? That’s stuff I gotta deal with at some point, and I will. But my baggage has no bearin’ on who you are to me, and who you are to me is someone incredibly important and dear. Someone I want to be closer with. Regardless of my issues with anyone else in my life, yer someone who’s always been there for me, and helped me when I needed it.”

He reached across the table to her face, moving to wipe a tear from her cheek before letting his hand linger there, holding her.

”I want to be there to help you too.”

Yamashii

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces