Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:14 pm
▀▄▀▄▀▄The NHC Stetson▄▀▄▀▄▀

As the dust was settling from the whirlwind that was the Superstar Authority, Fellah found himself swept up in a tumult of life changes, both good and bittersweet. Tonight, however, was a night for celebrating all the great things to come from his big break, and to thank all the trolls who helped it happen.
The spruced up country troll, now turned face of New Hemisect City was beaming as he arrived to his new venue, The NHC Stetson. Named so for that signature styled hat that Fellah seemed so attached to. The building itself had a rustic, humble appearance on the outside, with the name "The NHC Stetson" lit up in the freshly minted stars blood hue. The redblood arrived onto the scene with Chiara, a manager and sponsor of his from the competition. While the blueblood was most likely happy to shmooze with and work up the paparazzi, making those sweet connections, Fellah simply flashed some broad smiles and waves as he made his way into the Stetson to kick off the party.
The interior was chic, shiny and new, but with similar rustic touches to keep on brand with Fellah. A massive stage, outfitted with nice wood accents and state of the art light fixtures. There was a sprawling bar in the back, serving any variety of (legal) drinks, a huge open concept dance floor, a shimmering chandelier high up on the ceiling, and merch booths set up for each other performing guests lining the wings of the venue. The singer tipped his hat to the tech trolls who gave him the thumbs up that all was good and ready, same reaction from the drones who were there to keep the peace and bounce anyone that got TOO rowdy. This was a debut, and all the country troll had in his thinkspace was a hope that it would go smoothly.

The doors finally opened to the public, trolls started pouring in and Fellah took to the stage, waiting for the crowd to fill up before announcing the beginning of the performances. They had so many! Sight spheres a twinkle, Fellah took the microphone in hand and with a static click, all heads turned to him.
"Good evenin' New Hemisect City!" he called out, pearly whites shining bright in the spotlight. His pumpbiscuit was thumping like a carrotbeast, but he had gotten good at not letting a lick of those nerves show. "As I hope yer all aware, this night is fer all'a you. All ya amazin' trolls who helped give this farm troll a chance ta share my voice with Alternia. I can't even tell ya how much it means ta me, New Hemisect, ya'll really do make up a city'a dreams!" He played to the crowd, getting them into the right mood. "Tonight we got a real swell line-up of great performers fer ya! Plenty'a faces yer likely ta recognize from the Superstar Authority that got me here. We even managed ta get Civisect's very own SHEshells ta come out here tanight and give us a performance! I sure as heck can't wait ta see them ladies up on stage again. Now before I kick things off, I'd just like ta give some final thanks," he said with a chuckle, knowing the gratuitous appreciation would grow old if he played it out too much. "While I ain't shillin' fer Superstar at the moment, er at least I don't think I am," he said with a humble shrug. "I do wanna thank those sponsors'a mine again. Miss Lorata Gorgos who I've known fer quite some time now, such a sweetheart an' she always believed in me, even when she was knee high and cute as a button. Miss Eridia Tsifer, a classy troll who was right there with me durin' that tragedy at the Civisect space tower." He bowed his head for a moment to pay respect. "And o'course the business, Tincan Mechanics, located right here in NHC. Miss Cerise and her delicious bakery, lil miss Dairah and her Cart Wheelin' Deals, Mister Nucleo from The Nightly Grind from all the way out in Busthind, but chose, in my opinion, the best city in Alternia ta represent fer the competition. And lastly I'd like ta thank Miss Chiara Moteku who helped me manage this event, sponsored me, helped get me situated when I moved into New Hemisect proper, and just been helpin' my career durin' many steps of the way. Let's give 'em all a hand." Fellah clapped his hands for those aforementioned trolls, his gratitude was incredibly sincere. They'd all gone out on a limb for a redblood, and he needed to make sure they knew he appreciated it.
"Now just ta get things started, I'd like ta sing a song fer ya. It was made famous by the very talented troll Dollee Parton, and I've been listenin' ta this song more and more as I shift my roots from the plains ta the big city."
The lights changed, and Fellah stopped pacing around, taking center stage, the tune for Coat of Many Colors started playing.
"Back through the years
I go wonderin' once again
Back to the seasons of my youth
I recall a box of rags that someone gave us
And how my lusus put the rags to use
There were rags of many colors
Every piece was small
And I didn't have a coat
And it was way down in the fall
My lusus sewed the rags together
Sewin' every piece with love
She made my coat of many colors
That I was so proud of
As she sewed, she told a story
From the bible, she had read
About a coat of many colors
Joseph wore and then she said
Perhaps this coat will bring you
Good luck and happiness
And I just couldn't wait to wear it
And lusus blessed it with a kiss

My coat of many colors
That my lusus made for me
Made only from rags
But I wore it so proudly
Although we had no beetles
I was rich as I could be
In my coat of many colors
My lusus made for me

So with patches on my britches
Holes in both my shoes
I hurried off to school
Just to find the others laughing
And making fun of me
My lusus made for me

And oh I couldn't understand it
For I felt I was rich
And I told them of the love
My lusus sewed in every stitch
And I told 'em all the story
My lusus told me while she sewed
And how my coat of many colors
Was worth more than all their clothes

But they didn't understand it
And I tried to make them see
That one is only poor
Only if they choose to be
Now I know we had no beetles
But I was rich as I could be
My lusus made for me
Made just for me"

Fellah sang the twangy, upbeat tune smiling out into the crowd, maybe not a song with the highest energy, but a nice soft start up. After all, he had promised a new single to be performed later on, and there were heaps of great acts on their way.
Once the redblood wrapped up the song he spoke up one last time. "Thank you, thank ya'll very much! Now, startin' up our lineup in just a bit, Mister Cerpin Sugall will be takin' the stage. So be prepared for some flair!" And with that, Fellah made his way off stage and down into the sea of trolls. It was time to mingle, he was sure to try his best to make himself approachable.

Quote:
User Image

Being given away for free to any troll who attends is Fellah's first album. Primarily a cover album,
it features his first single and big performance from the Superstar Authority "Just Gimme Blue"

[track list to come when I slog through enough country that isn't about trucks.]

OOC: Performers!! When the dates for your designated show slot come up, the stage is yours!
Feel free to make whatever entrance you'd like, play to the crowd, have fun, and thanks again for signing up for this ambitious ORP!
For ease of access, here is the timetable for the performance lineup!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:13 pm
Cerpin was a little buzzed. He stretched and flexed his back muscles backstage as he listened to Fellah's song. The purpleblood would give the country star credit, he was talented at what he did. But damn, this place needed some fire or heat to liven up the crowd! It was a much different type of audience than what the rockstar entertained back home in Chittentown. He would do his best to introduce them to his favorite kind of music.

As soon as Fellah stopped talking, a guitar flared to life.

"What's the time?
Well it's gotta be close to midnight
My body's talking to me
It says, 'Time for danger~'"

Cerping emerged from the side of the stage, dressed in his typical skin tight leather and studded accessories. He'd ditched the jacket tonight, his black tank top exposing a lot of skin as he rocked out on his guitar. His movements were aggressive, sensual and dramatic as he strutted around the stage singing. A couple of trolls in the audience caught his attention and he squatted crudely at the edge of the stage to sing directly to some of them. His act was vulgar, dirty and full of spice.

"I've had a knack from way back
At breaking the rules once I learn the game-
Get up, life's too quick, I know someplace sick
Where this p***k'll dance in the flames!"

He straightened back up to sway to the chorus, his voice echoing like a howl as he let loose. Cerpin was going fill the venue with as much ******** noise as he could to get everyone on their feet dancing, making out or at least blushing. Any of those three reactions were fine by him. His hips grinded in the air, making a spectacle of himself that he was sure to get a scolding for later from Tevini. She just didn't understand his artistic message. Or maybe she did a little too well.

"Let's go out tonight-
I have to go out tonight!"

After the chorus, Cerpin slid down the edge of the stage and began to sing and dance in the middle of the crowd, leaning against members of the audience and laughing at the reactions he got. There was little he enjoyed more than making connections with complete strangers and music was one of the easiest ways to do so. Grabbing the hand of a girl, he gave her a spin before letting go and making a running leap back on stage.

"So let's find a bar
So dark we forget who we are-
And all the scars from the
Nevers and maybes die!"

He kicked the air, his moves getting more and more out of control as the instruments blared louder and louder. Lights flashed in sync with the beats from the drums and Cerpin started to exaggerate the growl in his voice more and more.

"Please take me out tonight
Don't forsake me - out tonight
I'll let you make me - out tonight
Tonight - tonight - tonight!"

It was an explosive ending, full of dramatic drops and strutting as he shredded on his guitar, dancing between coy and predatory with his audience. With the last note, Cerpin strummed a power chord before tossing his guitar pick out to the crowd for someone to keep as a memento.

"Party on, Hemisect and don't hesitate to call-" Cerpin grinned, mimicking the motion of a phone to his ear before he was ushered off stage again for the next act to set up. He grabbed another cup of something to wet his throat and set to work packing up his instrument and gear. He'd mingle after he was done cleaning up.

OOC
Anyone that wants the guitar pick can have it, first come first serve!

Yamashii

Taki-di

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:10 pm
The venue lights dimmed down low, the shadows of the corners stretching and special installed black lights flicked on. The high key energy brought by Cerpin’s performance left the crowd in a perfect mood for the mysterious air and anticipation brought by the shift as an electronic and violin corded track began to shake through the sound system. As strobes lit up with the bass strikes, fans that remember a certain blueblood’s final act whooped in delight. Murmurs spread quickly through the crowd as the stage remained dark and instead attention was drawn to what seemed to be black light spotlights being shone on a few trolls that were making their way through the crowds.

One wore a hooded fur cloak, their face mysteriously hidden, cradling a vicious looking skull in their hands and vertebrae bracelets hanging from their wrists. Another wore a white pelt around their neck, big and long enough to hanging around their waist in the front, a bone necklace on display, centered with a feline type skull, their arms strung with stark white claws and teeth. The third walking display had a haist hanging strung together of different small skulls and a choker that seemed to be made of a spinal cord, ribs, and the skull of whatever small creature donated the rest of the piece. They wore a fur duster that swayed with their careful steps. Each was done up regally, clad in black so the white of the fur and bone would stand out more starkly and traced with colors that lit up under the lighting.

The lights followed them as they moved amongst the audience towards the stage, their movements timed with the music, stopping make a spectacle of themselves every so often, with sweeping and fluid motions reminiscent of αWulf’s personal performance. Trolls were pushing and shifting to get a view, awed or befuddled by the adornments. Distracted as the crowd was, most of the hall jumped whan with one of the bass beats at the height of the crescendoing electronic tones a roaring sort of howl rocked from the back of the room.

Luposaurous came barreling through the venue, leaping and weaving around the holling audience who were either struggling to get closer to try and touch the beast or clearing a path as quickly as possible. Atop the lusus’s back was Tsarzi, decked in black pants and tanktop, her signature aviators in place, her hair frosted with white and decked with the same sorts of bone jewelery that the troll models wore. A white fur wrapped her waist and over her shoulder, loose back billowing dramatically. She stayed firmly in one place on Lupos’s back, shifted and bending her knees to keep steady.

In time and on beat with the rumbles of the music, Lupos growled and with the bass strikes he howled. As the score was coming to the end, the models and αWulf had made it to the stage, mounting the platform as the short song closed. As the echoes of the riff still shook the air, the three model were posed like models for alluring classical paintings draped in tapestries. Except instead of tapestries, it was bones and furs. Just behind them, imposing and impressive, Lupos was sat back on his haunches and αWulf was balanced carefully on his head, the spotlights centered on her and her small entourage.

“Life’s a competition. You can dress to impress, but we dress to win,” Tsarzi intoned with the same calm surety she’s held throughout Superstar Authority. “If you’re looking to improve chances, αWulf has your back.”

The shill was a bit less of a shameless plug as it had been in her previous performances, verbage wise, though it was obvious the entire thing was basically a performance commercial for Tsarzi’s collection of fur and bones. This one was a prod, a lure, something to tempt them to be a part of the spectacle they’d just seen. The prospect of bones finally being available, especially ones crafted for wearability caught some eyes. The models took their leave backstage, and Lupos, after another final howl, retired too.

Behind the curtains, Tsarzi thanked the NHC Stetson crew that had volunteered to work with her and generously offered to let them keep on bone decoration apiece. It was odd, finalyl interacting up close with trolls that were actually affected by Superstar, who had eager consumed the production and eyed Tsarzi with a spark of adoration. It had been helpful in this case though, having a few fans who worked for the venue that were glad to help her with her presentation. Her job for now done, Tsarzi and Lupos moved into a better position to observe the rest of the performance and take note of the reactions of the crowd.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:15 pm
After the sheer energy of the last performance, Dairah felt a bit awkward going up on stage for the sake of marketing. She wasn't going to do anything glitzy; she was literally going to be That One Obnoxious Commercial Break that would leave everyone groaning. This worried her greatly. She did not trust herself to keep her cool if people started throwing rotten produce at her. Oh, she wouldn't yell at the audience, but it would get messy. Well, there probably wasn't much point to worrying about it until it actually happened. She would do the same thing she always did: put on her best charming salesgirl voice and douse the potential customers in the crowd with the best lures she could think of.

With some struggling, she lugged her signature cart onto the stage; Moomoo followed, shooting the Moobeast lusus equivalent of a dirty look to various people in the crowd. While the lights were down, Dairah gave her lusus a nudge to be nice and ended up getting nudged in turn, leaving her a bit off balance when the lights came up. Her stumble could probably be seen, or at least heard, by everyone in the room. Still, she managed to right herself, spreading the biggest smile she could. "Hi, everybody!" She waved at the crowd; Moomoo snorted her greeting. "I'm your scheduled commercial break. Now's not the time to take a nap, though! Cart Wheeling Deals will be holding special sales in special places over the course of next month. I'll be selling the best produce money can buy, and I'll include some good recipes to use it in, too! Pay attention, because I've only got so much time left!"

Dairah began pulling signs out of her cart, each one bearing the time, date, and location of a different sale. "If you want to know more about these sales, feel free to talk to me after the performances and I'll give you a business card." She figured that those had been her wisest investment over the course of Superstar Authority; the cards listed her common locations, and she was working on standardizing a routine so that customers could find her more easily. Moomoo would periodically express bovine confusion when the routine meant going to a different place than usual, but aside from that, it seemed to be going smoothly.

"So, once again, remember: the first sale is in the fields outside New Hemisect, near the really big tree! If you forgot the rest already, come talk to me later."
Dairah gave a cutesy curtsy, then began lugging her cart and props off stage once the lights went down. Moomoo exited stage right without much problem, which was better than Dairah expected; hopefully her broadcast had reached a few interested ears tonight. It would be nice to get new business from being one of Fellah's sponsors. She had a brief fantasy of actually being well-off for an Orangeblood, but she realized she was getting ahead of herself.  

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:13 pm
Wallas sucked in a breath, his hands clutching the controls for his robots. They were still in working order after Superstar Authority, so he kept them for future performances. Perhaps, once he got some more experience, he wouldn't need help to change their performance patterns, and could actually make them do practical things around his workshop. Of course, that was a future consideration; right now, he wanted to get through his upcoming performance.

The lights came up, and a strange song began to play. Wallas marched onstage in time with his robots, all of who were doing a variety of things: some held balloons, others threw confetti on the stage, and others still hopped up and down. Every once in a while, cute synthesized voices would shout, "Let's be happy!" or "Let's have fun!" Eventually, Wallas made it to the main controls set up in the center of the stage, which included a microphone. The robots paused and looked towards the audience as Wallas queued up the next part of his act.

A peculiar a capella track began to play, and Wallas sang the main melody, his robots waggling and shifting in time to the music. When the song reached a lull, they slowed until the song kicked back up with a vengeance. Wallas began bouncing in time to the song, hopping and spinning while the robots did their thing. He started to get really into it and jumped out from behind his controls, leaning into the audience and doing passes around the front of the stage for any extended hands. When the song capped off, he struck a pose, and after a brief pause, he got back behind the controls and the original music began playing again.

"Hey, everybody," Wallas said, waving to the audience. His robots mellowed out and began to roam the stage freely. "It's great to be able to put on another performance before the hype totally dies down. I'd like to thank Fellah over there for holding this party and allowing me another chance to show my stuff. I think he's a great guy, and he deserved his title win. Congratulations." He nodded towards where he thought Fellah was, then extended his hand towards the audience. "I'd also like to thank my own fans, if any of you are out there. Thanks to you, I was able to be on stage as a runner up. Superstar Authority was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I won't be forgetting or regretting it any time soon. Thank you all. If you're in Chittentown at all, look for my stand on weekends. I'll be selling little figurines sometimes." Wallas took a deep bow, then escorted his robot entourage offstage.

All things considered, he thought that went pretty well. The question was, how comfortable was he with fading into obscurity? He was rather torn on the issue. A quiet life suited him just fine, but that feeling of confidence and having an impact was addicting. He wouldn't turn down future performance invitations, that was for sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Chiara took in the fame that having Fellah gave her and gorged on it. She didnt like being in the spotlight like Fellah, or Zindel, or any of the people preforming, she just enjoyed having all the strings, dangling there, waiting for her to pull them. She waved and smiled, and any chance she got she kept Fellah on her arm, like candy so to speak. Sadly, when it was time for everyone to preform she had to give him up and instead replaced him with expensive drinks. Chiara took a seat down in front, where she had roped off a few seats with "reserved" and smirked at any troll who looked her way. She was special, and she intended to rub it in the face of anyone who bothered to look her way.

The blueblood relaxed, calling over for another drink, and settled down to watch the show. She kept an eye out for anyone she knew and wanted to brag about her power to, thats what the empty seats around her were for, she might as well use them.

Quote:
Any spectators! Quote me if you want to wave at Chiara and sit with her through the performance!

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Yamashii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:08 pm
There was a slight delay before the next act as some tech guys scrambled around the stage to prepare it for something spectacular. A giant clam shell came forward from backstage that was clearly an entrance for the next performers. Fake palm trees and beach balls were placed around the edges of the stage to give it a youthful summertime look. Finally, two spotlights focused in on the shell, one yellow and one teal. Music began to play. The shell began to open and a flood of bubbles floated out of it as two trendy looking girls dolled up in matching beachwear struck their poses. Discorp and Flygirl from SHEshell had arrived!

"Come on, come on, come on!" Scorpa immediately started jumping and waving her hands upwards to pump up the crowd! She stepped out of the shell, swaying her hips to the beat. There were so many eyes looking at her right now and it made her feel alive! Scorpa thrived on attention and she was learning how to command more and more of it the older she got.

"Let's go!" Flydra answered her partner, going through this little lead in a few times as the two of them strutted towards the front of the stage. The crowd looked good and the tealblood noted a particular blueblood in the audience. They gave her a wave, though it would likely be returned by more than the intended recipient. Finally in place, the two of them began the actual song.

Vacation, need a little sun
To break up all the frustration and turn it into love
Ain't nobody gonna tell us what we gonna do
Because today it's up to you

Scorpa pointed out at the audience and swept her finger across them to point at each and every troll as she sang, a wicked glint in her eyes. Her body had a natural rhythm in it that displayed itself as a bounce in her steps and her movements. Her hand reached back to flip her hair in a flamboyant move, her ponytail large enough that the motion was highly exaggerated.

Temptation comin' up to me
A little relaxation and I'll be great to be
Come on and weeky weeky loo at the
It's gonna start now

Flydra swayed her shoulders from side to side as the two girls strutted around the stage, kicking and throwing beach balls out into the audience. They looked familiar and would be recognizable to anyone who had visited their booth at Bloodfest this sweep. More of colorful plastic watermelon beach balls were tossed in from the side of the stage and Flydra giggled before tossing one back and forth with Scorpa as they traded singing lines.

Kick it back, kick it back
Kick it back to the track

Kick it back, kick it back
Kick it back to the max

It was clear which girl was the more impressive dancer. The yellowblood busted out some impressive break-dancing moves to show off her rhythmic abilities as well as her overall coordination and strength. Body rolls and aggressive pop and locks. She was going all out! Flydra did a lazy shimmy in the background, pigtails fluttering to the beat.

Vacation's where I wanna be
Party on the beach where the fun is free
We don't need a holiday, it's time to celebrate
'Cause I need a break, I need a vacation

Gold and teal lights began to swirl around the stage as the two broke into the chorus. A couple of backup dancers raced out from the sides and began to do a set of choreographed moves with the two girls. They danced about in the center of the stage, occasionally stopping to blow kisses and wave at the audience in a playful manner.

Let's go, let's go
Let's go, let's go

I wanna be where the fun is free
So come with me

At this point, the lights went out on the stage and the black lights came on. All that was visible were neon glow-in-the dark painted accessories on the girls like their jewelry and sunglasses. Their lips had been painted with the same kind of paint and they flounced around, making their movements bigger to be seen in the trance-like portion of the song.

Repeat after me, "I need a vacation"

The lights snapped back on and the girls were wearing sparkly gold versions of their earlier outfits, complete with crazy jeweled heels. Their microphones had changed from the standard tech to looking like ice cream cones that they were singing into. Flydra hugged Scorpa's waist and the two jammed together on stage, a little out of breath from all the dancing and excitement. It was so fun to do this, even more so to do it together.

(I need a)
Vacation

(Come on and)
Vacation

(I need a)
Vacation

(Come on)
Vacation
Let's go

Confetti began to fall down over the crowd, little rainbow flakes that smelled like perfume. This was SHEshell's big finale and they were clapping at the audience and trying to get them to sing along! Scorpa slid off the stage and took a running start to do a set of three cartwheels down the walkway to show off! She landed with a huge smirk on her face as she strutted back to the stage, encouraging people to get on their feet and follow her with the crook of a finger.

Scorpa climbed back on stage and wrapped an arm around Flydra's shoulders. The two struck a final pose with their backs to the audience but looking over their shoulders with a wave to the audience as they strolled off stage, leaving the mess for the behind the scenes crew to clean up.

Quote:
Sorry this is so late!! But better late than never, right? eek

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces