Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:44 pm
check-up

"It will effect everyone, whether it's now or later." She offered Eve a small wave. "He's with the fetches now - they won't exactly let me in for the time being. Probably because I've already used a lot of magic today." Temperance sighed. "We have the casting tomorrow, so I'm hoping I can check in after that. Will you let me know how well he does once he returns home?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:50 pm
check-up

Leila turned wide-eyed, anxious and rigid. Eve stared into her empty cup for a long moment that felt to the couple like hours, until the silence was broken.

"I don't think we can do that," Eve replied quietly, her voice wavering a little. "We're not his real parents."

Trying to check up on him later could just make things worse. Neither of them felt they had the right.

magical jitters

There was a lot she could have said here, on another day. But Eve was so, so tired, and carrying her own guilt over her actions, so for a second or two she just gave him a sympathetic look.

"If reviewing the technique would help... I can let her know you're here," she decided.

the semblance of unity

grey dragon

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:07 pm
check-up

She flicked her fingers out and laid them against her thigh, not meaning to be dismissive. "And I'm not the daughter of my parents, here. Does that mean I love them less? No. And they don't love me less." Obviously, she didn't know everything regarding Ezra, but hadn't they played house for some time? She assumed they were talking about the world switch.

"You were so, so..." She didn't have the word for it. Domestic? "So why does that have to change? Even then, have you... heard anything from him?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:19 pm
magical jitters

Kaleb shook his head quickly. "No, I... It's probably best that I don't bother her, if she's focusing on tomorrow... I'm sorry, for disturbing you too, this late after dinner and all..."

It sounded like he was far too lost to know what to do with himself, but even on a bad day, far too polite to tolerate turning himself into a nuisance.  

Grey Dragon

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:45 pm
check-up

"We've only ever interacted with the monster who stole his body," Eve answered bitterly.

"It's different," Leila said, shaking her head. "Complicated. I know you mean well, but..."

the semblance of unity

magical jitters

"Will you be able to sleep like this? If not, you have my word it won't be bothering her."

grey dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm
magical jitters

Kaleb chewed on his lower lip, and then gestured with the mug in his hands. "This is supposed to help, but I'm not sure... I think it's just tea. I tried to lie down earlier and I just couldn't stop thinking over everything."

cibarium

Grey Dragon

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:29 pm
check-up

"So you're giving up without even trying?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:43 pm
check-up

"It's just too soon." Leila shook her head morosely, apologetically. "Can we drop this for now? Please?"

the semblance of unity

magical jitters

"Alright, then. Please come in, we'll see what we can do."

grey dragon
ftb from here?

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:07 pm
check-up

"Doesn't that mean it's too soon to write this off?" She held up one hand. "Fine, you're right, I'll drop it." Temperance definitely looked like she wanted to say more, but held her words.

"I'll leave." And she did just that.

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:11 pm
magical jitters

Though he hadn't meant to intrude, Kaleb belatedly realized a convincing lie might have better accomplished that goal. There was no helping it now though. He was committed to the action the moment he was politely asked, maybe it would even help settle his frayed nerves.

cibarium
Yep!

Grey Dragon

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out