Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[META-PRP] Impressive Impressions (Eostre/Hemera)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Where: Inside Eostre's Office
When: Mid-evening
What: Eostre has plans! She'd like to discuss them with the recruit she's taken under her wing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:37 pm
"So. I'm sure you're curious."

Eostre had called the tealblood to her office, and now stood in front of her desk, leaning against it with her arms crossed gently. She was wearing her new official uniform, with its blue buttons and bunny symbol shaped cuff links. It wasn't the most fashionable, of course, but it sent the needed message. That she was a Lieutenant now, and that came with certain duties. The door was closed tight. This was a private meeting, and the two had all the time in the world to discuss their plans now. She looked at the tealblood, head tilted.

"Hemera, right? I don't think I ever properly got your name, you know, not in person. But I've seen you, and found your name in the military registration rosters. Though that's neither here nor there, Miss Moachm." Eostre uncrossed her arms, and leaned her hands against the edge of her desk, gloved fingers tapping quietly. She smiled. "I want to say I'm impressed with your track record, honestly. And from the things I've seen of you. That's why I claimed you. I'm taking you under my wing, corporal. I want you to work with me. What do you think of that?"

Gl!tch~
feel free to position mera wherever in the office, really!! hope this is a good starter

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 pm
Eostre Diazzi. Not a troll Mera knew personally, as far as she could tell. So she could only wonder why she was pulled into the fold. Sascha was a lieutant, too, from what she had heard. She would have expected to work with him, if they were really in charge of the selection process... So this was definitely unexpected. Or, at least, until she entered the office and took a good look at Eos. Unexpected recognition caught her breath in her throat. Not a great feeling.

Now, as Eostre spoke to her, Mera stood rigid. This troll, who went up against her during a break-in at this very space tower, was actually a lieutenant? Was this another highblood who treated everything like a game, like Chiara and Eridia? Another highblood who treated others like they were toys? And she was one of them. Typical. But a toy of use, apparently. And Mera...did...want to be useful. She grit her teeth behind her lips. Fine.

"Lieutenant Diazzi. Thank you for this opportunity. I'm honored to be chosen based on my performance when I know there are others who work just as hard. You won't regret this decision." A polite nod.

"However. You understand that I still do not believe in physical fighting. Hopefully this will not affect your decision." Granted, she was not sure how much she herself hoped it would or would not affect anything. They had fought, but it must have been sanctioned by the queen if the blueblood held this rank after that. Hm.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:19 am

Eostre watched Mera's reaction carefully. She still didn't know enough about her, but what she did know was incredible. She has uses, and Eostre was making sure she was hers. The tealblood was even in that silly Superstars event... too bad they'd both been competing, and in separate cities. But she saw the footage.

"Relax, darling," Eostre said, shifting her arms back into a crossed position. Maybe this would be harder than she thought, since she had to convince this tealblood... of something. She was suspicious. Guarded. "You're being too modest, you know. I love false flattery as much as the next suck-up highblood, but I'm seriously not doing that with you. I know I won't regret this decision, because you do more than work hard, Hemera."

She paused, touching her own chin with a soft tap. The fighting thing... was annoying. Eos was well aware of it, though if it was a core tenant of this troll, what could she do? It wasn't as though she picked her for her fighting prowess, though she managed to best Eostre well enough. She needed this girl, and she needed her trust to make this work.

"There are more important things than fighting. I can't say it doesn't upset me a little, but I think you'll find I'm much more tolerant than some other lieutenants. I'm willing to accommodate you. After all..." she trailed off, making eye contact with her. "Being clever can be even better than being strong, and I know you must agree with that. If you can be certain you won't die on me now, because of your refusal to fight, I think I'd rather have your intelligence on my side even so."

Gl!tch~

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 am
"I live in the mountains. You learn how to survive up there despite all odds, if nowhere else." Though there were plenty of other places, opportunities. Mera had well learned how to adapt to her situations by now, only slipping up on her philosophy here and there. Not anymore, though. And she wouldn't have to double-down to prove that with this highblood. At least she had that much.

"I appreciate how upfront you're being with me. You have seen firsthand that I do my best with my wits and character above all else. I will continue to do so, and I intend to get better at it, for the sake of mastering my skills for queen and planet. It may sound like I'm sucking up, but I am just trying to be honest. I am completely dedicated to this cause, and I acknowledge that my means and methods are lacking in some areas by design. But I will continue to prove myself despite that. You understand my strengths and limits, and so I will do my best with whatever you need me to do."

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 am
"Of course. I'm putting my faith in you, and I know you won't disappoint me, for those exact reasons you've stated," Eostre said, unable to hold back a smile. Now that was much more of what she was hoping to hear. Proof that this girl was just as ambitious as Eostre, hungry for it, and smart enough to back up her ideals. She knew Eostre would use her effectively. Perfect. "Now, in the spirit of being upfront, Hemera. I must say I have plans, and I'll need your help."

She gestured to the chair in front of her desk, motioning for Hemera to sit as she walked behind the desk. Eostre took a seat in her chair, the soft squeak as she rolled the chair up to the edge of the desk, and folded her hands on the flat surface. Eostre flashed the tealblood a smile. "Would you like to hear them, corporal? I assure you, you're not just a pawn in my games. I aim to make this as mutually beneficial as possible."

Gl!tch~

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:32 pm
She hesitated, for only a moment, then sat down. Still stiff. Of course. This was a superior she was addressing. The whole atmosphere felt something like a job interview. Not something to relax for. Impressions and all that. A serious matter, even if Eostre was a lot more loose in comparison. Of course; she couldn't trip up, here. Mera, on the other hand, was a different case entirely.

Mera folded her hands in her lap, back straight. All business. Still unsure. She had little choice but to go along, and she had to admit she was a little curious about what all Eostre was trying to do with this meeting.

"I...would like to hear, yes. I will do what I can, but I will need those details."

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:58 pm
"I'm one of the Queen's special officers, and I'm competing with a few other friends of mine. They're good officers, of course, but the thing is is that I'm better than them. And I want it to be as clear to the Queen as it is to me that I have the most skills and the best recruits." Not to mention that her work was different than theirs, but she wanted to stand out. She wanted to be the most important. She wanted the title of spymaster to be rightfully hers. Eostre was ready to climb the ladder of the military and rise those ranks, and wanted to do so quickly. But it was important that she could build a base. Loyalty, people she could trust. Soldiers she knew she could count on to be on her side, that could handle secrets.

"I have an office in Four Fronds, you know, where I do my regular military duties at night. See, Hemera, I don't want this to just be for this mission. I want you to work with me from now on." She tilted her head and smiled. Still so stiff, this tealblood! But it had an air of seriousness. She was taking this well so far. Not afraid. "I'm not asking you to relocate, of course! Just come visit me sometimes. Every few weeks or so, I'll want reports from you. Easy enough stuff, and nothing unscrupulous."

Then, Eostre stood up straighter, scooting her chair closer to the desk, making eye contact with the teablood, her blue eyes steady.

"Now, the thing is. I know you'll rise the ranks easy enough on your own. But it'll take much longer that way, grinding the military path and trying to catch the attention of someone else until they realize your talents as I have. I'm looking for soldiers to work with me, trolls who have certain skills. Intelligent, dedicated, good at solving puzzles. I believe that sounds like you."

She tapped her hand slowly on the table. Time to make her offer.

"I believe sergeant also sounds more like you. What do you think? Can you handle that responsibility as well?

Gl!tch~

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 pm
A competition, between officers? Had they nothing better to do, working for the queen in whatever special capacity they were supposed to? "I see." So, Mera figured, she was still being used. Despite claims otherwise. Eostre needed someone to make her look good among the other officers. Though. Mera could see that she was still getting a job out of this. Consistent work, not having to rely on sewing and repairs as means of income. A serious, real job, so her hobbies definitely couldn't cloud her ability to see necessity over want. And she could balance that time with the Lightseekers. Couldn't she?

Mera straightened in her seat at the actual offer. A serious one. A full, actual rank promotion. So that's what Eostre had set this all up for.

Eostre first struck her as someone who didn't take things seriously, at least when they fought. And now there was still some of that; Mera felt like the highblood should be trying her best for the sake of it and not to look good. But, conceitedness often came with colder blood, did it not? And she appeared to understand the job she had now. That and compromise.

She had Mera figured out, that was for sure. And if she needed any help with getting serious...that was but another thing Mera could assist with.

"This is certainly a surprise, although a pleasant one, for sure. Yes, I accept your offer. I like to think I fit everything you're looking for in a recruit. And I can handle the added responsibility. I can rise up to anything needed of me- sans violence on another life. As you are putting such faith in me, I will put it in you as well. Thank you for this opportunity. I look forward to working with you. Is there anything else I should know?"

Wait, reports? Did this mean that she was going to get to do paperwork semi-regularly?

Gasp.

How exciting!

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:10 pm
"Perfect! As I expected from you." Eostre pulled out some paperwork from the file in front of her. "Yes. There's one more thing. Your promotion is contingent on a few things, but I'm sure you guessed there might be some strings. Obviously I'll start work on the paperwork now... but I want to build rapport with you. Come to me when you have problems, and I'll help you work them out. If you need anything, you can ask me and I'll do my best for you! Mentorship, leadership, all of that good stuff. You know, the things trolls hope for from their commanding officers, so feel free to rely on me." She waved her hand, as if dismissive of the idea, or perhaps bored of it. Eostre picked up a pen and clicked it.

There had to be a way to word this so that Hemera would know that this was no flippant offer. It was a serious thing, to promote another troll, and she was staking her reputation on this tealblood being exactly what she and the military needed. She was deadly serious as she spoke, flat and keeping her eyes bored into Hemera's. "You can't disappoint me. I need to be able to trust you as much as I need you to trust me. So I will expect you to do as I ask. There needs to be... some sort of allegiance between us. We're on the same side, after all."

She chuckled, but it was humorless. Eostre knew there was no point in faking it around her right now. The tealblood knew what was up, and likely would see right through it. "It's a shame to be so grave, but I am very serious about this. I want you to be my sergeant, and have the knowledge that I can depend on you for information and intelligence. I work with some sensitive things and could use the assistance. I'm sure you know the consequences will be quite awful if you fail me."

Eostre leaned back in her chair. "Is that clear enough?" Eostre asked, and then paused. She wanted to hear more of Hemera's thoughts. "Do you have any questions for me?"

Gl!tch~

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:44 pm
Mentored by a troublemaker. A bizarre thought. But, the queen trusted Eostre. Only a fool would refuse to shape up after given such responsibility. Perhaps enough time had passed. And, anyway, a promotion like this was a big deal. Not a joke, or setting Mera up to fail. There'd be no benefit for the either party. If Hemera could put issues aside to work with Eridia professionally, she could here, she supposed.

Mera arched a brow at the next bit, a moment where she could almost feel like they were on the same page. Grave levels of seriousness. So Eostre was capable of that. Perhaps this is what their queen had seen of her. Mera hoped for more of it; not directly negatively at her, of course.

"I won't fail you," Mera replied, and that was all. Her demeanor did not change a bit, her posture stayed perfect. She kept up eye contact with Eostre. Hemera, clearly, was not one to ******** around or look an opportunity in the mouth. Even with her misgivings.

"Questions? Yes. Are there any sergeant responsibilities that I should consider to be my focus during my time here? And are there be any specific projects you already have in mind for me? Anything related to this space mission?" She tilted her head. No one could ever say Hemera Moachm was bad at job interviews.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:23 pm
"Excellent." She nodded, glad to see her recruit wasn't too shocked to have intelligent questions. Just the sort of thing Eostre was hoping for. "There's a lot of sergeant duties, but I want you to focus on doing whatever you feel is important. Certain things will come and take priority over others as it comes up, and I expect you to have the judgement to make the right call. Though, if anyone's reporting to you, you'll need to still relay the details to me in the end. So, be thorough."

The next two questions were a bit tougher. She wasn't sure how much would be useful to divulge right now, and in however much detail to be appropriate without overloading the tealblood. Not that she couldn't handle it, but... it was a delicate situation, and one she had to be careful with. "I do have projects in mind for you back planetside, when this mission's over. I'll be sure to chat with you more in detail about them as time gets on, but. I imagine you're rather good at gathering intel, aren't you, Miss Moachm? That'll be a primary duty I'll ask of you later."

She picked up the papers in front of her and arranged them, shuffling them and putting them on the desk to align them as she placed them back into the file they came from. She'd have to send this off, get Hemera her proper pin now... and eventually help her get an office. If she decided she wanted one of her own as well.

"For this mission, the details are still being worked on and finalized. But the main thing is we're trying to keep private information out of civilian hands, so if you can be sure all documents and data that are found are handed over to you when you lead teams, that would be lovely. Do you think you can handle that?" Eostre smiled, and folded her hands under her chin.She was pleasantly surprised at how easy this was, but she supposed few truly dedicated military trolls could decline the favor she was offering - a promotion and responsibility. This would benefit both of them, and give Eostre exactly what she wanted.

Gl!tch~*

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:54 pm
Faith in her judgment, and role involving being tapped in the future to gather informaton. Both positive things. And she didn't even have to seek such a job out. How quaint. Rarely did anything so good ever fall in her lap.

However.

Twice Eostre mentioned having others report to her, possibly leading them. She already had Lightseekers to manage, but couldn't count on being teamed up with them. Not like she could make any requests without possibly looking suspicious, or it might be out of turn. Hm. Well, she did to balance two major commitments that slightly conflicted. She would just...have to work it out. There'd be time. She could formulate a way to keep up with both, and not have to blow it on either side of the equation. Yes. A little more than she expected to handle, definitely leaving her feel somewhat out of sorts. But she. Could. Do it.

Hemera gave Eostre a polite smile. "It will be no trouble at all, lieutenant."

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:00 pm
"Lovely. You've been an absolute pleasure, glad to have you under my jurisdiction, Hemera," she said lightly, Eostre spun her chair around, pulling another file from her binders. She was quite satisfied with the results of this meeting, and hoped to have many more meetings with this tealblood. Especially during this mission, where she was obligated to come to her for reports. But later on too... there would be opportunities.

"Well, that will be all then. You're free to leave, corporal," she said, waving her hand dismissively again, glancing back at her. Next time they spoke, it'd be sergeant, but for now the tealblood was still merely a corporal. She watched her get up and walk to the door, and Eos spoke up before she left.

"Oh, before I forget. I hope daywalkers don't count as a living thing for you, darling. They're all over the dang ships, and apparently quite active. Be sure to be prepared for that, all right?"

With that, Eostre returned her attention to her work. She had some paperwork to file, ready to get this whole business underway.

Gl!tch~
and fin!!

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out