Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 am
Eve had turned to discuss her purchases with the worker for a minute or two, and with a wary look at Alexis they took them up to the counter for her to pay for when she was ready. When she turned her attention back to Alexis, she had an answer.

"I have a twenty-four-year-old son in this reality," she said. "We kept him in the family. Probably would still make that choice, in spite of everything." Her voice had dropped in volume, confessional and distracted. There was obviously a story there, but she sure as hell wasn't going to tell it to someone she still considered barely more than a stranger.

"Does that answer your question? I have to get going."

Clover had already stood up from beside her chair and gave Eve an expectant look, having understood those last few words.

daekie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:18 pm
Alexis looked at Eve for a second, then, really looked; because in spite of everything - that was an odd thing to say. They felt like they understood her a little better, at least, but it was clear she had things to do.

"I'm sorry," they said, and left it at that, turning and walking away.

cibarium

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 am
Alexis was an unusual person. But Eve had met her share of unusual people, and even knew more than one volunteer Noble (including her own nephew). Learning as much hadn't been enough to determine whether she'd enjoy this person's company elsewhere.

"Nothing of it. Find me at Equinox if you want to learn more about the kind of magic that takes work." At her signal Clover trotted ahead of her to the counter, finishing the unexpected meeting.

daekie
a wrap! :3

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas