[PRP] Riptide [Wander + Sonnie] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:58 pm
Sonnie swallowed, his lip wobbling as Wander spoke. He deeply wished he was somebody else. So often, he'd just dream of living normally as someone who didn't panic so easily, who didn't jump away at the concept of meeting someone new. He always imagined it would be easier that way, right?

But if he wasn't Sonnie, well then Wander wouldn't have Sonnie. Wander would miss him. The thought made him miserable. Abandoning his friends and his puppets, the things that he loved, for the tradeoff of just being cool? Suddenly, it didn't seem as worth it... not when someone like Wander cared.

Maybe he just had to be himself, but better. Maybe the pain and fear would numb over with practice. Maybe one day he'd get the courage to talk to a stranger without his puppets. That'd be something.

Idly, Sonnie started to kick his feet again. He sniffled one last time, drying his cheeks. He started to speak to answer Wander's question, but paused. He grimaced, thinking hard. When he spoke, he looked Wander in the eye.

"No. I don't think so," he said, voice just above a mumble. "I think it... I think it's more like a distraction. If I'm important... trolls are counting on me. Then I don't think about how scared I am... I-I think about how much they need my help." Sonnie kicked his feet, looking down at the water. "Then I can't run away or make excuses..." He swallowed again, not sure if his point made any sense. His gaze flickered nervously back to Wander.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 pm
Part of her wasn't sure about that logic, but Wander found herself struggling to find words to help work out what. But it didn't upset her or scare her or anything. So maybe it wasn't that bad? And she wanted...she wanted Sonnie to feel more sure of himself! However he could do it, as long as he didn't sacrifice anything about himself to get there. Or throw himself into danger, recklessly, more than necessary, just to prove something.

Still, Wander nodded slowly. "I th-think that's a-a-a brave thought...that c-could h-help you b-become a brave person."

She rested her head on his shoulder. "I-I believe in you, S-Sonnie."

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:06 pm
Sonnie sighed, relieved by Wander's kind words. He was glad she could see the importance of his beliefs. He wanted a personal cause, a call to action. He wanted to help. He just wasn't sure about how he was getting that. But maybe, just maybe, he could do something worthwhile for the swamp. Something noble that involved more than construction. He'd like that.

"Thanks, Wander." Sonnie smiled, leaning his head onto hers. Slowly, he plucked out a messy song on his banjo. One troll believed in him, and that meant the world.  
Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff