azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:20 pm
"Sign language is not all that different than a book that was written in symbols." Hieroglyphs came to mind but neither here nor there.

"This library is, admittedly, part of the Mercer domain at Court. It's not actually accessible by most, though there are spaces within the Court that people can freely travel. You simply come to other ashdown and desire to find the Court and your feet will carry you there." A pause. "Which is how you can actually return the book. Either return it to me or come to the Court and look for the doors to my domain. Fell can meet with you and take the book."

He smiled a little. "Besides, the rabbit hole only gets deeper at the 'yer a wizard' talk, which I'm sure you've realized."

Fell reappeared beside them, a small deliberate shuffling of her skirt giving away her presence. "I've the location of the market," she told them, holding out what was a piece of ribbon to be taken. "This will make it quicker for you to get there, since I believe time is of the essence?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 am
"I'm simply saying that people who would read Sign Language typically also read whatever language their Sign Language is catered to." Unless they wanted to have cryptic conversations that would just be as easy for someone to figure out how to read. Maybe. The whole 'movement' part of some words would probably be weird to put on paper though.

"So basically break into your library or break into your house and I can bring the book back. Both work pretty well, I think." The 'let your feet carry you' option relied on a part of Cass to actually not be distracted by shiny objects, though. She was rather good at being distracted sometimes.

Perhaps not intentionally, she smiled back. "Well, yes. I'd say it's less of a rabbit hole and more of an anthill that has so many paths in varying directions you can't really say they all lead to the same ends, more than that they started, roughly, in the same place."

Cass looked to Fell when she returned, offering the fetch a smile. "Thank you," she said, taking the offered ribbon with a ginger touch. "Time is...definitely of the essence." she agreed.

azuredreams
And on the note of time, we have a 6 days to do a few more RPs. Oops.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:03 pm
Jeremiah snorted in agreement about it being an anthill. It certainly made sense. He was about to speak again, to reply, when Fell appeared and Cass was taking the ribbon. It curled around Cass's fingers before it wound it's way around her wrist like a bracelet.

"Well, then perhaps we should head to the market? And see what we can get our hands on? Worse comes to worse, we can default to something with the most rudimentary symbol of air." His fingers twitched, coldfire flaring to life and forming the symbol for air: an upright triangle with a line through the upper portion.

"Simply follow the paths of the Court," Fell said, her tone amused, "and the ribbon will do the rest. I'll go and speak with Noah and Noel and procure you an appointment with Silk in anticipation." With that, she curtsied once more and left the pair.

Jeremiah raised an eyebrow at Cass. "Well ... then shall we?" Get a move on to this floating magical market.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:27 pm
Cass looked at the ribbon as it wound around her hand, brows raising as though expecting it to try and snap her hand off. Clearly, she had watched a few too many horror movies where ribbons were symbolic of strange things. She'd...maybe need to cut back on those (she'd never cut back on those).

"Sure! I think heading out sounds good. Just in case we end up uh..needing a few days to make sure everything is working OK before we hand it over to whoeever we're giving these to.." she paused and looked after Fell as she spoke, then quietly added, "Silk, I guess." Cass didn't know who any of these people were. She was guessing.

"So, I guess show me the path of the Court Fell mentioned and I'll lead the way."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:03 pm
"Silk has been around since before the creation of the Charter that we're working on dismantling and recreating," he offered. "She's a fetch herself but not at all like the others and," his lips twitched, "very much a stickler on propriety and manners and respect."

Essentially: best behavior or things would go poorly. Not that Jeremiah did not respect Silk, he did, greatly in fact, it was just simple a thing that was worth noting.

Arm offered to Cass, Jeremiah tilted his head back towards the doors they came in. "We'll head out that way and go to the public spaces of the Court. That will lead us where we need to."

demon_pachabel
wrap on your post and i'll start up the next?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:23 pm
Cass nodded along with the tidbit of information before linking arms with Jeremiah, smiling. "Well, it'll be like the yellow brick road only maybe with less lions or tigers," but maybe still bears. Oh my.

Still, as promised as she was wearing the ribbon, Cass took up the lead on the walk towards the doors they'd come in. Hopefully if she kept thinking 'There's no place like floating market' even if she didn't tap her heels together they'd end up where they wanted to be.

azuredreams
And that's a wrap on my end.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items