Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[META BATT] Nothing More Than Feelings (Psykgi + Flydra)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

we're all absolutely mad here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:43 am
Before the trek up into space, Flydra had been having brief moments of terror. It bothered her to seize up in random bouts of anxiety. There was no way she would be able to perform her duties well if this went unchecked. And so she made an appointment to see someone she trusted, Doctor Psykgi Mentha.

"Thank you for seeing me on such short notice." The tealblood said coolly as she entered the room. She had no doubt that Psykgi was busy preparing for the space mission effort on top of her regular clientele as well. The redblood had an annual spot at Bloodfest after all, she was well advertised.

"I confess I've never done this before. I'm not sure what the procedure is." Did she sit? Stand? Write a letter of her feelings and burn it?

DraconicFeline

Yamashii

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:35 pm
Yamashii

Ever since Bloodfest, Psykgi and Flydra had been talking about making appointments. Discretely, of course - even as Psykgi had allied herself with the Sirens, it was always good to keep mental health on the downlow. If someone had problems, getting them taken care of helped. But when the problems were more subtle, or not visible, then it would only hurt.

Plus, Psykgi technically hadn't been allowed to take on clients on her own. Not that she hadn't done so anyway. Not like anyone actually cared about it, so long as she didn't ******** up. She was, also, certainly qualified to do so, as much as anyone else working at the rehab center... But they'd both agreed to wait for that nice little seal of approval. And done what they could in the meantime, in informal situations, with little bits of advice.

Funny, though, how her new rank as corporal opened that door. So cleanly, too - those favors in high places sure did come in handy in getting her from 'intern' to 'of some importance'. Or, in other words, "Doctor". Of course, she would need more favors, and some of the favors would need to be repaid... but that would come.

"Oh gosh, no problem at all!" Psykgi said reassuringly. They were meeting in Flydra's clinic, where they would have a lot more privacy and where Flydra would be more comfortable. She wanted to look at everything - especially the troll anatomy model, and especially especially the model of the trollian thinkpan. "I'm just glad we can do this when we can! It's so important to be balanced mentally, especially before such a major event!"

Yes, very important - which is why Psy could not pay attention to all the neat things in the room. Her focus was Flydra. "You don't need to worry about procedure!" That was Psykgi's task - to find the keys to open Flydra's mind and help untangle the tangles in the metaphorical neurons. All metaphorical. Of course. Either way, there was no set procedure - the mind was not as rigid as its neurons would have you think. Literally.

"We can talk over coffee, you can lie on a recliner and I can ask questions..." she observed Flydra, "Whatever makes you feel comfortable." She paused, "... even dissecting a subject or sparring, if that helps."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:34 pm
It was so alien to her, the topic of mental health. Flydra nodded slowly at Psykgi's words, trying to trust in them. Out of all the options the redblood mentioned, the easiest one seemed to be sparring. Coffee would require actually tracking down a machine and dissecting a subject would be hard to do since she hadn't had time to arrange something. Lying across a recliner would have been easy but it felt rude to doze off after Psykgi had kindly agreed to come help her.

"Very well then. We will spar." Flydra tucked the picture frames on her desk into one of the drawers. She then rose from her seat and walked to push her precious plastic model into a cupboard to protect it. It was important to keep her beloved gifts and mementos safe from the destruction that was to come in a few moments. She had no doubts that Psykgi would push her to her limits to get to the bottom of these uncomfortable daymares and panic attacks.

"Are there any rules to this?" The tealblood paused to ask. She wasn't sure if she would be answering questions while fighting or if exhausting herself physically was the main goal.

DraconicFeline

Yamashii

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:09 pm
Quote:
Psykgi Mentha

20/20 hp

Damage Dealt: 5+1 = 6
Damage Taken: -

Military Weapon: +1 to damage

Sparring it was, then - Psy had been wanting to try out battle therapy properly. It made so much sense, considering troll nature. How many mental problems, she wondered, stemmed from a disorder in that violence? A lack of release? An excess? Fighting was an obvious way to see that in action, a window into the troll mind that no other method could achieve in that way. At least, that was Psy's take on the literature.

"Well, I'll be asking questions. You answer - and don't worry about what you say." she said, taking out her weapon as Flydra tidied up. Of course, she didn't want to hurt Flydra, but she did have to do a good job with the fighting. Otherwise...

"If you're ready..." she said, "I'll start us off - How are you feeling today?"

There, a baseline, a place to start.

Yamashii
Lol, so many different kinds of damage going on in this fight - simple question; its super effective!

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:11 pm
Quote:
HP: 14/20
Damage: 6
Military Grade Weapon
Offensive Artifact Adept Style B (2/2)
2d6 Deal double damage on this attack, 2x per battle. 1 ongoing damage for all turns after. The ongoing damage from these stack.

"I feel unsettled. I do not know if I will like what I learn from this or not." Flydra drew a round of needles from her reserves and began the sparring session, sending them flying at Psykgi. The redblood needed not worry, Flydra would be able to help with antidotes afterwards. She always carried a few in case someone important accidentally got hit in the crossfire.

"I am uneasy about being in the tower. It reminds me of Civisect's." She admitted, her movements slowing because of the memories. It was painful to remember Austri's broken body as Lorata held her, sobbing. The realization that they would be going back to something similar was incredibly stressful and Flydra could not help but worry over if she or her girls would be able to handle it.

DraconicFeline

Yamashii

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm
Quote:
Psykgi Mentha

16/20 hp

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 4

"From this session, or from your role in command?" Psykgi asked, to clarify. Not that the two weren't related, though.

Also, it struck her - what an... unusual weapon. She was fairly sure that Flydra wasn't going to outright cull her, but what was in these things?! Oog... Nothing good. She staggered a little as whatever it was surged through her blood. Gog that was... odd.

Okay, Psy, focus. The battle wasn't the point.

"What about it reminds you? Just the shape? The height? Or is there something else?"

yamashii

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:13 pm
Quote:
Damage: 5
Military Grade Weapon
2d6 Deal double damage on this attack, 2x per battle. 1 ongoing damage for all turns after. The ongoing damage from these stack.

"From the revisitation of my memories." Flydra admitted. It was uncomfortable to think about why the space tower bothered her because she had to think about what had happened there. It was full of nothing but painful visions as all pleasant memories had been stained the color of Austri's blood bleeding out of her shattered arms. Flydra readied another round of needles and aimed for the redblood's legs. These ones contained no drugs. The tealblood was trying a new technique with them- attempting to hit pressure points to use acupuncture in a negative way.

"It reminds me because it was a race between the two cities. It feels like I will be in a tower of my own failure because I won't be in a tower of Civisect's success." She pouted, very unhappy at vocalizing these thoughts. In a way, that made them real.

"I just don't know how to cope with it." Flydra confessed to the counselor.

DraconicFeline

Yamashii

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:39 pm
Quote:
Psykgi Mentha

11/20 hp

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 5

"No, you probably won't like it." Psykgi admitted, "But if you don't revisit them, they'll still be there, casting shadows on the present." Flydra was a scientist - at least intellectually, she understood. Things had effects, even when you didn't know that they were there - even when you couldn't see them.

Maybe using actual weapons was not the best idea. Psykgi thought, staggering as the needles struck her legs. Ow - ow ow ow ow ow! Maybe sparring equipment, with that foam protective gear and nonlethal weapons (like a staff or, ohhh maybe even boxing?) would be better for these purposes.

But it was getting her talking, and Psykgi just had to hold on, observe, and concentrate on her actual job. She dodged the next volley and picked out a few of the more painfully restricting needles.

"Terrorists put a bomb in the tower - Civisect would have won the race, if it wasn't for that. It isn't your failure, Flydra." she said, trying to be reassuring. Again, though, Flydra probably already knew. A scientist always paid attention to statistics. That is probably part of it, too. Emotions versus logic... So she would go at it like a scientist - which she sort of was.

"Logically, its not your fault." she reiterated, "But feelings follow different logic. What makes it feel like your failure, Flydra?" In the meantime, she braced for another hit.

yamashii

Yamashii rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:37 pm
Quote:
Damage: 0
Military Grade Weapon

What made it feel like her failure? It was a good question. Flydra hesitated in her movements for a slight second, her aim completely missing Psykgi as a result. She thought over the memories associated with the Civisect Space Tower and felt her face begin to flush from guilt. The horrible sights of all the damaged equipment and the fallen trolls inside. The dangerous obstacles they'd encountered and the irritating fear of an explosion at any time. The-

"Her arms. It's- I couldn't heal her arms-" Flydra stammered uncharacteristically. It was difficult to face and even more difficult to vocalize. The image of Austri's arms crushed to pieces as Lorata sobbed over the girl was burned into her thinkpan forever. Flydra had been too young, too inexperienced to help her greenblooded friend and as a result... her arms were now a misshapen form that Austri hid under her sweater out of shame. It was a true failure for Flydra. How could she call herself a doctor if she couldn't heal these kinds of injuries? Especially with Lorata's funding providing her with state of the art technology.

There were no words she could possibly use to ask Austri to forgive her. The greenblood would simply wave away her apology and say that it was her own fault and her own burden to bear. But the four of them were too close for that, weren't they? They shared everything, the good and the bad. Maybe that was why it bothered her so much-

"It's not fair! I can't help her. She doesn't want me to!" Gloves stubbornly smeared at the sides of her eyes.

DraconicFeline

Yamashii

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:33 am
Quote:
Psykgi Mentha

11/20 hp

Damage Dealt: 7
Damage Taken: 0

Oh. Huh.

The next strike was easy enough to dodge, even though Psykgi had to switch mental gears very quickly. She hadn't expected to so literally break through into Flydra's mind so quickly.

But whose arms? Not Flydra's, she only had a single prosthetic. Not Scorpa's, as far as Psy could tell the Lieutenant had all her natural limbs. Psy had no idea - who else but a Siren, one of Flydra's close friends could it be?

Did it really matter? I mean, I want to know, very badly, indeed, that was just her nature, But does it really matter for this session?

Psy had other ways to fiddle out who and what, if she felt like it. She let her weapon down for the time being. It left her open, but that was fine - Flydra was more open than she was. Psy moved closer and offered Flydra a plain white tissue, her face listening and attentive.

yamashii

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff