Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Ring of Fire
PRP | Good Intentions [Discord RP Log] | Hitomi & Feir'Turak

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hitomi had strayed from the group of B'alam she met previously. All the information she had been given was a bit overwhelming, and she required some time to process all that she had learned. Perhaps it was her fault for being so curious, though she should have known that the questions one asks do not necessarily elicit the answers one would like to hear. The turmoil that ravaged her tribe perturbed her. Why would she – or any new soul – be woven in such a turbulent time?

She shook her head, dismissing the thought. That may be another question for which she would not like the answer given, not that the Weaver would give her answer even if she wanted it. Perhaps it was better that way. She needed to control her thoughts so she could focus on the present. No question or thought would change the fact that this tribe was in disarray and that there were b'alam in need of help, help that she was willing to provide.

It was then that a sound cut through the silence, and her head instinctively swiveled in its direction. It was a sound unlike anything she heard before, but she could still discern the apparent distress it communicated. Quickly, she dashed towards the noise. She really could not help herself, even if providing aid to others meant putting herself in harm's way.

It did not take her too long to find the source of the sound, and she realized why the sound was so unfamiliar to her. She had never seen this creature before: long and somewhat slippery, but apparently not slippery enough for it to slide through the crevice in which it was stuck.

She frowned as she sat on her haunches before the trapped animal. On top of the fact that it was in pain, the poor thing was absolutely terrified. Its ears were pinned against its skull while its lips were pulled back over its teeth in a snarl. The intimidation did not faze her; she knew better. She smiled warmly, placing a paw before the animal. "You need not be afraid, my friend." She doubted that it could understand her, but her soft voice and patience seemed to convey the message she intended. Though the animal did not stop growling, it seemed to relax, ears rising and snarl fading into more of a scowl. She could not resist giggling, for the animal looked silly in the most endearing way. "Come, let's get you out of this mess."

The paw that she had placed in front of the animal was the one she slowly inched forward. Its growling intensified as if to inform her that it would not tolerate any kind of duplicity. She continued to smile at it in attempt to reassure it that her intentions were genuine. Vermilion claws extended, finding their way into the fissure which held the animal. It was tight; no wonder this creature got stuck. "What were you thinking, little guy?" It began to squirm, growing increasingly restless. So she began to dig, careful to not injure the animal as she freed it. Not too long later, the gap in the rocks was just large enough for the animal to slither free. It rocketed out from its prison, thrilled to be free once again. It looked back at Hitomi and seemed to return her smile before slinking away. The Nan watched it disappear into the vegetation, satisfied with her work.

It felt good to do good for others, even if they were not other b'alam. Even in these tumultuous times, she could find happiness in purpose in aiding those who required help. Perhaps this the life the Weaver intended for her to live.

► Word Count | 620

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:10 pm

Feir'Turak padded slowly across the terrain. His head held high and his tail low. He honestly didn't know what he was going to do with himself. He'd woken in this area not too long ago. A part of it felt as though it was home. The other seemed to want to lead his paws into the other direction. He was ever so cautious, ears flicking towards every small sound and crimson orbs forever scanning his surroundings. He heard a screech of distress not too far away and he sighed. That little creature must be at it again, getting into places that it was too large to easily get out of.

With a bit of a rumble, he turned his paws towards the sound, carefully stepping across the terrain. He'd yet to come into view of the area when he noticed the presence of another. A... Nantil? That seemed like the correct classification in his thoughts. He huffed softly, not really having any experience with anyone outside of a creature or two he'd come across. Curiosity compelled him to continue further and he settled his gaze down the shallow slope of the hill to watch her set the pesky critter loose. Feir hoped that it would learn one of these days. With a deep inhale, he urged his paws foward, slowly picking his way down the rocky landscape, though didn't seem to be all too concerned with hiding his presence.

[ Word Count: 239 ]

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Her ears perked up at the sound of rocks crumbling under the weight of heavy paws. There was only one other creature of which she knew that carried that much mass. Still sitting, she turned her head to meet the gaze of a large Tah with striking, carmine eyes. She studied him for a moment, noting his serious expression and curling horns like her own. Another fire tribe b'alam, it seemed. Since her awakening, Hitomi had only met b'alam of her own tribe. The territory which they inhabited must have been quite vast, then – and this territory was only for the Fire Tribe. The other tribes must have territories that were equally expansive. The thought made her ears droop slightly. This world was so much larger than she could fathom.

The little creature she had helped had slithered away to safety, so she assuming this Tah was coming for her now. His approach was steady and relaxed – nonthreatening, she deduced. She did not feel the need to be guarded with this new stranger, and she smiled warmly at him from a distance in order to communicate that she welcomed the company. Soon after, she bowed her head in greeting as he continued to advance. "Can I help you, sir?" she asked as she lifted herself to her feet, ambling out towards the Tah to meet him.

► Word Count | 226

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Heavy paws slowed to a stop once the Nan got closer. He cast a glance at her briefly before looking beyond her to lay eyes upon the little critter she had set free. When he didn't see it, he dipped his horns respectfully and returned his full attention to her being. His tail gave a small twitch at the tip as he lifted his head back high. "You set the little one free, I see." he rumbled in a deep raspy tone, his voice clearly lacking the experience of being used.

Claret gaze shifted about the area before he gave a heavy exhale. "It appears you have already helped me, then." he gruffed softly. He settled himself carefully into a sit on his haunches. "It has a habit of placing itself in similar circumstances." he went on to explain. Eyes then returned to her completely. "I am Feir'Turak." he spoke in a somewhat less surly tone. "What may I call you, Nantil?"

[ Word Count: 162 ]

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Her smile broadened, lips parting to release a light, soft laugh sounding much like bells in the breeze. "I'm glad I did. Was it your friend?" She turned her head to look out in the direction the little creature fled. "Do you know what those of its kind are called? I'm pretty new to this world, and all its creatures are new to me, too," she smiled sheepishly. She sat down with him, her head tipping slightly to the right. "What a funny one, he must be. I'm happy it has you to look after him; sounds like it needs someone to get it out of trouble." Another little laugh escaped her. "Feir'Turak," she tested the name. "I am Hitomi. It's a pleasure to meet you."

► Word Count | 126

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm

"No." He started simply. The creature wasn't his friend. Or at least, he'd never thought to consider it as one. "But it does have a tendency to seek attention in such ways." he continued and gestured to the hole she'd fished it out of with one of his paws. "I fear it seeks attention. There's little to no other creature in this area..." he then explained before turning his gaze to the Nan again. "Sadly, I too lack the knowledge of what it is called as I am also fresh to the world."

He stood with a stretch and then started a lazy saunter towards the hole, further inspecting a moment before he'd dig a paw in and make the opening bigger. That little one would have to work to get stuck in that hole again... and if he did, Feir would know... "I hope it learns to escape on it's own soon." he then started with a rumble to his tone. "I do not intend to stay in this area for much longer." His gaze once again returned to the Nan and he settle himself back into a sit. He dipped his horns softly towards her and offered a faint crack of a smile to her. "And a pleasure to meet you, Nan Hitomi."

[ Word Count: 215 ]

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:50 am

She nodded at his response. "That would certainly explain why that little guy was the first soul I've met in these parts." She bit her lip after his next comment. She really was not alone in being new to this chaotic world. She wondered if the Tah had any knowledge about the war in their tribe, not that she was particularly keen about mentioning it since she was, in essence, trying to get away from it for the time being. She wished she had not been born into such a conflict, and a part of her loathed the fact that the same misfortune had befallen others. Hitomi gazed into the Tah's eyes for a lengthy moment. She felt that he deserved to know, though, about the world into which he was woven. After all, he would find out eventually, so perhaps it was best that he learned about it through a neutral b'alam like herself. Weaver forbid he run into a b'alam on either side of the conflict, tell the b'alam his thoughts, and the b'alam does not like his response. Then he would be directly involved in a war which he did not want. He did not strike her as the kind of character to seek trouble, since he was helping others out of trouble. "I see," she finally spoke. "Well, if you ever find out, be sure to tell me, too? I'll do the same for you if I found out first," she stated with a grin.

She followed his steps as he strolled toward the hole where she freed the creature, smiling as he expanded the opening. "That's kind of you to do; it's like you're leaving the little guy with a parting gift." Her eyes found his once again. "Where will you go, Feir?" She pursed her lips immediately after her question. "I'm sorry. I hope you don't mind me calling you Feir. Do you prefer your full name?" Hitomi could not help but feel slightly embarrassed. She had not spent more than ten minutes with the Tah and she had already called him by a nickname. Was that appropriate? She did not know, and it was likely that he would not know either – or, as she hoped, he would not care. She certainly would not have minded, but that did not mean that others were as carefree as she. The last thing she wanted to do was anger the Tah in any way.

► Word Count | 408

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:49 pm

His gaze held hers for a moment and he noticed the soft shift of unease in her posture. Something bothered the Nan. He could tell that something teetered in her thoughts to leave her in a soft shade of unbalance. His ears flicked forward to focus on her and her words that followed. "If we are still within reason to be speaking to each other, then of course." he dipped his head respectfully. He'd be happy to share knowledge with another if he had it to share. Names of things around them - including pesky critters - were especially included.

Eyes shifted back onto the Nan calmly and he simply gave a shrug. "Feir will be fine." he confirmed with a deep rumble. "It seems to roll off the tongue a fair bit easier than the fun name, I think." he nodded then sighed, averting his gaze to scan the area around them. He wasn't looking for anything in particular. He was simply observing the world around them. "As for where I might go..." he started, seeming to muse a little to himself as he spoke. "I am, for once, uncertain... I feel as though there is an unheard voice calling me elsewhere, but my paws have yet to find the unseen trail to lead me there." He scrunched his nose slightly, figuring he must sound a bit odd, but for the time it was all truth.

[ Word Count: 235 ]

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:02 am
User Image

"I certainly hope so," she stated with a soft, sincere smile. "I don't know about you, but I haven't met many B'alam at all." Hitomi briefly paused. The two, kind strangers that she had met before had the courtesy to inform the newly woken Nan about the perils plaguing the lands and their tribe. She should pay it forward and tell this Tah, so that he did not walk blindly into danger. "And, I should tell you, I've heard that this land isn't filled with the nicest B'alam," she began, casting her gaze out towards the land. "I met two Tah not too long before I met you. They warned me that I woke in the middle of a war. Our tribe is divided - one side being Dragon and the other being Phoenix - and both have strong feelings on the matter. There is a lot of fighting, and B'alam are dying.

"I was on my way to an encampment where the Phoenix members stay. It's on the outskirts of the land, but I was told that it's safer there than in the capital city. I was hoping to go and figure out more about the ways of the world - and, hopefully, find my place in it."
    A light laugh escaped her, tail swishing in thought. "I know that it's incredibly naïve of me to trust the word of the first two strangers that I've ever met, but I don't really have other options. I don't know much about this world, and I would rather go to a place that I'm told is safe rather than walk right into the jaws of danger. That being said, a part of me is still hesitant, because I could be headed straight for danger anyway."

She bit her lip, gaze returning to Fier. "If you have no where to go, would you like to come with me?" She smiled at him before her gaze fell to her paws. "I've been comforted by this conversation, as I know now that I'm not alone in being new to this world. If you wanted, maybe we can navigate it together."

► Word Count | 356

[ RP Zone ] The Ring of Fire

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff