[PRP] Desperation p2 [Deimos + Forera]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:04 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You got a friend to lean on, kid.

[Takes place after Desperation p1]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Coolness was the first thing that really came to his attention when he woke next- then quickly followed with ache. Where was he? He shifted inside the... recouperacoon? Was he at his hive? Had the whole thing been a fever dream or something...? He tried to pull himself up out of the 'coon- he soon regretted that. Pain lit up his foot- no... He looked down, squinting in the darkness. Not foot, stump. He felt his skin prickle. It... hadn't been a daymare. He struggled to pull himself up enough to look outside of the 'coon and spotted Perore. She was sleeping- that couldn't be good. "Per--" he started, but his voice gave out. He cleared his throat and tried again. "Perore..?" Where were they..?

quite uneventful
wakeywakey

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:53 pm
      Forera was drooling. She hadn't realized when she'd fallen asleep, and honestly hadn't expected to. These days she could only sleep when in sopor, and even that took a while. Mostly because of the terrible dreams she almost always had. Even now she seemed to be having an unpleasant dream. She snored a little at the sound of the unfamiliar name, then something in her clicked and she remembered that was her OTHER name, her not-name. Her body shifted and the tealblood instinctively lifted an arm, eyes snapping open as her body tensed and her eyes darted around the room, fear in them. All she saw was a weak, weary tealblood, seated in the medical grade recuperacoon looking like complete s**t. Forera relaxed some, hands falling to her sides as she composed herself and adjusted her blue goggles. She ran a hand through her hair, shuffling closer towards the small teen. "Heya, chump." She said, a little weakly. "Guess what. Yer never gonna believe what happened to ya." It definitely wasn't a story to tell his matespirit.

nepsah
drools emotion_drool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:54 pm

If he were more awake and aware he would have been.. concerned? Or maybe surprised... at Perore's reaction as she woke- fear was not something he'd ever really pictured as being an expression that would ever be on her face. She seemed too confident and sure of herself in the world for something dumb like fear. But, he was not really awake and definitely not very aware of much of anything aside from the ever growing ache in his leg.

He blinked dazedly at her as she approached, eyes slowly sliding to the side but he did not dare turn his head to look into the 'coon. He didn't want to see it. Maybe if he didn't acknowledge it, it wouldn't actually be there. "It's not... real." He said, finally. It couldn't be real. He'd been hallucinating for nights, surely this was just an especially elaborate one. "Where... where are we?" Her hive? It seemed too clinical for that.

quite uneventful

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:56 pm
      "Busthind's gotta medical facility. Had ya bring ya here m'self." She stretched her neck some. "Ya made yer way from Four Fronds ta Busthind and got a lil ******** in tha head. Yer leg was ******** up. Like, real ******** up. I dunno what happened to ya, but yer blood was all over yer lusus. Poor thing, he was so nervous 'bout ya dyin'." She sighed. The tealblood rubbed her nose. "So. I had ta... do some s**t to ya ta make sure ya didn't die." She shuffled to the side of the bed, sitting on it. "It's, uh, pretty real. Yep."

nepsah
well at least you didnt die

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:00 pm

The hazy memories of the night before started to cloud his mind as she spoke. He'd... made his way to Busthind? No, he was... he was looking for a good spot to see a meteor shower. He'd jumped out of his respiteblock window. Frown increasing, he mustered the courage to look down at it and... quickly looked away. Oh no. No no no. He hadn't been that stupid, had he? He tried to remember, rubbing at his face with both hands. "I wanted... to see the meteor shower." He finally spoke, though the sound seemed like it belonged to someone else. Not him. He wouldn't do something that stupid...

The images of the shadow people in the forest came to mind - he'd been scared, they were so real. He shifted his position, barely holding in a hiss as his leg protested being moved. He'd climbed a tree to see where he was, he'd gotten lost. "Thypion was asleep." That he remembered clearly- his poor lusus, worn out from days of little rest due to Deimos's own issues with insomnia. Had it really gotten that bad? "I..." He paused, remembering the searing pain. He pulled his hands away from his face and dared another look into the 'coon. "...I stepped in a trap. I didn't see it... too dark. Did... did you cut it off?" He looked to Perore, clearly still trying to process the events. "I don't remember."

quite uneventful
tru coulda been worse

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:02 pm
      Rera gave him a weary smile. "Meteor shower, huh." She rubbed her neck. "Ya definitely got some sorta shower, that's fer sure." A shower of blood. Pain? Both counted. "Thypion brought ya ta me. I'm guessin'... He helped ya out. By... any means necessary." Forera didn't want to think too hard about it. "When ya got'ta me ya had no trap. Just uh. A real <******** up lookin' stump. Looked crazy infected. If I didn't cut it off... ya woulda died from it. Fer sure." She let him process this for a second. "Fer all yer complainin' about not gettin' enough sleep, I didn't know ya had it this bad. Ya look like utter s**t, kiddo. Do I need'ta knock ya out so ya can sleep?" Rera would.

nepsah
lol, meteor shower???? ur such a NERD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:08 pm

He nodded slowly. Yes, a meteor shower. It sounded so dumb now, it wasn't like meteor showers were particularly rare or anything. Granted, this one only happened once a sweep, but still! It wasn't worth losing a foot over. Frustration and exhaustion caught up with him and he felt his eyes begin to sting. Not wanting to show any further weakness he scrubbed at his face with one hand, taking in a deep breath. Lame. So lame.

"...I'm okay." He wasn't. 'Maybe if I'd told someone I'd still have that foot...' He couldn't brush that thought aside. Shaking his head to clear it - or at least try to - he took in another deep breath and moved his hand away from his face. "If... that would work, then... maybe. I never... I never got that bad before." It felt so wrong to be this open, even if it was with Perore. No, especially with Perore. He didn't want her to think poorly of him though rationally he knew there was no reason for that fear. "I didn't-... I didn't... think it was bad enough to ask for help."

quite uneventful
A NERD WHO LOST HE DAMN FOOT FOR HIS NERDINESS.......

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:24 pm
      Seeing him so angry at... She could only guess was himself, the large tealblood released a sigh. He wasn't okay. She dimly remembered how long it took her to feel even a semblance of okay when she lost her hand. Seeing the stump. Remembering... Every single time. The snap of a beak, the fall of her hand clenching a knife to the ground. Her blood pusher hammered in her chest. She looked back to the smaller, almost crumpled looking figure, insides curling into themselves. She looked to her metal hand, lifting it up. "... Ya never think it's bad enough t'ask fer help. Thas just how it is." She clenched and unclenched it. She felt... Connected to him, somehow. She wanted to comfort him.

Well, great. She'd gotten attached.

Pulling off her gauntlet, the tealblood opened and closed her hand, offering it to him. This would be the first time she'd ever shown someone her hand, someone besides her rebel friends, someone besides Tevini. "I got this thinkin' I didn't need ta ask fer help. Thinkin' I could do it all alone. Then I got... Caught. Me 'n people I cared for. I..." She pursed her lips. "We were hunted." Her voice went steely cold. "I was young 'n dumb 'n thought I needed ta hold it all in. Just, remember ya ask for help sometimes, okay? Ya aren't alone. Ya got me, ya got Cerp. Even though he can be a lil s**t. Just. Don't ********' think yer alone."

nepsah
WHAT A ******** PLEB!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Deimos watched her, not really sure where she was going with her topic. Had she experienced something similar? It seemed impossible- she was so sure of herself, and definitely capable of taking care of herself... right? That's why adults didn't need their lusii anymore. He blinked at the sight of her hand, metal attached to skin...he'd never known. Hesitantly, and sparing a couple glances at her face, he reached out with one of his own hands to touch her prosthetic.

Fake, as was to be expected. (What, had he thought it was just a really convincing tattoo? Probably.) "...I didn't think you ever needed to ask for help." He withdrew his hand, mind mulling over the information she'd revealed. Hunted? For what? By the rebels she was supposed to be catching? "He is a s**t, yeah." He nodded - did... she know? About him? She had to, it was her job, right? But if she did, why would she tell him to rely on him? He was too tired to think about it. "I want... to be able to do it alone. Is Cerpin really okay?" He looked up at her again, frowning as he continued to wonder about the situation with Cerpin despite desperately not wanting to. "I know you are. You're not..." He trailed off, trying to think of the words he wanted to use. He wasn't going to tattle, that would bar him a chance to get into space... but he had to know. "You're not.. weird. Like he is." When it doubt, vagueness worked best.

quite uneventful
HE'S DEDICATED LOSIN LIMB AND ALMOST LIFE FOR HIS ART......

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:32 pm
      "I always needed to ask for help." Forera's voice took a more serious tone, something firmer. "I just didn't. I didn't until I was older." She cleared her throat. "One thing others don't tell you about growing up is ya can't do it alone." She giggled nervously. "Honestly. It's okay to be alone but. You'll go crazy." She knew this from firsthand experience. The minute he asked about Cerpin being okay, Forera paused. She arched a brow at the other. "Uhh. Yeah? I think he's okay?" Well, maybe. he-- s**t. She'd almost forgotten that Deimos knew. This was the one time she was glad she had a metal hand-- It couldn't sweat. "W-weird?" Her voice cracked a little. "I, uh. Hm. Iyyeeedonnnknoowww what yer talkin' 'bout??" She rubbed her neck nervously. Half of her terrible lying was because she didn't want to lie to him anymore, especially now that he knew Cerpin's secret. But-- How could she bring it up properly without sounding like a d**k?!?!

She laughed nervously, hand twitching unconsciously. Maybe uh, she could, somehow, fix this?? Usually punching helped?!?! Her fingers fumbled wildly before yanking toward his face wildly, slamming into the tealbloods face before she released a loud, fake gasp.
      nepsah
      FORERA PLEASE DONT PUNCH THE BOY PLEASE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:34 pm

That was true, no one really said that about growing up. Or... really about existing in general. Most of the time it seemed that trolls were... expected to be self-reliant and strong enough to be on their own without any help. Except maybe for quadrants but that was something grown trolls worried about. Not trolls Deimos's age, surely. He frowned a little as she began to stumble over the topic of Cerpin. Did she know or not? She did this sometimes, whenever he asked a particularly deep question. "I-" he was cut off as her hand collided with his head. He didn't even really yelp- the impact rattled him enough to cause him to let go of the side of the 'coon and slide back down into the slime, unconscious. Well, he did ask her to knock him out sometime......

quite uneventful
ONE HIT K.O. IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE......

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces