Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:11 pm
wind me up

"A few more."

His ego had been severely neutered following his first failed attempt at college, but every so often his pride was awakened, most readily by an interest in his work. Chester showed her what looked like a small figure on a unicycle that sped back and forth along a string, a hopping frog made from staple removers and mouse traps, and a purple metallic fish that opened and closed its mouth when it was wound.

"If you ever think of anything you'd like me to try," he said, watching the fish, "I can give it a shot."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:46 pm
make like a tree

"Okay." It felt far too easy, being pardoned for something so embarrassing so quickly, but he was grateful nonetheless. It was his turn to scrunch as she nudged his glasses higher, and once she was done, he pushed up onto his elbows, feeling his bruising shoulder twinge.

"I think you sell yourself short. And that's all I'll say about that." Chester swallowed, composure slowly returning. "I do believe I've finally decided what I'm going to eat."

The Semblance of Un!ty

Smerdle

Scamp

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:14 pm
wind me up

Each creation was thoughtfully, but gently, poked at. It was such a hodgepodge of things, she thought, but all very fascinating. Preacher grinned at him.

"I ain't creative like that, but ya should show me when ya make new stuff, too, 'kay? I like it."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:18 pm
make like a tree

She huffed out a breath. If she'd have thought he would have entertained such a conversation for a second, Preacher would have argued the whole 'selling herself short' thing to death and back. But she knew he wouldn't so she just scooted over a bit so he could get up.

"Whatever ya makin', can I have some?"

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 am
wind me up

He had never felt particularly creative either, more like he was following the whims of fickle machinery. But he supposed there were plenty of times when he told rather than asked, when he had something in mind and worked to find an object that would cooperate.

"I can do that." There was no good way to thank her for being interested, so he held that back, but he did nod and smile as he rearranged two projects that had drooped until they were touching.

"I'm glad you like them." There. That was a kind of thanks. "I should probably..." He gestured at his desk, stacks of papers and his laptop waiting for him to come back and do some nerdery.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:30 pm
make like a tree

"You could," he said, pushing himself back up to his feet. "If you tell me what you want on your sandwich."

Maybe not what she had in mind, but it was what he was making.

The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

Scamp

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:33 pm
wind me up

"Oh yeah.... I'll scoot." Preacher had forgotten she'd kind of barged in. "Have fun doing.... things n' whatever ya were doin'." She glanced over at Hickory once and slid on out of Chester's room.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:36 pm
make like a tree

"Sweet. I like pickles." She debated staying on the floor but, after a moment, she rose and walked into the kitchen, too.

smerdle
fins?

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items