rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] Crunch time (Oliver & Elliot & Horace) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Melancholies rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:30 pm
    Ollie blinked rapidly at the kiss. It could be dealt with in the morning, provided they were all still alive, "L-Luck, right. Alright."

He took a deep breath, his hand a little tingly.

"Actually, I think maybe that's what we've been doing wrong. We've all been casting individually... if we're supposed to represent every part of this box—every component—then we should've been casting together from the get go." He shook his hands free of everyone to remove the stained tissues from his nose, sanitized them, and then reached for Eli and Horace's hands again.

"I'm going to try focusing on the focal point again." He told them, "I just want you both to cast, and I'll try to attune it to the rock, alright?" He smiled at the both of them. The second he felt the magic in the general vicinity, he closed his eyes and breathed.

Even with his vision dark, he managed to see the magic... not in any traditional sense, but he could feel it weaving around from the three of them, each different in nature, but each malleable in the sense that... he felt like he could reach out and touch it. He did not, but his mind's eye gently focused the three until it became almost indecipherable from one another. Focus... focus...

He could feel the stone resonating within the box.

"Now!"

saedusk

The Semblance of Unity

Method Testing
method testing
Players must roll 1d4 in each post where they test their method of casting. There are three testing stages; you must achieve two successes in each stage to prove your method works for the casting. Each post must be filled out before your method test can be turned in.

Stage One: Concept
In this stage your characters are working with a smaller version of their method to a smaller purpose, such as heating a pot of water or causing someone to float.
1-- A success! Your casting method has proven viable in this small test.
2-- A failure. You did not generate enough power to achieve your test goal.
3-- A failure. Your chosen reagent was not sturdy enough to channel the power and was destroyed.
4-- A failure. There was a large flaw in your casting that prevented you from succeeding.

Stage Two: Prototype
In this stage, your characters are attempting to cast a moderate spell using your method of casting; a moderate spell is something like causing a flower to grow quickly or healing a minor wound.
1-- A failure. Your casting method did not generate enough power; you must adjust your reagents.
2-- A success! Your casting method has proven viable in this larger test.
3-- A failure. Your chosen focal point was not sturdy enough to channel your power and was destroyed, causing you minimal harm.
4-- A failure. There was a small flaw in your casting which must be adjusted before you can succeed.

Stage Three: Final
In this stage, your characters are attempting to cast a large spell using your method of casting. A large spell is something like weather manipulation, teleportation, etc.
1-- A failure. You didn't generate enough power; the flaw was not with your spell.
2-- A failure. Your chosen focal point wasn't sturdy enough to channel your power and was destroyed, causing you moderate harm.
3-- A failure. You blew up your reagents on accident, and must acquire more.
4-- A success! You're ready to use this method of casting in the recreation of the Charter.

Stage One: 2/2 successes
Stage Two: 2/2 successes
Stage Three: 2/2 successes  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:38 pm
"Oh," was Eli's very eloquent response, his expression unbothered but surprised. The kiss had been absolutely unnecessary, but here was the kicker: he liked it. Funny, that. In a way, it was something he knew he'd have to deal with, something they'd have to deal with from the looks of it, but now wasn't the time. Now, he simply smiled. It was light and affectionate.

"A little extra luck never hurt."

With renewed focus, he held both of their hands, grip firm. "I'll give it a try," he promised Ollie, letting his own eyes slip shut. What he saw didn't matter, not with their end goal locked away in the box. What did matter was feeling the energy, was attuning with it and casting on a level that meshed with everyone else's. What he had to do was let himself be malleable. And he did.

Eli could feel the growth of their magic in a way he'd never quite experienced before. It wasn't near as precise as Ollie's abilities, but it made him sure that they were doing something right this time.

Melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:45 pm
For a moment, Horace hoped the world would kind of open up and swallow him whole. But they had magic to do. He swore he could almost feel it this time, swirling around them, into the box, vibrating in the air. Something was different this time - it was almost like they slotted against each other like legos, like a choral composition of magic. He could push his own magic out in tendrils, moving with the others.

He breathed in deeply, focusing on the feel of their hands in his, on the heavy weight of the box in front of him. It was happening. It was... He flicked open his eyes after a bit.

"We should," he licked his lips. "Open the box and see."

melancholies
saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:49 pm
    It was done. He didn't need to open the box; a stupid smile broke on his face, wholly uncharacteristic of Oliver Beaumont. "If you insist."

He let go of their hands and popped the lid on the box. Lo and behold nothing remained inside, not even dust, not even ash. The indestructible rock was, in fact, destructible; Oliver couldn't wait to report back to Renard about it. Would he be proud to know the three of them succeeded where he had not?

He wiggled his hands like a fanfare, "I think we've earned ourselves some cupcakes."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 pm
How could you not smile? How could you not when Lord Sourpants Beaumont was smiling wide like it was his birthday and birthdays were a thing he actually legitimately cared about? This was indeed cause for celebration, not just because they'd succeeded, but also because they deserved it. Why the ******** not?

Clapping his hands together, he chimed in, "It's absolutely cupcake time." So matter-of-fact, so sure. "Grab the box and let's get the heck out of here. Oliver, I hope you're planning on letting Mr. Leroux in on this as soon as possible." Eli was practically glowing as he moved to help Horace 'carry' the box back.

Melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:29 pm
S....sorry about the hand thing, he sent to both of them. "I'm glad that worked. We actually did it!" Ollie looked so happy and Ellie followed suit and it was like the clouds had parted and sunshine was raining down on everything, except for the fact that he kind of wanted to crawl into a hole. He was trying to ignore that.

Horace bent down to grab the box. It was considerably lighter than a body, so he didn't mind it, although Eli's help was still welcome. "If the cupcakes are good, I think I'll take some for Silk when we drop this off."

saedusk
melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:36 pm
    Are you upset about it? Ollie turned to face him for a second, Don't worry about it. He cracked a few of his knuckles, "Oh yeah, Silk. Um..." He thought for a second, "We should probably do that as soon as possible, but I'm sure she's busy with everyone else working on the charter too... should we call ahead? Is that a thing you can do in the Otherworld?"

Ding dong Ollie, your brother is a Noble.

"Maybe I can ask Shiloh to arrange a time for us to stop by?" But then that'd be two favors... well whatever. Shiloh wanted Melany to be saved too, right? "And we should probably figure out the arm situation as soon as possible... But we can talk about that later. Let's go."

saedusk

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:43 pm
Eli gave Horace a look, briefly, that said he didn't mind the hand thing. For now, it was the best he could do. More and more he started to realize how nice it would be to have the same sort of telepathy powers as he and Ollie did.

"If you could ask Shiloh, that might be best. It's common courtesy back home, so why not Other Ashdown, too? But yes, you're right, let's get out of here."

Melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:12 pm
Don't worry about it? He worried about it.

"Oh, I told you guys the blood test came back negative, right - for her arm? And she... she's nervous, but she agreed. We just need medical professionals or magic savants or something to make it happen." He looked at Ollie. "Do you need me to ask Shiloh about the medics or-?" Horace didn't want to strain what was obviously a weird relationship.

"And I imagine Silk is super busy... a set meeting might be nice." Maybe he'd see Felt again. He wondered if the hulking bodyguards like cupcakes.

saedusk
melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:17 pm
    "You can if you want." He said with a nod as he led them down the hallway of their Otherworldly house. He got to the door to his room, opened it, and stepped inside.

The three of them would find the colors re-saturated, the clouds outside moving, the birds singing, Nosey staring wide eyed from the bed with a certain look of shock only an animal could possess. "Sorry, it's easier if I use doors. Less strenuous than just clapping my hands." That being said, Oliver's room was decidedly minimalist, pieced together with necessities only; the bed, the dresser, the nightstand with a lamp, a desk with an impressive tower of books both on top of it and to the side on the floor. There was an electronic synth in the corner with a pair of hulking headphones, but that was about the extent of the Oliver experience.

"That's good though about her blood. I'd be nervous too, but... I think we can manage. Shiloh has quite a bit of faith in the people he's seeking out, so I think we'll be alright." He nodded.

"Oh uh, we can keep talking in the living room, sorry."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:31 pm
Despite the fact that it was Oliver's room and it was best to vacate back to the living room so as not to disturb anything, Eli still snuck away—not far, of course, only to the bed—to give Nosey a few pets. He did love the cats, even if she was considerably more standoffish than Chai. She deserved the attention for looking as shocked as she did.

"Oh, that's wonderful to hear." If the test had come back any other way, everything they were doing might've been ruined. Worse yet, that would've meant bad times for Melany. Or so Eli assumed.

"I still feel a bit bad about taking her arm, but I trust we'll be able to regrow it or replace it, at least." Finally, he started to move out of the room. Whether the others followed, he supposed that was there prerogative. "For now, I'm only going to worry about cupcakes," he said determinedly.

Melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:51 pm
He'd text Shiloh later, when his hands were empty. For now, his head swung about, taking in Oliver's room. He'd talked with Oliver while he presumably sat on his bed. Horace averted his eyes. "What's your room look like, Ellie?" He wondered how much of it reflected the man.

"If the cupcakes are good, I'll bring some to Silk when we head to court. I... can't believe we did it." Horace grinned, feeling a weird sense of relief, despite the fact that they had so much left to do. His smile wavered a bit. This included Melany's arm. "But we did it!"

Luckily, they didn't seem weirdly out by the kissing hand thing. Whew. Horace skated dangerously close to, well, he didn't know what, but it was there. And he hadn't grabbed anyone's a** this time, so there was that. Speaking of, he let both Elliot and Ollie proceed him into the living room.

saedusk
melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:12 pm
    "Yeah we did it." Ollie offered another small smile as he led the way out, "I really hope replacing it is as simple as it sounds. I'm sure it won't be, but hey. If we can destroy the indestructible, then we can regrow the ungrowable, right?" It made sense in his head. "Eli's room is a lot more interesting. Pascal's probably in there too." He hadn't heard the boofer yet, so he assumed he had taken vigil on the bed like always.

"Anyway, we can tear into these in a bit. I'll grab some drinks; what does everyone want? Oh—don't you dare start eating without me."

And there he went...

saedusk

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 am
"My room is fabulous, Horace," he said, "I'll show you sometime." For once it didn't sound like an innuendo, but it very well could've been. "If you wouldn't mind making coffee, darling, that would be wonderful."

As they left the room, a very noticeable thud, a skitter of claws on the hardwood, and a very wet nose on a very excited dog met them in the hallway like clockwork. He had been in bed, locked in a light doze, but as soon as he heard voices he'd woken right up. Predictably, he also boofed. A friendly boof.

"All we need are the cats and it'll be a party," Eli commented.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items