azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:07 pm
There was a pause in the voice of the shadows, as if they had not considered that but then-

If they kept him, they got to keep him and then he'd have to play forever. Clearly, Algie's line of thinking was flawed. The living shadows did not, at all, agree if the murmurs were anything to go by.

iloveyouDIE
roll 1D6. evens, algie finds something he can work with in the shadows; odds he has to keep searching and the shadows gain on him

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:28 am
The pause was important to Alg, the pause meant thinking in the moment and not much further head or behind. The pause meant that he could, possibly, trick the shadows.

The feeling in the air also meant that it was magic here, not like ashdown, but like the other side and gave the professor near infinite possibilities. As his barrier held off most of the grabbing shadows, his hands tested the sides of the shadow corridor for weak spots where he could pass through. The floor and the walls wouldn't yield to his body, though he could always try upwards.

His bear arms did the job, testing the shadows above him as well.

Alg began to pull darklights around him. Over and over again until the area around his body was surrounded by them. Magic was then pulled as well to warp the light and for just a few moments the Professor would seem to disappear among the orbs, even if they decided to turn against him.

Until far ahead of where he'd stopped, tweed fluttered towards a shadowed wall like a break for escape.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:37 pm
Apparently the pulling of darklights distracted the shadows, as several of them darted off from underneath the shield to chase after them. There were still stubborn ones that kept pushing, however, even as the Professor seemed to disappear.

Confusion and annoyance was clear amongst the shadows, more so when it was obvious Algernon had escaped somehow. The moment he touched the shadowed wall he would come tumbling out in the alley near his shop in other ashdown.

Tendrils of shadows were still reaching for him.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:45 am
Alg hit the wall of the alley, not expecting that the shadow wall would give for him, and he flattened to it as the shadows reached. A waved hand brought a light shimmering sheild between them again.

"Let me go.." He murmured, "If you let me go I promise I'll always visit and play.. If you keep me I won't live long enough to play forever.." It was murmured and even with the sheild he reached tentatively towards some of the reaching tendrils, like a shake, or simply a trust of faith that he would keep to his word.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:28 pm
There was a distinct level of not happy that was more than a little obvious even as the shadows recoiled from the light shield that Algie had brought forth. Eventually, however, they settled and pulled back.

It was as close to a fine as they would give.

When that hand reached for shadows, this time they were more tentative and understanding. As if acknowledging the agreement. Visit and play, visit and play ...

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:42 pm
Once the shadows settled, the shield rippled away. Alg's fingers rolled lightly with the shadows, still playful but more of a promise.

"And if you need anything from me," He murmured back to them, "Just ask."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:08 pm
No shield in place, the shadows coiled around Algie's hand and wrist. Except this was more tentative, respectful even, of what had been said and what had been offered.

Eventually, however, they pulled back and settled into their more dormant state. Algie was left with the distinct impression of you promised but also that, for now, they were simply waiting on him to do something.

Even if that was leave and play later but now, at least, he had made it to the other side through the shadows.

iloveyouDIE
a wrap on my side!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas