Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Lucky Catch Gold

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:34 pm
The only thing that excites me about this is GOLD SINK!

Horray for that right?

Problem is it takes an average of 40 seconds to finish a pull (I totally timed it because it was so aggravating). Too slow.

Put some math to that:

1 Billion would take 6 minutes
10 Billion would take 1 Hour
100 Billion would take 11 Hours
1 Trillion would take 4 1/2 Days

With the gold I have just waiting to the sunk, it would take me 4 1/2 months to get rid of it all. A couple of bids in Flynn's Plunder would knock that out much quicker....

I've already spent 600 Billion on it and ended up donating all 2,282 of the random prizes I got from it. That is around 6,000 pulls with roughly 50% chance of getting a prize. Pretty good odds, I like them. heart
Not one drop of GC out of 6,000. Do I expect to win whole 10,000 GC? of course not, but 10GC -100GC might have been nice eh?

My conclusion is this: In order for this feature to sink more gold, it needs to go just a bit faster on the pulls. wink It would also need to offer a little more incentive where GC prizes are concerned if it is going to really draw more spending attention. More GC drops, rather than 1 big one, at smaller amounts preferably. More users would spend their gold on it if they were to occasionally win 100GC or so, give them hope that they might actually win "the whole enchilada" and keep on going. The current speed of the draw as already enough to make any one quit early on when faced with the idea that they will just have multiples of the same item that are depreciating in value every second gonk

Drawbacks: An over flow of Lucky Catch Gold prizes
Solution: Items change each month and are exclusive to that month only. And now we have a new Monthly Collectible wink

Just my thoughts and complaints........
What about you?  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:49 pm
If one does not look at the visual bugs/ false item drops (S-Rare dropping from a Rare or even normal pull...) I think it's quite nice.

More diversity via rotation and/or faster pulls? Count me in, where do I sign the petition? mrgreen  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:01 pm
Marc Gosgosh
If one does not look at the visual bugs/ false item drops (S-Rare dropping from a Rare or even normal pull...) I think it's quite nice.

More diversity via rotation and/or faster pulls? Count me in, where do I sign the petition? mrgreen

I am soooo not starting a petition! Unless the issues are not fixed eventually...
rofl

The game hasn't been out a full week yet, so there is still hope that issues will get sorted out.

I would love to see a whole page of these Catch games with different gold prices.

I need one that has 1B or 10B pulls wink
10B and 100B pulls can replace the inactive Flynn's Plunder as a highly effective gold sink. I  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:56 am
Pwnder

I would love to see a whole page of these Catch games with different gold prices.

I need one that has 1B or 10B pulls wink
10B and 100B pulls can replace the inactive Flynn's Plunder as a highly effective gold sink. I

To the first:
Oh yes, that would be really nice. Perfectly, they would add "rather unwanted recolours" (IMO there are a lot of toxic, bubblegum, melt, warm themes on here; I prefer black, dark bloody and I see those less...maybe I am in the wrong forums lol ) to those games. xd

To the second:
Aye, for those multi-billionairs/trillionaires this would make more sense then the 100m sink. Otherwise they could make something like a quick draw pack (like the new Swift Cache) but in form of those gateway sink rewards. Sell that in Loyal's Bazaar, something like that.  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:59 pm
I've found this annoying too.

In Firefox, it takes a long time to finish a single pull, so I thought I'd try having it work in the background while I do other stuff, but the second I click outside of the window, it stops running before it's done until I click back (as for why it does this, I have no idea), which also means I can't try having multiple windows of the game open (even in other browsers) to speed it up because it'll only do one at a time. Prevents "cheating" I guess, but I thought the point was to encourage sinking gold...? cat_neutral

In Chrome (or Chromium in my case), it seems 3 or 4 times faster, but it's still slower than I'd like and I have to keep the window selected. Being able to do a billion or more at a time would mostly solve the problem for me, but it would be nice if they made the pulls faster anyway.

And adding more items as potential prizes would be a plus, so their values don't drop below 100 million gold in the Marketplace. cat_3nodding They don't even have to make new items for it (in my opinion), they could just add some existing items that almost never show up in the Marketplace to make them more common.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:08 pm
Kangit

And adding more items as potential prizes would be a plus, so their values don't drop below 100 million gold in the Marketplace. cat_3nodding They don't even have to make new items for it (in my opinion), they could just add some existing items that almost never show up in the Marketplace to make them more common.

This is exactly what I was thinking too!

There has got to be some programming code that will allow the 'machine' to randomly generate an item from a group that has low/no marketplace listings. If allowed to do that, it wouldn't need updates, it would update on its own and perpetually be interesting. And perpetually sink gold cool

I imagine the only drawback on allowing something like that would be filtering items that are not allowed to be in that group, like LQIs, Angelic Halo, etc etc. I suppose that is where the item tagging issue really kicks us in the butt.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:08 am
Pwnder
Kangit

This is exactly what I was thinking too!

There has got to be some programming code that will allow the 'machine' to randomly generate an item from a group that has low/no marketplace listings. If allowed to do that, it wouldn't need updates, it would update on its own and perpetually be interesting. And perpetually sink gold cool

I imagine the only drawback on allowing something like that would be filtering items that are not allowed to be in that group, like LQIs, Angelic Halo, etc etc. I suppose that is where the item tagging issue really kicks us in the butt.

Probably need to make sure gold generators don't show up either, or it doesn't exactly work as a gold sink. cat_razz

But other than that, if it were truly random out of all of Gaia's items, I'd find it pretty addictive to play it. cat_3nodding  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games