azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:50 pm
Nasir poked his head into their room, fingers curled against the doorframe. "Hey," he called out, smiling a little. "Would you come downstairs?"

If there was ever a moment to think that Nasir was up to something, this was it. He had so many tells but then again it was Nasir. What could he really be up to?

Daekie
|: |:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:50 am
"Huh?" As always, Alexis was half-contorted into some uncertain position, legs trapped underneath them, and aside from turning their head to acknowledge him it took a few seconds for them to actually start untangling. (One sock on, one sock off; they gave a frustrated mumble and pushed the other one off, too.) "Yeah, sure, just -- gimme a minute --"

There was half a second of unreasonable flexibility, and then they unraveled their tangled limbs in full, pushing off to stand up in front of their bed. "What's up?"

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:12 pm
"The ceiling?" Nasir blinked, then his cheeks went a little red. "Just something downstairs." His fingers wiggled at Alexis, a sure sign that it was time to take his hand.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:53 pm
Alexis shrugged but took his hand anyways; as was usual for early-morning, their fingers were dry and cool. (They always had a fan running in their room, unless it was the depths of winter. Something about the noise helping them sleep, maybe.) "Long as you don't tell me we've got tickets to fly Air Canada tonight, 'cause I've got a shift, remember?"

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 am
"No tickets," Nasir laughed, "at least not at the moment. Do you want to go to somewhere?"

It was a legitimate question. Nasir did not travel so much anymore, except for the occasional trip to Brazil. His fingers squeezed theirs, heading down the stairs and towards the kitchen. Today, of course, it smelled especially tasty.

Daekie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm
Alexis shrugged. "Maybe one day. I've never really been anywhere 'sides where I grew up and -- here, obviously. When I'm not on city arrest." They sniffed at the air, curious. "Smells good. What'd you make?"

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:18 pm
"Well then ... let's plan on going some place, alright? Get out of Ashdown, go visit some other country." Nasir's smile was lopsided. "See the sights of a place that isn't the New England area in America."

At the bottom of the stairs he paused, glancing towards Alexis with another smile. "Oh, you know, just all your favorite breakfast things." It was absolutely true because once they were at the kitchen, where there was a small table for eating in there instead of the dining room, there was a plate of all the things Alexis really and truly enjoyed.

Daekie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:51 pm
"Never said I was from New England," Alexis reprimanded, but they were smiling; when they hit the dining room, though, they had a little strangled gasp, their eyes wet and shiny. They pulled their hand from Nasir's grasp to wipe the beginnings of tears away. "You -- didn't have to, I mean - I never celebrate, really..."

azvredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 pm
Nasir's lips twitched. "I know but I meant because we're in New England, so that's kind of not really a vacation if you live here."

Those twitching lips turned into a wide smile, happy and pleased with Alexis's reaction. "I know I didn't which is why I did." Nasir nudged them forward to have a seat. "So go sit down, eat. You deserve a day that's all about you."

Daekie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 am
"Everythin's a - everything's a vacation if y'phrase it right." They blinked back tears, moving to the chair slowly. "How long did this take you? I don't - Iunno what to say. 's just -" Alexis swallowed. "I. Haven't really celebrated since I was seventeen, so." Their smile was a little wavering, but they were trying; it was all just so overwhelming. "It's been a while."

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:37 pm
Nasir just leaned in, a soft press of lips to their hair as his arm squeezed lightly. "Then clearly it's past time that it's been celebrated. Besides, I have to celebrate the fact that you are alive and are part of my life, you know."

This was the best way Nasir knew to show how he cared: by cooking and looking after people in his life. "Though I don't know if I can beat the giant shark pillow that you have in terms of gifts ..."

Daekie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:34 am
"Break into whereever they hold the Powerball numbers n' win me the lottery." They leaned back into him, tension slowly seeping out of their body. "The real win here would be seein' you get away with breakin' the law." Alexis was joking, probably; it was so, so obvious they still didn't know how to really understand the fact he cared so much, loved so much, didn't treat his affection like it was to be won -

That made them think about someone else, though, and they chased the thought away because any chance of seeing that person again was long gone. Not in this universe.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers