Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] Ebb and flow (Shiloh & Jamie & Silk)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 pm
    Thankfully when Beel had gotten back to them, it had been a few days. Shiloh still hadn't been feeling 100% (especially after the exertion of so much magic), and he was a lot more restful and content to sleep away his stress in bed under Jamie's watchful eye. Now he was considerably more bright eyed and bushy tailed, his outfit in its standard Court attire as he crossed the way to The Spinel Lady's domain.

"It shouldn't take long, honestly." Beel had been there for half of their journey, he might as well see it through, "Silk's been very busy, but I managed to squeeze some time in for the two of you. Evidently the meeting with your brother and his friends went quite swimmingly, so I expect this one to be much the same."

Shiloh nodded, "Right."

"I can't help but notice you're lingering, Shiloh." Beel looked at him, then to Jamie, then to Shiloh again, "Come now, it won't due to be late. I understand your apprehension, but it must be done."

Shiloh cracked his knuckles, but then grabbed onto Jamie's hand for moral support. Sorry... He sighed, It's just hard seeing that place, y'know? Let's get this over with.

saedusk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 pm
It was a blessing that Shiloh actually stayed put in bed without complaint after being allowed that brief time to work, to feel like he was contributing. The healing process went so much smoother that way and the stress-borne illness was gone before they knew it. Jamie was so happy to see him looking so good and with color to his cheeks to boot.

"Thanks for setting this up for us, Beel," he said with a small smile, smoothing down the ruffles and lace of his court outfit. In stark contrast to Shiloh's blacks and purples, Jamie's clothes were mostly white. "Would you mind leading the way?"

Of course, Shiloh knew the way on his own too, but it felt nicer, more comfortable, to walk behind Beel instead. Squeezing the hand tangled with his, he shook his head, but spoke in their minds. It's okay, I understand. Don't worry, I'm here. If anyone tried to look crossways at this particular Beaumont twin, they'd have to deal with his surprisingly tough bun boyfriend.

At least it didn't take very long to get where they needed to go.

Melancholies

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:40 pm
Noel and Noah looked down at the threesome, and then stepped aside. Silk was nowhere to be seen, but Beel knew where to find her: in the office that was once the Spinel Lady's. Now it was Silk's.

She sat behind the desk, a pen in her hand. The other artifacts she had collected thus far were nowhere to be seen, though she was poring over a journal. "Come in," she said, "Have a seat. Beel, it's lovely to see you."

Melancholies
saedusk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:15 pm
    Shiloh tried (and failed) to keep himself from looking up at the Noah and Noel. Jamie would get a vivid, almost overwhelming rush of memories for the briefest of moments—the sensation of cracked ribs, of broken legs, of being held down and having your ankles twisted and contorted and shattered—but then it was gone, locked up behind a wall. Except in this case, the wall wasn't there to keep Jamie out, it was to keep Shiloh out from himself. Jamie looking in on his memories only meant Shiloh acknowledging them too.

And he didn't want that.

He was visibly stiff as he entered the office, but Beel was all to happy to show himself. "Silk! Dear sister, it's lovey to see you. I'm sorry I've only been sending my requests by paper and not by word of mouth." He pulled the chairs out for Shiloh, and then the other for Jamie, and then went to stand behind the both of them. Shiloh reluctantly let go of Jamie's hand as he took a seat. "It seem's everyone is so busy these days..."

"We appreciate it though." He offered a tiny smile to Beel. "I know you both technically met at the meeting," Actually, Silk probably knew just who Jamie Delacroix was, but still, "But this is my boyfriend, Jamie. Jamie, this is Silk." Shiloh cleared his throat, "I know you know why we're both here, so I'll get to it. Jamie, the conch?" He gave him a soft look that meant to be encouraging. It wasn't a look he'd ever given anything or anyone in these halls before.

Beel gave Shiloh a pat on the shoulder. Everyone needed the encouragement.

shibrogane

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:40 am
Everyone here was just doing their job. Standing up and saying no would've been the equivalent of a death sentence and Jamie knew it. Didn't mean he wasn't shooting Noel and Noah dirty looks as they passed. He'd felt the same animosity toward Beel at first, but Beel had worked to make up for what he'd done. Beel had earned Jamie's trust. These two hadn't and those brief flashes of memory were enough to make him feel physically ill.

It was only knowing Shiloh needed the autonomy to decide what he did and didn't want to deal with right now that kept Jamie from doing anything but squeezing his hand protectively.

"Thank you," he murmured, sitting in the chair that had been pulled out for him. "It's, um, it's nice to properly meet you, Silk." Far too much had gone on between far too many people to call their last encounter proper.

"Oh, um, the conch. Yes." Though he'd kept it in his bag the entire way here, there were no visible scuffs or scratches on its impressively glossy surface. What magic they'd imbued it with protected it easily. There was a moment of hesitation, a moment of I wish I could keep it, and then he set it on Silk's desk. A flare of impressive blue color shimmered across its surface and was gone the next instant.

"It's like... a portable ocean." It smelled like salt and sea spray and sounded like high tide sliding over the sand. "The water won't come out unless you want it to, but you should be able to pour out as much as you want."

Melancholies

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:55 pm
Silk took the shell in hand. She examined it, her eyes widening just slightly at the flare. "Thank you," she said, "it's a pleasure to meet you as well." She rolled the shell, tipped it to the side. Water dripped out onto the journal she was examining and she tipped it back with a surprised laugh.

"You've done well," she said, "this ought to work; may I ask how you enchanted it?"

saedusk
Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:24 pm
    Shiloh's eyes got wide when the water poured out onto the journal; hopefully that didn't get ruined... "Thanks Silk." Shiloh beamed, proud to have participated in the making of it.

"Well the idea was, you can 'hear' the waves of the ocean in a conch, right? So we thought to actually put the ocean into it." Shiloh wiggled a little, stop that Shiloh, "We took a bunch of things that we thought represented water, or came from water, like fishbones and scales and sand from the shore. Jamie found some expensive gems too, like sapphires and diamonds... and then we used my blood as a binder."

He looked at Jamie for a second.

"We have an ability that lets us focus our magic together, so after that it was just casting." Shiloh gave Jamie a big smile. Could you tell he was proud? He was proud. And also maybe projecting some of Jamie's energy.

saedusk

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 pm
"Thank you," Jamie bubbled, genuinely pleased by the praise. Even if he enjoyed every second spent gathering and crafting with Shiloh, the effort they'd put into the shell was still considerable. To be recognized for their work made it all worth it. Well, that and the knowledge they were helping to free Melany from the binds of the court. He cared less for the remade charter and more for her freedom in the long run.

"We, um, we haven't had a chance to use the power as much for actual casting, so it was nice to experiment with it." Hearing that pride in Shiloh's voice made him sheepish, but undeniably happy and honestly just as proud. What they had was so very, very important to him.

"I'm glad to hear it'll work," he literally sighed in relief, actually. "Is there... anything else we need to know before... the day?"

Melancholies

shibrogane

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:27 pm
Silk shook her head. "I don't know for sure. Your peers would know more about what's still needed. Of course, please be prepared with what you want from this new Charter. It will govern your lives for the foreseeable future, assuming the worst comes to pass."

Melancholies
saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:37 pm
    Shiloh nodded, "Makes sense." If everything went according to plan, there would be no more cage and no more cycles, but Shiloh supposed they needed to take small steps... and realistically, deconstructing the Charter wasn't necessarily a step needed in the long run; if everything ran its course the way he wanted it to, then it would be destroyed and unneeded.

Nah, this was a selfish venture he realized. This was him not wanting to see Melany suffer anymore, him not wanting Nobles to be as chaotic as they were. In the back of his mind he had thoughts stewing on what he wanted out of the Charter. "Anyway, I can say the same for you Silk. I wasn't kidding... I want fetches to have just as much of a say too, especially since you all live here." He motioned to Court.

"Anyway, we're all super busy so I wanna get out of your hair, but I had one other uh, concern... I guess." He sat up a little straighter, "Which I guess it can be addressed at the actual casting, but like, it's about the deer triplets." Shiloh drummed his fingers on his leg, "I don't want them in the same position. I dunno, I don't trust them... I want to, but I can't knowing the s**t they've been a part of... I'm guessing there'd still have to be people to fill those roles since they serve as filters, but that's possible right? To replace them too?"

shibrogane
last question

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:46 pm
The question was a bit surprising, but Jamie nodded in agreement. "That would be nice to know..." Things had been strange with the deer triplets since the whole void episode. Though he'd only met with Pride in person, he'd heard a few things. It was honestly difficult to tell who they could trust at all anymore. Was there anyone?

Melancholies

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 pm
"Anything is possible. But what are you willing to give up? I haven't any idea how to create a new filter beyond the theoretical... you'd have to look into it yourself if you want to pull them out."

Melancholies
saedusk

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:05 am
    What was he willing to give up? A lot...

He didn't say it outloud, but the expression on his face was clearly resolute. Anyone who knew the hell he went through in Court already knew he'd lost it all once and rebuilt. Things were finite and temporary and he'd be lose it all again too if he had to. Shiloh was never the type to gamble, but with the threat of the cycle reset looming? He had to try even if the odds were unfavorable.

"Thanks anyway." He told Silk with a small nod. Beel's hand only left his shoulder at that moment, though Shiloh had forgotten it was even there at all. "I'm going to look into it. I don't even know what they want really..." But a position of power wasn't really what he wanted them in. In the same breath, maybe keeping them close meant a better eye and a tigher leash? "Do you have any questions Jame? I think we're done here if you don't."

saedusk
ftb w/ jamie leading them out?

shibrogane
ty 4 rpppp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:21 am
If anyone knew what Shiloh was willing to give up, it was Jamie. While he wouldn't stop him from doing what may need done in most circumstances, he'd stand with him all the way, at least. He'd watch his back. They'd have each other even if they had no one else.

Either way, they could talk about this later.

"No," he said, shaking his head, "I think that's it. Thanks a lot for your time, though, Silk. I appreciate it." As Jamie stood up, he adjusted his bag back to his side. "We'll see you soon."

No different than the way they'd arrived, Jamie scooped Shiloh's hand into his own. He gave Beel a small nod and a smile and then they were on their way.

Melancholies
fin!

shibrogane
ty ty!

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items