Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[YMTA] Try to Sit Still (Polair and Psykgi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

YMTA Discipline training

Its not going to be easy, but then again, what is?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:30 pm
ImaginationsParadise
IDK how you want this to go but i opened it. I'm sorry it took so long!

So apparently Psykgi had discipline issues.

This was news to Psykgi - she didn't see any problems with her behavior. At least, nothing that wasn't either a part of her personality, a good trait in disguise, or something she couldn't just grow out of anyway over time. She wasn't perfect - Gosh, who the heck was - and she was pretty fine with who she was.

Still, it was hard to miss the hints dropped at work that she really should go and take one of those new discipline courses at the YMTA, so clearly someone thought she had a problem. Psykgi usually brushed this off, and went about her business. If no one forced her to go, she wasn't going to go... to the discipline class, not the YMTA. She fully intended to take one of their classes when she had time.

Unfortunately, her lusus thought she had a problem. A discipline problem. And, to Ma'am, discipline classes were a fantastic idea. She swarmed Psykgi, at every available moment, to nag her about doing it. In her ear, in her hair, in her shampoo, in her soup - her lusus would not leave her be.

So here she was, heading towards the discipline class, because she could not oppose her Ma for long when she got like this. She stood outside the door, sighed, and put on her biggest smile - just to make a good impression - and in she went, ready to give them a big greeting.

It died in her throat as she walked into the quiet room, the teacher throwing her a quick, reflexive shushing sign. She looked around, puzzled - she wasn't that late, was she? What was going on here?  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:38 pm
Polair thought the idea of taking a disciplinary class was truly mundane-- A waste of her time if she could say so herself. She didn't need it, couldn't her lusus understand that? This was the second time Claud had signed her up to something she clearly wasn't interested in. Her mind was perfect organ, it was bright, and developed normally by society standards. What more could he ask of her? She could attempt to solve quantum related equations, and other problems. So why make her go though this?

Whatever. The sooner she'd get over with it.

The highblood was guided inside, even if she didn't ask for the help. They probably took notice of her cane, how embarrassing! Polair knew she could have done it herself even if it would have taken a while. Even as grumpy as she was feeling, she was still going to give a polite hello. Which was immediately shushed, the class needed to be silent. What a strange class this is... She thought as she walked around, trying to find somewhere to sit. Apparently there were no desks... This was indeed strange.

The instructor had noticed the trolls that recently walked in. Not particularly enthusiastic but calm, they gathered whoever walked through the door and failed to comply with getting to class early. "Welcome." The whispered. "This is a Disciplinary Class that hopes for our alumni to become obedient, balanced, more productive and more focused in their daily basis. I hope you are able to keep quiet, as everyone here meditates and enters in a calm state of mind."

This couldn't be entirely true, could it? Sure Polair could hear stable breathing patterns. But they could also be sleeping. Either way, she didn't really need meditation. It was not logical. The instructor continued speaking about the activity and the instruction in a calm tone. "Meditation has helped me to form all my other habits, it’s helped me to become more peaceful, more focused, less worried about discomfort, more appreciative and attentive to everything in my life. I’m far from perfect, but it has helped me come a long way."

"Probably most importantly, it has helped me understand my own mind. Before I started meditating, I never thought about what was going on inside my head — it would just happen, and I would follow its commands like an automaton. These days, all of that still happens, but more and more, I am aware of what’s going on. I can make a choice about whether to follow the commands. I understand myself better, and that has given me increased flexibility and freedom. So… I highly recommend this habit. And while I’m not saying it’s easy, you can start small and get better and better as you practice. Don’t expect to be good at first— that’s why it’s called “practice”. If you'd like to partner up, you are allowed to. Also feel free to sit anywhere in the classroom. However, I don't want to hear a peep. Understood?"

Polair opened her mouth to speak, but stopped halfway. Instead of agreeing verbally, the highblood nodded. Partnering up would be nice... Difficult, sure, just like finding an empty spot.Heck, meditating sounded so easy compared to that! But who would like to sit down and "meditate" with her?

DraconicFeline
thank you for your patience!!! hoping this will bring them to sit close to each other! : D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:32 pm
ImaginationsParadise

She wasn't late, then, and apparently it took a blind highblood walking in to get some measure of explanation beyond this is a thing, shut up and do it. Apparently, it was meditation, to quiet the voices of impulse and become more balanced Alternian citizens.

Goodness, I'm surprised that a 'down with the clown' didn't somehow get in there. Psykgi thought, a little cynically. The mind was mysterious and, yes, meditation was sometimes used in the Rehab facility. She was a little suspicious about it, though. It was time used for sitting on ones sitting-sacks instead of doing something active to improve oneself. It seemed too soft even for her, especially when more active methods seemed to do just fine! Plus, she had trouble sitting still with her eyes closed. And what did this have to do with discipline?

But she was here, after all. Ma had wanted her to come here and get disciplined, and her job had wanted her to do the same, and Psykgi had to at least try and keep them happy.

Ma probably has no idea what meditation is. Can a cockroach even meditate? she thought idly, keeping her mouth shut and smile on as she surveyed the room. A partner might definitely help, at least with the boredom. So far, though, everyone was either partnered up, or their body language stated that they didn't want a partner, one way or the other.

That left the highblood. Actually, that symbol - it was somewhat familiar. Psykgi's mood darkened and then lightened just as quickly, like a cloud passing over the moons - the Space tower. She wasn't Gnash, so she must have been one of the other seadwellers there. She hadn't gotten a name then... well, why not? It was better than sitting alone, with only her own thoughts for company. No time like the present.

She approached Polair, debating whether to touch her arm or... not do that incredibly risky thing. "Hello" she whispered, glancing at the instructor, "Want to partner up? Theres an open spot over there."  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:32 pm
Polair got a bit startled as she heard a whisper. Initially she thought it was the same troll who had spoken to her earlier, yet this was a complete stranger. Different tones of voice and verbal patterns, even word choice.

"Greetings." She whispered back. Honestly tackling this lesson with someone was better than doing it on her own. And while she enjoyed solitude, Polair was afraid to be left alone, trapped in her own mind. She knew how frightening it was.

"I'd like that... I honestly don't know what exactly we must do, besides meditating anyway. Could you please lead the way?" She couldn't get there on her own, she knew it and she couldn't really use her braces at the moment.

"I'm polair... What's your name?"

DraconicFeline
thank you for your patience!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:13 pm
"I'm new to meditating, but I can do my best!" Psykgi said optimistically. Oh, wait, did she mean... Psykgi stared at the blatant red of the eyes behind the seadweller's bangs. Oh s**t. "There's a free spot over here." she said, somewhat tentatively touching the seadweller to physically guide her to an open area with cushions, "I'm Psykgi -- nice to meet you Polair." Psy wasn't sure what to do in this situation -- not being able to see was... a tricky thing for a troll.

"I... I'm a redblood, just so you know, in case you wanted to wait for another partner." Not that she wasn't happy with her place in the world, of course, or unconfident in her ability to figure out how to 'become disciplined' but... well, color did matter, and if the seadweller preferred to work with someone else...

Well, gosh, they needed to be given that opportunity, didn't they?

"Anyway, I think we should start by sitting comfortably on these cushions and..." ... and closing their eyes, but Psykgi guessed that the other troll had that covered. "And try to relax."

[817/1000]

ImaginationsParadise

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash