Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
:[Naiadpalooza Contest]: Look at this stuff, isn't neat?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:49 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
NOW - NOV 2ND 11:59PM ET
Thank you Irish Night Fox for the creation of the Merfolk species and Seruta for the unique hair!

We are happy to showcase our new Mermaid species! Because this species is going to be special and their numbers controlled, we are going to give you a chance of obtaining some through a concept contest. We want you to create a well-rounded character that fits into the Naiad setting by answering some thought-provoking questions.

A Little Info

Racial Abilities: When a mermaid dries out their tail, it becomes legs. They then have three days to be able to walk on land before they must make it back to the lake. If any water touches their legs during this time, it will convert back to a tail and they would have to make it back to the lake immediately.
General Temperament: The species is so varied there is no general temperment for them. Enjoy!
Background: These six plus Ariel are sisters and daughters of Triton. This makes them all prior Princesses to the Merfolk. We say prior because a magical, unexplainable whirlpool destroyed their castle where all of the Merfolk lived, scattering them. They have been living out in the ocean kinda wandering for who knows how long when they felt the 'calling'. They have now shown up and have a new home at the lake, but this new home also means a loss of title. They are no longer the Princesses they once were, their people are still missing, and now they're living in a strange new place with strange new faces.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:53 pm
RULES

• Please post your app in this thread
  • Put 'You wish Jellyfish' at the bottom of your app as a way to tell us you've read these rules and understand the species' guidelines
  • You will be expected to follow the RP guidelines and rules, to maintain the integrity of our plot. If you cannot agree to the setting of these characters then don't apply. We aren't looking for a special snowflake or a rebel.
  • Put effort into your application. We want to see the thoughtfulness behind your answers. .

*~*~*

THE APP

[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Mermaid of Choice[/b]: [i](List your preferences)[/i]
[b]Future Mermaid name[/b]: [i](you have the option to keep the character's name or rename them)[/i]

[b]What does your Mermaid want? Not want? Need?[/b]
+If they need something, why?
+If they don't want or need something, why?
+Does the thing they want require sacrifice?
[i]--[examples include Equality, Privacy, Power, Virtue, etc][/i]

[b]What does your Mermaid like? Dislike? And why?[/b]
[i]-[examples include Art, Smells, Chores, etc][/i]

[b]These are Princesses of a foreign land that is lost, meaning their old status is no longer. How will they handle their loss of title? Or will they try to regain it? Explain.[/b]

[b]What are your Mermaid's habits?[/b]
+Voluntary? [i](routines)[/i]
+Involuntary? [i](they kind of habits that get on others nerves)[/i]

[b]What is your Mermaid's self-assessment?[/b]
[i]-[What does your Mermaid think of themselves?][/i]

[b]What is your Mermaid good at? What is their talents?[/b]

[b]What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw?[/b][i](This isn't fatal as in something that will kill them right away, but it will if there is no character growth. - this is the flaw that drives the character, for example: weakness to sweets, or jealousy, or anxiety for being alone.)[/i]

((Entrants accepted until timestamp of 11:59PM ET. Please give staff time to read and judge entries.))

Guardian_Iris
Captain

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:51 pm
Username: DaemonGabrielle
Mermaid of Choice: 1, 6,2, 3, 4, 5
Future Mermaid name: character's name

What does your Mermaid want? Not want? Need?
--Buinae wants to princess again. She doesnt like this second class citizen stuff. She wants an entourage. Errand boys. Girls who envy her. She needs the attention.
She wants people who knows what she wants before she says it and heavens forbid those who dont. Sure, she's had to sacrifice a little on the personality scale. But what she does have can cause trouble when her needs arent met.

What does your Mermaid like? Dislike? And why?
-Buinae wants followers. She loves the smell of fawning eople. She likes caviar. And escargot. And pretty things, like jewelry and sea glass. And people who cater to her every whim.
And for the love of Poseidon, can she at least get a decent cup of coffee?

What doesnt Buinae dislike? She doesnt like being poor. Or powerless. Or titleless. Or other people towering over her with their orders and demands. She'll bow to the queen of course. Amd her elders as she was taught. But not without some lip and massive eyerollig. She hates people with attitude (which is ironic considering hers) And cheese. That stuff is just, like, way gross.

These are Princesses of a foreign land that is lost, meaning their old status is no longer. How will they handle their loss of title? Or will they try to regain it? Explain.
Oh. This is not gonna sit well with Buinae. If she has to throw herself at every single male in the court with a title, shes going to. She might even attept a few "accidents". She does not want to be in her current position at all. A girl has to sacrifice a few morals if she wants to go where she needs to, sometimes.
What are your Mermaid's habits?
+Voluntary? She's a....well, she's a witch. She gossips.
She undermines. She trys to manipulate. She will always attempt to play innocent. Even if the proof is right in front of her. She picks at things. And straightens/tidys the things around her yet is a slob in her home/room. She just like the subtle amount of control it gives her.

+Involuntary? she's a picker. She'll pluck a stray hair, a stray strand on a shirt. A piece of dust sitting on table. She almost can't help herself. Then again, shes never tried. She also tends to be very sassy. Even when shes trying to be nice, it just doesnt seem that way. She'll tell you outfit look great but not as good as yesterdays. Or that the soup is excellent for what it is. Things just dont come out her mouth right at all.

What is your Mermaid's self-assessment?
she honestly believes that anyone would be lucky to be around. She also believes the sun shines out her butt. No matter what, she's always right. And isn't her looks just ravishing? And her hair just luminescent? And her eyes? Dont they sparkle like a calm sea?

What is your Mermaid good at? What is their talents?
Hmmm.... This one might be tough. Shes never had to do anything. Nor wanted to. But if she had to pick something she'd prolly pick gossip. She can gossip like nobody's business. You need a story spread? Buinae is your girl. And politics? Girls a pro. Daddy didnt raise no dumb tween. No. This girl can work it like nobody's business. Doesnt matter what circle your in. Even if your below her, by golly she'll present to you appropriately THEN decimate ypu with her tongue.
What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw?(This isn't fatal as in something that will kill them right away, but it will if there is no character growth. - this is the flaw that drives the character, for example: weakness to sweets, or jealousy, or anxiety for being alone.)

Lord have mercy, this girl is vain. Flattery will get you everywhere with this girl. She can be blinded by a few gifts and a couple of nice words about her beautiful skin. She's so vain, she prolly thinks this app is about her.

'you wish jellyfish'  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:16 pm
Username: Antidia
Mermaid of Choice: 5, 1, 3, 4, 2, 6
Future Mermaid name: name of the character

As a displaced princess from a once thriving world, she will need to find safety, and stability. She needs reassurance that the new queendom is suitable to put down "roots" again and not subject to the disaster from her old home. She also wants a safe clamshell bed to sleep in because sleeping out in the ocean was tough.
After settling down, she will feel the need to venture out to explore her new surroundings.

She does not need someone needling her about her old home. She will talk about it when she's ready. She needs space, not because she's emo, but because is also an explorer and likes to venture out
Less socializing than she's used to. And a smaller body of water for exploring. However, she will learn there's still lots to do after a small brooding period
--[examples include Equality, Privacy, Power, Virtue, etc]

-[examples include Art, Smells, Chores, etc]
She likes primping. She's a social butterfly and enjoys music. She is talented and would like to perform someday in the amphitheater. She loves food. She is unsure if she likes the palace or not. It is beautiful and comfortable, but fears that if it looks too good to be true, it could be. It will grow on her. And her other dislike is the confinement of living in a lake instead of the open ocean. She dislikes when her sisters argue over trite things.

These are Princesses of a foreign land that is lost, meaning their old status is no longer. How will they handle their loss of title? Or will they try to regain it? Explain.
Some of this has been explained already. She will be madly jealous that the title is gone but belongs to two young babies. But she will quickly accept why. She will eventually accept that the title is gone, however, she will still want high social status regardless and will do what she needs to in order to gain attention once more. Nothing nefarious, but it might take a little friendly manipulation.

+Voluntary? (routines)
She glances at herself every time she passes a mirror or reflective surface. She also habitually checks in on the queen and chit chats with the Ladies in Waiting in order to try and join their ranks. She is gossipy so fits it perfectly with the court. She is witty and charming.
+Involuntary? (they kind of habits that get on other's nerves)
She hums and sometimes makes noise without knowing or controlling. She also tends to look at every male with interest in her eye, but really, she's not. Sometimes, she talks with her mouth full..

-[What does your Mermaid think of themselves?]
She considers herself important and craves attention. She will eventually believe that her family was brought to this lake in the middle of a magical island for a reason.

What is your Mermaid good at? What are her talents?
She can play a mean guitar solo. She is a performer.

What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw?Insane Forgiveness. She's too quick to forgive somepae even when they've done something morally wrong. This forgiveness gives her a bit of naivete because it opens her up to being taken advantage of. Even after letting another naiad commit an ethical or moral act by letting them back into her trust. She gets mad, but it simply doesn't last.

'You wish Jellyfish'  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:14 pm
Username: Tartara_seabreeze
Mermaid of Choice: 1, 4, 6, 2, 5, 3
Future Mermaid name: character name please

-- The one thing this former princess needs is normalcy. She wants plenty of things; a date to the dance, a shiny new necklace, or to stuff her face with a mountain of food and not gain weight. But what she needs is normalcy. Prior to losing her kingdom she was a princess and was under very strict rules. For many years she had to get up at a precise time, act a certain way, and never could make any decision for herself. Then the kingdom fell, and she had nothing but her sisters. No warm bed, no guarantee of safety. She's lived two extremes of royalty and poverty, and to keep her sanity she'll need to live in the middle.

The sacrifice for this means braving a whole social system that she doesn't know. She'll have to soul search and make real changes to how she acts and reacts, because she can't boss pae around as royalty and she can't be scared of everyone like they were scavengers.

All of the sisters have a profound love for music passed down from their late mother. So she of course loves to sing. She likes the finer things in life because that's what's she knows and is familiar with, whether it be jewelry or food or soft bedding in her clam. And she deeply loves spending time with her sisters, and father.

As much as she liked the freedom of poverty, she didn't like the 'poverty' part of it. She dislikes getting too dirty or sleeping on the ground, though she'll do it. And she absolutely hates being thought 'dumb'. Because she can be rather airheaded.

Initially the loss of title will be difficult only because she won't have it as justification for her actions. She grew up being a princess, so she's used to getting basically whatever she wanted whenever she wanted it with no second thought. Now she can't make demands or get the best dress or get invited to all the parties, and pae can insult her to her face or outright ignore her. But she won't try to regain her status, because she knows what the cost is. She didn't like being a bird in a golden cage. It will be pretty hard not fawning over a prince though.

+Voluntary? Every day at the same exact time she gets up for the day. This was ingrained in her since a child since Trident required it of his daughters to greet him in the morning at the same time every day. She has to look presentable before leaving her room which includes makeup, brushing her hair and any accessories.
+Involuntary? Tends to twirl her hair when either bored or nervous. And if she's not paying close attention, her normal laugh is the most annoying laugh that can carry clear as bells across a room.

She thinks that others don't give her enough credit. That she's just as smart and talented and graceful as anyone else. She knows herself to be kind but believe that she has more patience than she actually has.

She is very good at singing. Not as good as Ariel of course, but Sebastian always said she was the best out of the other sisters. Though oddly he said not to tell them. She never questioned this.

What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw? Inferiority Complex. She grew up with six sisters each as beautiful and beloved as her. One could say there wasn't any competition, but there was competition. Like Ariel who was the best singer and daddys favorite. In normal situations this appears as a small voice in her head saying that she is dumb, that she can't do this and that. This makes her more sensitive to criticism and keeps her from trying difficult things as she believes she'll fail. It makes her think that other pae really don't like her, that they only pity her. This sometimes includes even family.

'You wish Jellyfish'  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:15 pm
Username: EvilSilverDragon
Mermaid of Choice: 6, 4, 3, 1, 2, 5
Future Mermaid name: (Cannon, form is Alana's specifically)

Alana needs to feel safe and secure. All she wants is to wake up and everything to be as it was before the whirlpool. Everything needs to stay as close to the same as possible, she cannot lose anyone or anything again! This creates a constant a mental immobility with anything changing. New isn’t so scary but Neptune help her if anything changes.

She loves jazz music, playing music with her sisters and being with her family. Her family group is familiar and safe, there she can relax and be calm, anxiety is terrible for your skin.
She loves making cremes to help others feel great about themselves and looking after her flower gardens.
She hates changes and losing anything that is hers after losing everything. Things from Before are especially precious.

These are Princesses of a foreign land that is lost, meaning their old status is no longer. How will they handle their loss of title? Or will they try to regain it? Explain. If you ask her, she still is a Princess. Second in line meant not a lot of responsibilities as her sister was a head of her, so her time was spent entertaining guests and tracking down the youngest sister. Her behavior will not change nor will her view of herself, not having courtly duties is nothing new.

+Voluntary? Every day she has to count her sisters, see each of them to know they are okay. If she doesn’t see even one of them the rest of the day is lost to tracking them down and panicking. Once she’s accounted for her family, Alana will go to check on her wildflowers or collect items for a crème. In spare moments, she’ll play her tambourine

+Involuntary? Her failure to communicate until she finds all her sisters leads to short, flighty even nonsensical conversations with others. Near constantly she is counting and categorizing everything to see that they are in their place even in the middle of a conversation. She’ll absentmindly shake her tambourine when anxious.

What is your Mermaid's self-assessment? “I am a glamorous Princess who loves her family. I know I am beautiful, but my goal is always to help others look even better. Did I mention I love Jazz? Oh I could jam all night with the tambourine. When I am in my element I am confident but this new world is terrible. Even with all my sisters around, I can’t help but feel a little lonely and scared.”

What is your Mermaid good at? What is their talents? Alana is a mistress of beauty, her tried and true cremes will fix anyone up! She has an eye for what problems plague a beautiful merfolk and can come up with just the thing so long as it was a concoction she’s used in the past. She is amazing on the tambourine ready to shake out a beat whenever its needed, old tunes for the soul. Her eye for beauty shows through with her wildflower bouquets and accessorizing.

What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw?(This isn't fatal as in something that will kill them right away, but it will if there is no character growth. - this is the flaw that drives the character, for example: weakness to sweets, or jealousy, or anxiety for being alone.) Hates change: The whirlpool changes a mermaid. After the storm destroyed everything they had ever known and harmed her people, it left its mark. Now any change in her life is met with utter terror and a battle to keep it. This translate to merfolk, friends and things. If her sisters or father tried to start new relationships she’d do her best to disrupt the relationships to keep her sisters together and her father just that. If anything, she owns goes missing a complete breakdown is liable to happen as she flips out. Nothing can change or she’ll feel even more lost again.

You wish Jellyfish (that was always there ninja , I full accept if that isn't' allowed)  

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:14 pm
Username: Teigra
Mermaid of Choice: 6, 1, 2, 4, 5, 3
Future Mermaid name: Character name (I'm writing this app with a character concept for Alana, however)

Alana wants to find a safe place where her family can settle and even thrive. The disaster that drove them from their home shattered her world literally and figuratively. She hopes that their survival might mean that more of their kin also survived and were drawn to this place. Maybe they would find more Merfolk had found their way to this new land. Even if she was saddened to find that this wasn't true, she still holds out hope that it may yet happen.

Above all else, Alana does not want to have to return to the sea. Though it also holds many wonders of great beauty, she'll never forget the fear and terror she experienced after being cast from the safety of her lifelong home into the wild waters beyond. Even if, in her heart, she wonders if a journey back to the sea may help them find any wandering lost members of their kin, that fear holds her back, unwilling to risk the danger once more now that they've found this relatively safe place.

To keep her spirits up, Alana needs to focus on the beauty in the world and the joy to be found in it. This is what recharges her emotional energy level and she has to focus on this positive energy and spreading it to others to help her find balance in this new, unfamiliar setting.

For herself and for her family to find a place in this new land, she'll have to sacrifice her old ideas about what is necessary for an acceptable quality of life. She'll have to give up her lingering sense of entitlement and learn to live without some luxuries for the sake of their future. And maybe, along the way of sacrificing her royal title and status, she'll learn she gained something more...

More than a simple 'like', Alana's drive seems to be not only to appreciate the beauty found in the world, but to do everything in her power to add to or enhance this beauty as well as reaching out to others to teach them to appreciate this beauty as well. This is more than just physical beauty, and she's always looking for the 'silver lining' as some might say. She can find some glimmer of beauty or hope in even the darkest day. She focuses heavily on the positive, though despite appearances, it doesn't always come easily. She just knows that she's doing her best as long as she focuses on keeping her head up.

That being said, she greatly dislikes people who are purposefully negative to or take actions to bring down others. Alana has seen that the world can be plenty harsh enough on its own without others trying to pull you down into the abyss. She believes that we should try to lift others up, not tear them down. The only truly ugly being in her eyes is one that sets out to be malicious on purpose. When faced with such a person, this lovely little flower may show she hides thorns.

Of course, on a lighter note, Alana specifically likes flowering kelp gardens and listening to jazz music. Once she settles into the lake, she's going to be quite eager to check out the music scene when she realizes how much free time she's going to have. On the other hand, she does not like fire coral or sea cucumbers. It's a shame that fire coral must be so pretty, yet so dangerous and potentially painful. Though it has beauty merit, she'd rather save herself the risk of anyone touching it or hurting themselves. And sea cucumbers? She can find beauty in many things, but...it's hard to find beauty in a creature that defends itself by expelling its internal organs at threats to frighten them off. Eww. Effective though; she'd certainly swim away in the opposite direction as fast as possible!

...really, they just creep her out.

Before the tragic events hit their kingdom, the posh life of royalty was all that the sisters had known. The sudden and dramatic change of finding themselves adrift in the ocean and having to fend for themselves was a shock to say the least. Upon discovering Telrunya and the fine palace within the lake, at first, it was natural to assume that the royal family would settle back in...but it was not to be, as this was already the realm of another ruler. Naturally, Alana would want to return to the lifestyle in which she was raised, enjoying the safety and comfort of palace life and the benefits that come with being a royal. It had been all she had ever known before. She's going to feel slighted at first, lost in this new land with no place in it of her own. With time, the shock of their troubles at sea will begin to fade as she learns more about the life in the lake and the new palace's natural order. Before, she had always borne the weight of responsibility of being the second oldest of all her siblings, bearing the knowledge that she lay next in line after their eldest sister, but that all their younger sisters also relied on her to look out for them.

But here, everything is different. And while at first she may feel saddened that she is not so needed, with time...she may find some relief that not so much is expected of her and she's free to map out her own way. Find what makes her happy. I'd like her to possibly start a little coral and kelp garden either as part of the castle 'grounds', or perhaps she discovers one already there, but in ill-repair that she quietly and surely takes over and nurtures until it blossoms. Though she would enjoy the perks of living in the vicinity of the castle and the perks that come with that, otherwise, she'd eventually find herself settling in and content to live as a 'normal' citizen, free from the burden of royalty. She would re-find her joy in the simple things in life.

+Voluntary?
As part of her belief and search for all things beautiful, Alana takes great care with her own appearance. She doesn't do so, however, because she's vain or believes herself any more lovely than anyone else, but because she believes that every person should put their best forward each day, in appearance and attitude. She does her own personal hair and skin care on a regular daily basis. If ever she meets another who even gives a hint while they're talking about not liking their own appearance or wishing to make a change, she will be happily dragging them away for a makeover and spa day. Everyone is already beautiful, of course, but sometimes people need a little help and a little push to draw that inner beauty to the surface so that they can see it in themselves. When she's not being social, she enjoys a bit of quiet time by herself, taking care of her kelp garden and coral beds.
+Involuntary?
Alana seems to forget about things like 'personal space' during conversation. In her efforts to constantly seek creating beauty in the world, she may be mid-conversation and notice a lock of unruly hair that needs to be moved back in place. Without missing a beat, she'll reach up and fix the offending locks for the other Pae. Being underwater creatures, this sort of thing happens quite frequently. She does this with objects as well, constantly reaching out to adjust a vase or sculpture mid-conversation if it doesn't have JUST the right angle of light hitting it. Maybe it'd be better if she moved it over there...? Oh, no need to stop talking, keep going!

While she does put forth effort to focus on others and encouraging them to see the beauty in themselves and the world around them, she's not perfect. She knows it, but there's still that 'princess' nature in there that tells her that she's responsible for and has more power over events in the world than she really does. She believes that she's doing good work and sometimes if something is going to get done, then she's got to do it.

Though she stresses to others that physical beauty alone isn't everything, she does have an eye for it. Need a centerpiece for the table for a formal dinner? She'll take care of the arrangement for that. Your decorating feng shui a little out of balance? She's got ya' covered. She also has a bit of an underwater 'green thumb' and I'd love for her to nurture either a failing garden back to health or build up her own from scratch as part of finding her place in this new land. Though she can be a bit shy at first with new people, she possesses a very soft-spoken voice that many have noted they find soothing. Her even tones seem to be relaxing to others when speaking, though in no way magical, and she rarely if ever raises her voice.

What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw?
Timid/Non-Confrontational - While Alana is able to overcome her initial shyness at meeting a new person with minimal effort, that only works as long as the other party is open and receptive, or at least neutral. If the conversation turns argumentative or in any way confrontational, her anxiety grows. She is more likely to want to drop the issue, shove it under the kelp rug, or even break away from the conversation entirely rather than risk confrontation or hostility with another individual. Oddly, this instinct to run from confrontation triggers more easily with what should be simple issues as opposed to serious ones. When the stakes are high, or if Alana is triggered by one of the malicious-acting individuals who are openly trying to cause someone pain, she may grow angry enough to push past this anxiety and say something. However, this means in everyday situations, she's more likely to allow herself to be pushed aside and 'walked on' so to speak rather than risk mild altercation with another.

'You wish Jellyfish'  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 pm
Username: Twitchapher the 3rd
Mermaid of Choice: 1, 4, 5, 6, 2, 3
Future Mermaid name: Orginal Character name

After the whirlpool that destroyed her home she, like many of the other merfolk, was lost to the ocean like so many others. Struggling to surive for who knows how long, lost alone...She will crave not only attention from her family but she will have major problems being alone. Sharing basic need items(food, shelter, love) might be a hidden problem for a bit, as she will not know when she'll get them again.

She has a taste for music and before she was lost she was working on learning jewelcrafting in secert. She loves jewely and wanted to learn to make her own. Whats better to be blinged out then to say you blinged yourself out? She dislikes being alone and gives a nasty look to any sutior after her sister. They are HER sister and only SHE is worthy of their love.

She'd be unsure of how to feel about loosing her title...Until she realizes she'd be alone again. After some panic she'd do anything to get a higher place in the society, even if it means begging to Tariel for some low position and slowly prove herself to be worthy of a Lady in Waiting title...Or higher. If she doesn't resort to begging it will be talking and befriending the right people at the right time to slowly move up with(hopefully) her sisters.

+Voluntary?
She seems to be the first one up out of her siblings...Just like she was waiting for them, all smiles and a bit of relif? Must just be your mind. Afterwards she tends to follow her siblings around, joining a different one in their own daily routines. If she has a moment to herself...She shakily tries to find someone else to spend time with.
+Involuntary?
If there is a naiad equivalent of a fidget spinner, she'd have one. If there isn't, she's make it and she would be CONTANTLY spinning it. Or a thumb ring. She's always silently fidgetting with SOMETHING She's also deveploted the bad habit of bitting her nails.

She likes to see herself as a normal caring sister that any of her siblings can talk to at anytime. Never mind she won't leave them alone. That's normal. Compeletely normal.

Beside a musical talent(which most of her siblings have), she was learning jewelcrafting. Though her training was incomplete before the whirlpool, she was taking to it like a naiad in water. With a bit more training she could become a master of those delicat touches...If her fears would release their grip on her and let her stop shaking.

What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw? Her new found anxiety of being alone leading to obessiveness and clinginess to those she's close to. Her inabliaty to let go will be very hard to work through and will lead to many nights of crying and screaming and panic attacks. She'll need the support of her sisters to slowly learn to let go once again, be the sister her siblings remember her to be.

'You wish jellyfish' ...Is this like 'see you later alligator'? "See you later alligator! You wish jellyfish!' talk2hand  

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100

sailornorthstar

Generous Giver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:23 pm
Username: Sailornorthstar
Mermaid of Choice: 4, 2, 6, 3, 1, 5
Future Mermaid name: Original Character name

What Aquata wants is to find a place where she belongs. When she lived Alantas she knew her place was to be a princess. Now she is free from her postion she is not interested in taking up that mantel a second time instead she wants to learn about her surroundings. Aquata is willing to give up her exploring if she has to protect to her family.

-[examples include Art, Smells, Chores, etc]
Aquata likes collecting samples of different flora especially of flowers what are colorful. She does not like slimy things and does not like to eat spicy things.

These are Princesses of a foreign land that is lost, meaning their old status is no longer. How will they handle their loss of title? Or will they try to regain it? Explain.She always felt like she was trapped in her position. Always expecting to be like her sisters never really fitting in.

+Voluntary? (routines) Aquata has the habbit to put anything she finds pretty into her hair as a decoration.
+Involuntary? (they kind of habits that get on others nerves)She has the bad habbit of over explaining answers to anything that was asked. This has gotten on the nerves of others when she is only answered a simple question like would you like dinner.

-[What does your Mermaid think of themselves?] She liked to think of her self as an explorer. She is unsure of how well she is at medicine making but is proud when it works out.

What is your Mermaid good at? What is their talents? Like all of her sisters she is good at music. She has a very good sense of direction meaning that she can always get back to the place that she has been before. Her other skill is compounding medicine. Something that

What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw?(This isn't fatal as in something that will kill them right away, but it will if there is no character growth. - this is the flaw that drives the character, for example: weakness to sweets, or jealousy, or anxiety for being alone.)She is more of a loner than she would like to admit and can not be around others for a long time she feels uncountable. She is not sure about her abilities if they are good or not. So she will not always offer up her creations.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Username: SSBrosB
Mermaid of Choice: 4, 1, 3, 2, 6, 5
Future Mermaid name: character name (I’m terrible at names)

This princess wants to have a purpose. As she has lost her old home and her old title, growing up to just be a “princess” well, that’s not going to work anymore. After all, can’t be one if you aren’t one, unless you marry well of course.
So now that she does not have the “purpose” of being a princess, well, what should she do? Why should she do it? Does she want to go and help others? Get a job that’s just very basic? She doesn’t know, though she has often found herself reading as much as she can at this point, wondering what’s out there and what she can do within this new place.

She doesn’t like going out during the night that much. After all, it’s very dark on the surface, but even darker down below! And they have spots that are just full of perpetual darkness! And she can’t see! And there are lots of dangerous things out there too! After all, she could be attacked if she just wandered out into the darkness by herself!

She has no desire to regain her title. She has so many sister’s that could inherit it before her, she would just be wasting time trying to get a title that now doesn’t really mean anything and if any of her sisters got it back, well just not worth it! Although it’s a sad loss, it also means a new beginning for her which she wants to embrace!

+Voluntary?
Likes to make sure her room is neat and tidy every day in the morning and before she goes to bed. She also likes to talk to anyone in the castle for a relaxing conversation in the morning.
Involuntary? Sometimes talks for too long and may annoy people without even realizing it. May move things around a bit in her sister’s rooms without even knowing it to make it look a bit more tidy.

Maybe average? She doesn’t believe she’s really that amazing, but she also has enough self-confidence that she feels that she’s at least okay, if not a bit happier than most others!

What is your Mermaid good at? What is their talents? Organizing mostly. Not that she would want to do it for a job, but she may volunteer for it if you ask nicely! She also is pretty good at cheering others up if they’re feeling a bit down and lending a shoulder for others to cry on.

What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw? She doesn’t like to be alone. If she goes exploring she wants someone to go with her, or going out and shopping or on shore or well, anywhere! Except her room, that’s private. She just feels a bit less safe by herself considering that they lost their kingdom and had to move into the lake to start over again. What if it were to happen again?!

'You wish Jellyfish'  

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:16 pm
Username: HelMel
Mermaid of Choice: 1
Future Mermaid name: Arista

What does your Mermaid want? Not want? Need? Arista feels like she needs to fit in with her sisters. She fears that no one would like her if she were to show her true nature. Instead she chooses to float through light seemingly without putting too much thought into anything. She comes off as a little stereotypical: bubbly, blonde, and impulsive. In her quiet moments, when she allows herself to be thoughtful, she doubts her self worth. Arista feels like she cannot be as outgoing as Ariel or as smart, strong, and kind as her other sisters. She feels inadequate and torn; part of her wants to run away and go on adventures but part of her wants to stay amid the group where she knows she is loved and appreciated, flaws and all. Either way she is jealous of the others; they all seem so sure of themselves and she feels so indecisive and purposeless. In this new world, she will mature and find herself, but she will have quite a few inner demons to work out. It will be interesting to put her into new and unpleasant situations.

On the flip side, her outer exterior is very diva-licious. If she had to pick a perfect job, she would be a famous singer or celebrity. Distraction by vapidness is her m.o. If she's bubbly and fun and trying to be the life of the party, she cannot dwell on her anxiety. She craves the same attention that scares her, so she doesn't think about it in the moment; there will be time later for that when she's alone.

What does your Mermaid like? Dislike? And why? Arista is spoiled and normally reserves her attention for what belongs to her sisters' instead of what is hers. She tends to base her opinions on what she likes and dislikes on what others like and dislike for fear of being ridiculed. Secretly, she likes music. See the talents portion for more info. She can be seen squabbling with one sister or another pretty often as she tends to pick up things that are pretty regardless of owner.

Otherwise, she loves her family. She idolizes her father. She enjoys being the reason for another's smile. She is not very fond of studying or lectures. She

These are Princesses of a foreign land that is lost, meaning their old status is no longer. How will they handle their loss of title? Or will they try to regain it? Explain. Life will not be too kind to Arista. With her loss of title and entitlement she will have to learn the inter"pae"sonal skills she has been allowed to let languish with palace life. She will be forced to discover empathy and hopefully in time the tenderness in her heart will be allowed to flower. She would never be the warrior type to stage a coup. Instead, this little mermaid will find a way to be useful in the least "manual labor"-ish way possible.

+Voluntary? (routines) Arista likes to practice music and play musical instruments. She also likes spa treatments, dancing, gossip, and gossip. (She added gossip twice because that's her favorite.)
+Involuntary? (they kind of habits that get on others nerves) She will absentmindedly pick up something that attracts her attention, regardless of ownership. She also tends to be slow on the uptake. Jokes take a minute... a long, grueling minute. It's not unusual for her to say something silly as a response without understanding what is going on in a given situation. This can be mistaken for naivete or being "blonde" despite her being fairly intelligent.

What is your Mermaid's self-assessment? Arista tries not to assess herself too often. She puts forth the image of being carefree and sometimes bitchy, but she really feels like she is lost to herself. For her, it is as if she has defined herself by her shell so long that she no longer has anything deeper. This is of course false, but it will take a long time for the girl to realize she is more and has more potential.

What is your Mermaid good at? What are their talents? Arista has an aptitude for musical instruments of all kind and, being a visual and kinesthetic learner, can pick up how to play an instrument by watching and repeating. A lot of repeating. Lots and lots of behind the scenes praticing is needed before she can master an instrument, but she gets the gist of it by watching and doing. Once she has come out of her shell (haha) a bit personality-wise, she'll be likely in jam sessions and forming the entertainment for Naiad fiestas.

What is your Mermaid's fatal flaw? Arista is a little self-centered and flighty. She means well and has a lot of love to give, but she often comes across as rude and/or snobby. Being a princess reinforced this entitled behavior, so she may have a hard time making friends and/or having real conversations at first. She will have to learn humility the hard way. It will be fun chiseling away that vapid facade and exposing the raw emotions she has always guarded.

"You wish Jellyfish"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:22 am
We want to start off by saying thank you for participating! We had some really great entries that made this incredibly difficult. We spent a few days going back and forth on this, but I think we've finally settled!

To those of you who did not win one of our Merfolk, you will definitely be getting a pretty number of shells added to your total. We just can't thank you enough for taking the time out of your day to fill out the form and bring some awesome characters to life. Don't worry, we will definitely have more in the future for you all to win!

To our winners, wonderful job! We cannot wait to see these beauties come to life!

Tartara Seabreeze

DaemonGabrielle

EvilSilverDragon

Twitchapher the 3rd

Antidia

Teigra

Guardian_Iris
Captain

:[ Events ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces