azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:47 pm
"Again, it'd have to be something pivotal- something integral to who they are, wouldn't it?" If Jeremiah was following the line of thinking properly, at least. People would have to give memories that were defining of who they were and that could, at least, not be feasible for some.

"When you say bind the two pieces, are you referencing the jar of blood used to," there was a look on his face, as if he was searching for a better word and failed, "wash the sigil on Melany's shoulder and seal it to her bone?"

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:33 pm
The more they asked the more it seemed like they should be less hung up on the blood thing. He wasn't even sure that he could so willingly sacrifice a meaningful memory. Not willingly.

His mouth opened in thought before there were the lovely bloody details and Alg's expression closed and curled unpleasantly. It only reinforced their need to do this right.

azuredreams

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:12 pm
"Yep," said Pride. "Blood's also like, life and power. You can't live without it. So you'd have to come up with something that had a lot of time and devotion put into it, or something easy like blood. Like, if you could get people to create a True Name for themselves and use that to sign... It's not really a thing unless people believe in that crap, though. Lots of magic runs off what you expect to happen."

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:27 pm
"Strength of will, belief and expectations." Jeremiah was familiar with this, thinking of how it was likely someone could see past his defenses is they were prepared for what would happen. "Though I do recall-" He looked to Pride. "There are titles, some have them, like Pax. Would something like that work in place of a True Name?" It was a thought but just that.

After all, Pride was right. They needed something that touched upon life, power, and the essence of who the people signing were.

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:09 pm
It seemed any sort of symbolic representation, creation, would required a certain effort on a part of all individuals involved. To truly capture themselves in a name or a symbol..

"It seems the level of sacrifice, memory or magic or otherwise, be great in most cases. With the blood... how much blood are we talking? Is it really so easy a thumb print?" It seemed like much less of a sacrifice in comparison.

shibrogane

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 pm
Pride shook his head. "These aren't our real names. They're monikers we picked up because introducing myself as Jennifer tended to get me ignored, you know? Some of us have cool names like Heliodora and Adoelle and Minerva. Ming and I got the short end of the common name stick.

"But it would work as a magical signature because we've used them for so long. So..."

He twirled a lock of his hair around his free hand. "A drop? You don't need much. So really, how devoted are you to using blood? And anyway--I'm not really an expert, here. You should do some research and planning of your own."

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 pm
"Yes," agreed Jeremiah, at research and planning. It was better that if they did this, it was their way- not the old ways. "You've answered the questions we had and gave us some insight." His shoulders rolled and stretched as he gave Pride a smile.

Some ideas had been reinforced, others he was already pushing aside.

"I've only one last question and we'll likely be on our way." There was a slightly serious expression on his face. "We can likely do something to stabilize your magic, a provision for you within the new Charter, but do you still want that?" The same question had been asked of Noeh who was done in so many ways. "To still be part of the process to filter the magic?"

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:41 pm
Of course the visit hadn't been about being handed a solution, but now they had a better idea of what they needed and what would work.

Alg glanced at Pride and squeezed his hand reassuringly, "You've been part of this a long time. What you want matters to us as well."

azuredreams

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 pm
Pride shook his head. "I'd rather not. I'm... I'm really old, okay? And I'm tired of always being, you know, eighteen. I want to grow up and live my life. I see the same people and they get to live their lives; why shouldn't I get the same?"

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:28 pm
"Then we will work towards that end," Jeremiah replied earnestly. Except that- "It might be complicated if you want to go back to the other side but I'll help." Documentation, if necessary, that sort of thing. Perhaps they could ... work something out but it was a bridge to cross when they got there.

"I say complicated because Jennifer Wells went missing with Minerva Mercer a few years ago and is considered dead." Not that this was the time to talk about it but- Well, Pride deserved to know what details he knew.

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:41 am
"We'll work it out.." Alg agreed with a small smile. He just hoped all of this went according to plan.

And now with Pride's input, they had a better idea about moving on towards the ultimate goal.

Alg glanced at Jeremiah, wondering if their questions were all answered, and if they should be moving along. At least Pride could get dressed, even if he'd be removing his own calming influence.

azuredreams

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:03 pm
Pride shrugged. "It's worth mentioning, I guess," he said. "Anyway, um... Thanks. For checking in with me."

iloveyouDIE
azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:56 pm
"What you want matters and ... thank you for speaking with us." Jeremiah tilted his head towards the rest of the clothing they had brought. There were a few other things in there, a jacket that would not be as big and assorted sundries. "The rest of that is all yours. May come back later to check on you but for now ... we'll leave you be."

They did, after all, have more to work with now. A small nod was given to Algie, Jeremiah's shoulders rolling as he pushed himself up to stand. His hand was offered to Algie to pull him to his feet.

A thought crossed his mind. "I doubt it is necessary but ... if something goes wrong or things get worse and you need help? I believe you can, for lack of a better word, summon me. I'll sense it and come." It was something that had been told to Noeh as well (or would be when that point is hit in that RP). "For now we'll head out."

There was work to do.

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:09 pm
Alg took his husband's hand and stood, not letting go of Pride until he absolutely had to. Of course he then fussed a second with his pants before his fingers curled around his husband's once more.

"If you need anything.." Alg said with reinforcement.

Time to go.

azuredreams

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3