[prp] over the garden wall (kim/erin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

toogay

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:47 am
"O-oh..." They were in the otherworld.

Whatever they had been doing before was lost in the dense grey fog that surrounded them. Kim blinked and turned slowly, doing their best to discern just where in the hell they were. It didn't do much good. The fog was thick and didn't allow them to see further than a few feet.

A scent caught their attention, though. A familiar one. One that reminded them of... Lee? Kim took in a deep breath through their nose and held it there for a second. Rose water. Lee would wash her face with it every morning. The scent had clung to her, always. Without even the slightest bit of their usual hesitation, Kim moved towards the smell; following it as it drifted through the wind. The fog parted for them, offering a path where there'd been none before.

It led them to a garden.

"S-sis?" They called from where they stood at the garden's edge, peering in. Of course she wasn't there. She was gone. Buried beneath the ground with nothing but a heavy slab of marble to mark her place in the earth. Was death different in the otherworld, though?

Armed with that thought, Kim stepped onto the garden path. Their heart ached with each step forward. They followed the scent of rose water, determined to find it's source.

a-disgruntled-drago

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 pm
Since the whole business with the letter about the Charter from the... fetch - she really needed to figure out what that was - Erin had found herself in other Ashdown more often. Never quite sure whether she was dreaming or if she was actually physically there, Erin always ended up in some place different. Today it happened to be a garden. Why a garden, she couldn't tell, but that was other Ashdown for you, she supposed.

Might as well make the most of the visit.

Erin followed the path, not wanting to stray too far into the mist less she never come back out of it, or something try to eat her. Still no cell reception or wifi, but she supposed that was to be expected. Couldn't hurt to try though.

(Would she only knew the wealth of power at her finger tips, Erin probably wouldn't have wandered about with her phone out, but that was neither here nor there. Nor anywhere.)

She almost didn't notice Kim until it was too late, a sudden sense of there is a person, girl, pay attention blooming in her perception a step before Kim came into full view of the fog.

What was with Erin meeting people in other Ashdown anyway...

"Oh, s**t, sorry, didn't see you there... Are you from other Ashdown or the real Ashdown? Just in case I gotta just like book it down the path so I don't get eaten or worse. Safety first," she said awkwardly, pointing behind her with a thumb. They looked safe enough, but couldn't be too sure honestly.

toogay

a-disgruntled-dragon

toogay

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:36 pm
Kim heard the other visitor before they saw her and this caused them to tense. A sort of hopeful excitement filled their stomach with butterflies at the thought that maybe- just maybe- those footsteps belonged to their sister.

But of course, they didn't. The purple-haired youth that approached them had a different voice than their sister's and when they turned to squint at her approach through the veil of mist it was with a disappointed slump of their shoulders. Beneath her gaze, they fidgeted awkwardly and dropped their eyes to the path beneath them.

"I'm, um, I'm f-from Ashdown." They said. "The r-real one." Though, to them, this one felt just as real. "I'm, um, K-kim. I'm new to all of-" They gestured around them, at the world that had swallowed them up without permission. "th-this. You're the f-first person I've run into here... well, other than um, Gloom... do you know a way back?"

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:45 am
Oh good. So a, uh, visitor then. That's what they were calling themselves now, right? Made sense she supposed. Also a nervous one, which either was actual nerves and anxiety or a speech impediment and she couldn't tell which. Probably anxiety, given the fidgeting. Was she really that scary? She hadn't considered that honestly. To be honest, Tetra was scarier as a giant cat.

"Erin, and am I that scary that you're nervous?" she asked, blunt as ever. Well done. She glanced around at the garden and shrugged. Didn't know anyone named Gloom, but that didn't mean they didn't exist. Other Ashdown was... weird. Very weird.

"Ya know... it usually just spits me back out when it's done with me. Not sure how I got here to be honest; don't usually go to gardens. Might need us here for some reason? This place is weird." Again, Erin shrugged. Things were weird.

Weird.

toogay

a-disgruntled-dragon

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas