[PRP] Stir crazy (Shiloh & Jamie) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:55 pm
The silence definitely wasn't silent, it was full of those concepts and colors as Jamie shaped them into some sort of ideal date adventure at an amusement park. His words weren't words, but rollercoasters and his laughs weren't laughs, but music blaring from loudspeakers high atop poles. It was a nice mental detour that got them to the library quickly.

"Last time I didn't even knock," he admitted. "I mean, I didn't barge in or anything, all I did was call out and the door opened on its own." So he figured, hey, that was probably the best course of action this time, too. Just like last time, he raised his voice slightly, but no where near a yell.

"Ummm... Sunday?" he said, "Would it be alright if we came in? We really need to do some research on some, um, really important stuff."

Melancholiessss

shibroganeeee
Just quoting to see if they're able to access the OAD library! It's for research for their meta item.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:10 pm
    Shiloh waited, and waited, and... waited, his blue eyes transfixed on the door in front of them. "Maybe she's not home?" It was spoken lightly; Sunday was the library, or whatever it was that Jamie had explained to him. His hands were on his hips as he made a huffy tch sound. "I guess libraries need their off days too, huh?"

He waited another breath just to be sure.

"I know we should do like, actual research." He turned to his boyfriend, "But maybe we can just try brainstorming on our own first. You wanna take a walk by the beach?"

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:29 pm
Speaking honestly, Jamie was a bit disappointed. Maybe their research wasn't quite as urgent as he thought or something. Shifting from one foot to the other, he sniffed. Didn't mean he wasn't chomping at the bit to get it out of the way as soon as possible, though.

"I dunno what's up," he said, turning away from the door. "Sorry, I thought for sure we'd get in..." And yet, trust Shiloh to know the magic words for cheering him up, at least a little.

"The beach?? Okay! I bet we'll think of something."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:05 pm
    "It's okay." He bumped their shoulders together with a smile, "You really can't predict this magical kinda s**t. Hey, maybe she's sick too." Could metaphorical representations of libraries get sick? Whatever; he just didn't want Jamie to be upset. "I mean, it just has to represent water right? That's... so open ended." He reached for his hand again.

"So maybe we'll find some answers, yeah?" His grin was cocksure, if not a little ragged.

...of course, by the time they made it to the beach, Shiloh was more or less giving the waves an absentminded look. "Yeah," He said after a while, "I'm not sure what I was really expecting. It's water." Did I ever tell you I don't know how to swim?

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 pm
It's water was as good a reason as any for Jamie to start feeling one hundred percent better. If there was one thing Jamie loved—aside from fish and Shiloh, with his number one an obvious choice—it was water. The ocean was like a sibling. Jamie loved it.

"Let's just take a walk down the beach and see what we see," he suggested. Already he was mesmerized by the mist flung through the air by the rolling waves. It had his mind churning.

I remember you telling me that, he responded mentally, starting their walk. Didn't I say I'd help you learn how to swim? I must have...

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:32 pm
    Shiloh laughed audibly. It was nice to keep their talking mental—well, talking—because it was honestly less about words and more about abstract memories and thoughts and things jumbled together. Their minds were a messy amalgamation, but it was nice too. Maybe someday they'd be able to sort it out—organize it—make it cleaner and more streamlined. "You'd be able to carry me and hold me up anyway, muscle milk." Still, he still liked to talk aloud. The actual sound of Jamie's voice had nothing on his mental one.

"Anyway, focus." This was coming from Shiloh, "So my first thought is like, bones, yeah? Fish bones." He made a wide motion, "But, I dunno how to fish, and I don't wanna settle for store bought salmon. Man, whale bones Jamie, or like... seals... Seal bones." He paused, "Okay, but that's gotta be illegal." His shoe overturned a few pebbles. "Maybe... sand dollars? I dunno..."

He licked his lips; they were starting to chap again. "I guess it could be anything so long as we get the magic to stick."

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:46 am
How in the world did Shiloh expect Jamie to focus when he was pulling nicknames like muscle milk out of his hat. Eyes wide and mouth all scrunched in a held back laugh, walked along in silence, nearly holding his breath. Eventually it all escaped in one loud PAH and his voice was edged with amusement.

"I dunno where we'd even find a whale or a seal," Jamie said, crossing his arms over his chest in an x, "No poaching!!"

Wordlessly, he pulled his cherry lip gloss from his pocket, grabbed Shiloh's hand, and booped it right into his palm. Then he took off running a few steps ahead. "Oh, look-!" He stooped down by a rock, but quickly spun back around to reveal a small piece of driftwood that looked more like a creepy, gnarled old claw. "Sand dollars are nice but eh, eeeeeh?" He wiggled the stick around.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:05 am
    "Oh come on, like I could even kill a whale." He wrinkled his nose, "Maybe a seal? I bet I could wrangle a seal. Anyway, we'd prolly have to steal something like that from a museum." The way he said it was like no problem at all.

Granted, when you fight werewolverines and live through months of abuse it really wasn't.

He took the chapstick without even acknowledging it, applying it seamlessly like an afterthought. Most of Shiloh's attention was on Jamie's weird stick display, and his eyebrow rose with a look of utter you're an idiot spelled out on it. It wasn't like Shiloh meant it that way; his deadpan look just happened to be really judgemental. "Drift wood might work, but thats measely." He snorted as he popped the cap on the chapstick again, lips smaking together oboxniously. Realization dawned on him.

"Hey!" He huffed, "I don't even like chapstick." That was a side effect of the mental bond; things just... happened. He hadn't even thought about it in the moment.

It was also really obvious that he was resisting the urge to lick it off.

"Besides, driftwood is kinda... flimsy. But I guess shells are too." Shiloh made a loud sniffing noise, mostly because all he could smell was cherry now. "We should also make sure it's something we can get a lot of, in case we ******** up the first castings and need new material." He wiggled his finger around like a worm, the appendage dangling dangerously close to the wooden claw in Jamie's grasp.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:00 pm
"Oh." Jamie stopped wiggling the wood-claw, the look on his face a testament to the difficult problem he was trying to solve in his head. "Wow, you don't like chapstick, huh? I mean, I knew that, but I just-" It was like reacting to his own bodily needs, he'd done it without thinking. The fact that Shiloh's needs weren't his needs felt like an obvious fact that was taking too long to sink in.

"Anyway-" he huffed, tapping the driftwood against Shiloh's wiggling finger, "-I guess it is kinda flimsy. Still cool. But y'know, not all shells are fragile."

Suddenly he dropped the driftwood so he could make a grand motion with his hands. They stopped palm up as if he were cradling something, but there was nothing there. "What about a conch shell? Some parts of them are delicate, sure, but I think they're pretty strong for shells. And it's practically like having the ocean in the palm of your hand." He giggled.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:20 pm
    "A... conch shell?" He tilted his head, eyes watching his previously assaulted finger. "I mean, it's true you can hear the ocean in them..."

Not that it was really the ocean.

"But what if we could really put the ocean inside of it?" He laughed, "Oh god, but what if.. what if we find some and we pick them up and they got those little crab things inside of them?" Focus Shiloh, Melany's fate was at stake here, you could face the crab adversary agenda.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:51 pm
"That sounds powerful..." Jamie murmured. "We should try."

Undaunted as ever, he grabbed Shiloh's hand again for what felt like the millionth time already. Jamie loved holding hands, so sue him. "If there's a crab, we just gotta put them back in the ocean." No way he was going to go around stealing homes from already existing residents. "It'll be okay, I'll fight them off for you." Tug tug and they were off down the beach again.

"Besides, if we do find a conch on the beach it's prolly already empty. Keep your eyes peeled, Beaumont!"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:57 pm
    Shiloh let himself be dragged, but not before sticking the chap stick into Jamie's back pocket, followed by a hearty butt pat. "When did you get to be so fearless huh?" He laughed, "I'm counting on you."

Good thing they were in the Otherworld, because he was pretty sure they'd look like some B-Rated beach clean up crew, and he wasn't about that scene. Granted, they didn't have a lot of pockets either... "Let's find as much stuff as we can and I'll try calling Beel down, okay? We can haul everything off to Court and do some testing there."

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:37 am
To be honest, Jamie felt the most fearless when he had Shiloh by his side. It wasn't just a joke, either. In all facets of life he felt it, courage, because being with someone who supported him made it easier to stand up and fight when he needed to. Their headspace was getting a little warm and mushy with dumb thoughts, so he shoo'd them away. For now.

"Sounds good," he said, scooping up a few odds and ends he saw on the way. Most of them were shells and sand dollars, but they did manage to find more than one conch and plenty of driftwood. He still liked the conch idea, but it didn't hurt to have the other materials, too. Just in case.

"This is prolly good." And it was, their arms were both plenty full. "Time to get started!"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:31 pm
    Shiloh's arms were equally filling with a variety of things. He was keeping an eye out for conch shells, but he was definitely scooping up whatever looked viable in the process. "Watch out for othersnails." He whispered to Jamie, "Like, cone snails y'know? They'll get'cha."

He actually wasn't sure where those were indigenous to.

"You know, I'm not actually sure how we're supposed to call Beel all the way over here either..."

saedusk
fin!

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items