[PRP] Responsiblities on Free Day (Rizdax & Nalacko) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:30 pm
Hattaki

The young candidate regarded the young man before her for a moment. Something inside her took pity on him. "New here?" She tilted her head to the side with a soft smile. Growing up here, she'd seen many candidates come in and fumble. "Sure. Can you stay a few minutes? I've lived here my whole life. Perhaps I can point you in the right direction?" She glanced down shyly. It wasn't her usual to take the first step, but for R'gan's friend she'd make an exception. "Or ask R'gan."

"Well I'm just working on some pieces and the master expects me to usually show up about now." This was the time she usually had scheduled with him. Nala figured her master wouldn't mind if she brought a friend along for a short talk while she set up.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:24 pm
"You could say that. It's been about a turn but still everything hasn't quite clicked yet. Someday I hope and then maybe I can stand for a Hatching." The thought alone had a smile flit across Rizdax's face for a moment. It was a moment that he was looking forward to from the bottom of his heart and even just the thought of it changed his normal stern expression a bit softer. "It's normally Free Day, I was just trying to get some chores done to make up for what was slacked on."

It at least made it easier on himself and Shar if he caught up on it in his free time anyway, that way when they started classes some things would be tidy. Not to mention those that had a tendency to slack off and take it easy often faced Shar's wrath and he didn't always want to see that if he could help it, usually because he felt intensely bad for them no matter what.

"I've got a few minutes. I can walk you over there and you can give me a bit of an overview? No matter what I do to clean I haven't seen everything here. Just what I've been told to clean." Riz chuckled a bit.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:38 pm
Hattaki

A turn. Nalacko knew that each candidate was different, and some settled in much faster than others. Hatchings, hatchings were another beast altogether. She arched a brow at him. "Well there's your first problem. Most, in fact I can't remember the last candidate who willingly worked on their free day." Her lips twitched amused. Most enjoyed it relaxing.

"Let those who slacked reap the reward of their efforts. It won't help them an iota if they think they can get away with slacking with their dragonet." It was much harder to ignore something that could talk to you, and you were bonded to, than say a canine or feline. Nala still didn't want any young dragon to suffer because their rider had been spoiled as a candidate.

"I'm sure I'd have a difficult time getting adjusted to living in a Hold if I had to." She admitted. The weyr was where she felt comfortable. Nala started walking slowly as she contemplating the differences in living in a hold. The biggest thing she could think of was there was no dragons. That and Lord Holders weren't decided by the dragon who flew the weyrwoman's gold. You were stuck with a Lord Holder until he died or passed along the ruling to someone else, usually a son.

"I guess, tell me what's its like to live in a hold?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:42 pm
Deep down he knew that Nalacko was correct, that he should let others earn what they had caused themselves in the way of repercussions for their lack of action. He simply couldn't do that though, couldn't stop working when he knew that the actions of others might get the whole lot of them in hot water. It had always been that way thought, from the day that his mother died and his father left he'd been working to feed those other than himself and now that both of them were dead and gone he had transferred that insatiable desire to work into his work as a Candidate.

Rizdax was man enough to admit that he likely had a problem and a rough laugh pulled from him at her words despite himself.

"It might take a few turns for that habit to completely leave me." Riz admitted as he followed in step with her towards her destination, hands stuffed down into the pockets of Renose's jacket. "I know that it's exactly what they deserve for being lazy but I can't bring myself to let work go unfinished even if it means they never learn their lessons. If it weren't for this Weyr I'd be out somewhere in a Cothold likely not doing near as well or being taught so much. Seems as though it's the least that I can do to repay the leaders and riders here for all that they've done for me, what with saving my life and giving me a new home and all."

Pondering her words in silence he let his head bow a bit, eyes watching the floor in front of him even though they were miles and miles away as his memories seemed to take over his mental faculties for the moment. Explain a Hold to someone that had lived in a Weyr their entire life? It would be like trying to explain a lump of dirt to a dragon soaring miles up in the air, at least by his perspective of how things were now that he'd lived in High Reaches. Holds were a completely different world where most of Pern's population lived and worked, trying to survive under the newly returned threat of Thread, where before the worst that they'd have to look forward to was a bad season for crops.

"There were still dragons at Telgar, we didn't have watchriders back then but that was because no one believed that Thread was coming back, if there's anything left of that Hold I'm sure they've wizened up to have them now. From what I've come to understand they're a bit more traditional in their views of how the world works and the Major Holds are larger than a Weyr even, but in a different way. No soaring walls of stone that lift high into the air for dragons, but spread out across the ground so that they could spread out and grow. I haven't been back in one since Thread returned, I wonder how they're doing in regards to growing crops when Thread targets anything living?" tone somber and eyes still quite far away, Rizdax tried to summon his memories of all those years in a Hold. Telgar wasn't the absolute largest of them all, but it was by no means small with two Crafthalls located there and a steady traffic of people coming and going to the Smithcraft hall especially. "All things considered I don't miss the Hold itself, what I miss is the interaction with the Crafthalls. Living in a Weyr is just as busy as any Hold was but it's a lot different and I've come to enjoy it here. So much changes every day, there it was always the same faces and same chores but here it seems to be that I meet someone new everyday."

A blush came to his cheeks for a second as he realized how naive that must sound to the ears of someone that grew up knowing all these faces and probably feeling much the same as he had about a Hold. Sure there were people that he'd never met before, but Nalacko likely knew everyone of importance here, even if only their faces.

"Sorry, I'm sure I'll meet everyone eventually and that outlook will change, but for now I don't want to change it much." Rizdax flashed her a tired grin.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:33 pm
Hattaki

Nala glanced at him. "There are other ways you can help without covering for the lazy dimglows, y'know." Shards, but if all candidates were like Rizdax, then the candidate masters wouldn't ever have anything to complain about. She tried to see where he was coming from. For someone special to her like R'gan, she could see pitching in and helping. But for any old candidate? Nope. She sighed, but said nothing.

"But you are doing something for them Rizdax. You're there when the eggs hatch and maybe you'll impress a dragon and join the ranks to fight thread." Sure the leaders and riders of the weyr deserved their loyalty, but they weren't drudges either. Despite how some might feel. Maybe it was one of those things she'd left to let it go for now, and maybe he'd understand eventually.

She walked quietly as he seemed deep in thought for awhile. Nala listened to him talking about the hold, but it didn't really make sense to her. It probably never would until she had a dragon of her own and could visit them to see for herself. "When we get our dragons. Would you show me?" If anyone could keep her from getting into trouble, then it would be Rizdax and R'gan.

"It's fine. Look, here we are." She gestured toward the door that led to the pottery room.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:57 pm
"It comes from having little siblings, honestly. I spent so long taking care of them I can't really stop helping people." Riz chuckled softly, her words were of course correct and he should have done what he could to make them do their work themselves, but he couldn't help himself. Shar usually berated him as well and he deserved it, but their tendency to be slackers often reflected poorly on the rest of the candidates and he wouldn't call for that either. So Riz would continue to clean and cover it all himself as long as he could. "I hope we both Impress soon, then we can work together to protect all the holds on Pern."

Offering her a bright smile, he pulled up short at the door along with her. "When that day comes I'll show you any hold you want to see. I hear there are some nice ones on the Southern Continent too." He offered her a wink and pulled the door open for her. "It was really nice to meet you Nalacko and since we're both Candidates I guess I'll see you in class next."

Where he had gotten his manners from Rizdax wasn't certain, maybe it had been from watching others in the hold interact with one another, it certainly hadn't come from his father and his mother had passed away when he was too young to remember her. No one could say that he didn't have them though and he felt as though he had warmed up a bit to this small girl that he shared a common friend with, even if the start had been rocky at first.

He really hoped he got to see her again and that she would Impress so she could go and spend more time with R'gan, who clearly was someone special to her.

magnadearel
Fin ~

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items