rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] Firestruck (Preacher & Shiloh) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:22 pm
She hummed. It wasn't that Preacher couldn't carry a tune in a bucket... but this bucket probably had a hole somewhere. Carefully, she fed the tiny flame a piece of mineral (courtesy of Chester). Preacher poured her magic into it tentatively, like feeding a bonfire straw by straw, slow, easy. The flame licked along the bottom of the bowl, causing the wood to flare red in arcs. But there was no smoke, and less heat than she's expected. They needed to make it stronger. Better.

Preacher hummed louder - it helped her concentrate, and she leaned down. Gently, she breathed into the flame, like she was trying to fan it to life. A tendril of fire licked up and sizzled a strand of hair.

melancholies
3/4 success

Melancholies rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:28 pm
    Shiloh definitely couldn't carry a tune, so he wasn't even going to try humming along. Instead he watched and waited as the flame seemed to spring up. Underneath the bowl was... flowing, like the heat was making the red sap vein out around the surface of the wood. "It needs more..." He murmured a little to himself, his magic attempting to focus...

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:30 pm
    But the thing was too, they wanted the fire to burn eternally, but they didn't want the bowl to go up in flames with it. C'mon Shiloh, you were a ******** principal, shouldn't you have a shitload of magic sitting around? Focus, focus focus...

There was a loud crack that Shiloh feared was the bowl for a moment, but instead the fire flared to life, and it almost seemed like the air around it was glittering. The bowl too was pulsing like it had a heartbeat, the red snaking through the whorls in the wood like blood.

"Did we do it? Stop blowin' on it for a sec."
The Semblance of Unity

4/4 successes  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:40 pm
"Wow, I ain't never had a boy tell me ta stop blowin'." She never been in that sort of situation, anyway, but Preacher wasn't about to pass up such an opportunity to make a crude joke. She sat up, away from the bowl.

It was fascinating to watch. The heartwood seemed to beat like a living thing, the fire warming it to some unseen pulse. "I think.... I think we done it."

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:44 pm
    Shiloh made a really messy pfffFF sound before laughing, "Oh ********. Don't tell Jamie." A lot of his punchlines were turning out to be 'don't tell Jamie'. Sorry Jamie.

"But hey, that's cool as s**t." He watched the flame as it burned and burned and burned... after a moment of thought he took one of the incense sticks and dropped it in, the flames eating it right up, the aroma soft and floral in its wake. "I'm into it. You wanna hold onto this for now? Or I mean, I can." He shifted around, "Silk gets upset if you don't call ahead, so it might be a day or two before we can drop it off."

The laughter and the smiles kinda died down for a moment. "But ugh, I really don't wanna go back there..." Well whatever. It had to be done.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:03 pm
"You want lil' ol' me ta take a flamin' bowl inta my house when you can just shove it off on yer fetch?" She snorted. "Dude, I got a cat, you take it." Preacher had no doubt Mink would singe his stupid whiskers off from curiosity.

"N' yeah. Silk's a big stick in tha mud. I bet she's a nudist in her office n' that's why she's mad at people not callin' ahead. Ya got my number, jus' call me when we gotta go. I'm still on light duty, short shifts at work, so whenever is good."

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:40 pm
    "Oh... hey, I didn't know you had a cat okay?" He huffed, "'Sides, I got a Bean. He's gonna get himself incinerated..." He sighed, "I guess I'll just take it back to Court then, yeah." Even though he didn't want to go, not when a nap sounded so appealing. Using that much magic was exhausting, but he was pleased with how smoothly it went.

"I'll hit you up then. Laters." Court, court, court, court... he thought about his domain and then he was just... gone.

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces