Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] I Wanna Know (Athera + Tevini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
tell me more about the strangers like me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:59 pm
Another night out here alone in the swamp. Tevini sighed as she crouched in a tree, attempting to attach a security camera to one of the branches. She'd tried motion sensors out here earlier but the wildlife kept setting them off and giving her false alarms. The redblood knew it was better to be safe than sorry but had grown tired of the constant alerts and being unable to check them in real time. That was why she was out here in this tree again.

'It'll be worth it once you get it working.' Tevini reminded herself. This spot was just one prototype. If she could get it working into a manageable system, they could set up more around the village perimeter. She hated how vulnerable it felt, the Initiative had to start protecting itself. This time they wouldn't be caught off guard.

"Ah! Ngh..." The engineer winced as she scraped her arm against one of the nearby branches while trying to shift positions. A small bead of blood formed, nothing terrible but definitely annoying. Now she had to find a band aid or something to protect it from all of the swamp germs. Checking her apron, she discovered she was out.

"Well that's just great." She grumbled to herself.

saedusk
so sorry for the wait!

Doutei

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:10 pm
All Tevini need do for a bandaid was leave the tree, really. It came with the whole mutant territory—Byakko never let them leave hive without a pocketful of something to cover up the bloody scrapes and bruises children were ever-prone to. Athera, of course, preferred the ones with pictures on them. They were rare, but sometimes she'd find them squirreled away among the rest of the regular ol' provisions when someone brought a new shipment to the swamp.

The ones she had this time were an extra special variety of colors covered in cute little white birds. Since Muerte liked birds so much, she'd even given one to him before hoarding the rest away for herself, her own secret treasures.

Watching from the behind a nearby tree, her eyes wide and owlish (but when weren't they), Athera finally spoke up. "Whatcha doin'?" she asked. Only her head and hands were visible around the trunk of her 'hiding spot.'

Doutei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:34 pm
"Ahh!" Tevini jumped at the sound of another voice. Her eyes darted around to search for the other troll in panic before catching sight of a pair of owlish eyes. The redblood flushed as she recognized the face- just barely. She'd seen this troll at the rebel village once or twice before, though she'd never actually talked to her. The good thing was that meant she wasn't an enemy. The bad thing was she really should start memorizing their roster by now. Well here was a chance to start.

"You scared me. I'm installing a security camera to this tree." Tevini explained, gesturing to the device she'd been fiddling with. A colored cord that matched the color of the tree waited wrapped around Tevini's arm for when she was done and needed to run it to attach to a power source. The motion sensors had already been set up, she just needed to run this extension cord to plug in with them and it would be done.

"There's some motion sensors down there and with this camera I'll be able to check what set them off in real time." The redblood pointed, fumbling to arrange the camera so it would be hard to be seen but still have a good angle of the area. It was a difficult task for her to achieve by herself, having to climb down to confirm it was well hidden and climb back up to make adjustments when it wasn't.

"I'm trying to better secure the village. If these work, we'll be able to get advance notice if anyone comes out here and react quickly." Tevini finished explaining, knowing it wasn't exactly exciting but it was still important.

"Now your turn. What're you doing out here? Shouldn't you be back at the village?" She asked in what she hoped was a non-accusatory voice. Tevini didn't really know what the swamp villagers did while she was gone but figured that the younger trolls were supposed to stay safe and out of trouble.

saedusk
i'm sorry this took so long orz

Doutei

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:57 am
The explanation didn't fall on deaf ears with Athera. She applauded Tevini's work and did so quite literally (though it was only a quick few claps) as she stepped out from behind the tree. In fact, she could appreciate even the tedium of the constant ups-and-downs to check camera placement or the effort that would go into monitoring the cameras each and every time something set off the motion sensors.

Maybe Athera was a weird kid, but she loved this sort of thing. Anyone who supported the Initiative was a good egg in her book, especially when they didn't half-a** it.

"Wow wow, that's really cool," she said, puffing up in place, "You're cool, good work!" Praise from a child probably wasn't the most exciting thing for a teenager, but Athera didn't seem to care. "Can I come look at them sometime maybe? I wanna see what they do and stuff. Is that okay?" The only comment that stopped her stream of excitement was the whole back at the village thing.

"Huh, I guess so..." she muttered, "My lusus doesn't like it when I go that far, but I like to get flowers and stuff and I've already got the ones that grow right by the village."

Doutei
no problem!!

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces