Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] what you once knew (erin & jeremiah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:25 pm
The weather for someone that was not used to it in other ashdown was quite stable. It was, in fact, a rather sunny albeit very cloudy day for the otherwise dreary mirror of Ashdown. Jeremiah was lingering outside the library in other ashdown, eyes studying the handle and wondering if he should bother to try it.

There could be answers within.

Or more questions.

That was assuming that the place let him in. At the moment he was not trying the handle, still weighing his options.

a-disgruntled-dragon
... and, lawl, it won't let him in. or anyone else atm, really.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:23 pm
It had, in all actuality, been quite a while since Erin had set foot in other ashdown. Not since the... mansion incident, she thought? She wasn't sure if it was because the OAD had simply denied her entry, or something had happened the span of month she had no real memory that kept her out.

Or it was a damn fickle mistress screwing with her because what the hell.

So finding herself in other ashdown now, where it was decidedly not raining and instead sunny, was incredibly shocking. Erin blinked, awkwardly walking about until she came to the library. Or was guided there. She really wasn't sure how it worked, to be honest.

Yet, she wasn't alone. Standing in front of it was a familiar, if not potentially friendly, face.

She stared awkwardly at him for a good few minutes before speaking.

"You're... Jeremiah, right?"

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:33 pm
Jeremiah was, at least, aware that someone was staring but as there was no sense of danger he was not worried. The door handled wasn't tried yet, instead his hand flicking and a notebook dropping into it with a pen landed a second later.

He glanced over his shoulder once he heard her speak before he turned around. HIs eyes were bright, nearly glowing, as they focused on her. "Yes," he replied with a small, friendly smile. "Erin, isn't it?"

It had been over a year, and a world gone by, since he could honestly say he had seen her for any length of time but he had looked into most of the faces he had seen during that first, fateful encounter with Pax and Heliodora.

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:02 pm
"That's me," she said, distracted by his eyes for a moment. They were very pretty, and kinda glowed, and honestly she was a bit jealous. All she could do was vary the temperature of small things, and make things work (though she still argued the latter wasn't magic per say). She remembered Jeremiah as someone who tried to attack Pax and... other things, but the rest was hazy at best and nonexistent at worst. Which made her wonder just how much she was missing.

She was sure now that she was not of this timeline. Too many things didn't quite add up, or were subtley different.

"It doesn't rain in other Ashdown anymore, huh? Since when did that happen? Also why do you want in the library?" She tilted her head to the side curiously, after glancing at the sky again.

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:41 pm
"Honestly?" Jeremiah looked towards the library before turning back to Erin. "It is a repository of knowledge and books within, when held, can sometimes give you visions of things that have come before." Which implied he was looking for past knowledge but that was neither here nor there.

Or was it?

"It stopped raining here last year. The third of October, to be exact. It was ... a side effect of all the other things that were going on." Jeremiah paused. "You do know about that, don't you? The earthquake last year?" That was certainly one way to figure out if she was from the new world or the one that was gone.

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:43 pm
Well... yes. That's usually what libraries were there for. Erin kept herself from making that awkward comment and simply nodded. Most people nodded in these sort of situations, yeh? Yeah.

She frowned in thought, trying to think. None of that seemed to be really familiar to her. She wondered if that was a bad thing, but it did make something incredibly clear from the get-go.

Something was different.

"I... the last year has been sort of a... blur in my head. I remember meeting Heliodora, and Pax and a possessed mansion...? Then there's.... muddled things... and then a distinct feeling of being... in the wrong reality," she rambled on, worrying her thumb for a moment as she tried to bring up what she did remember.

"There was an earthquake? ... What happened last year?"

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:25 pm
"If you remember those things, then you're- We are in a different world, Erin. At least, Ashdown is a different world. Heliodora, Michael, and Adoelle - the three teenagers that went missing - all died and with their deaths the world as we know it started to fall apart. We had to fix it and in fixing it, we ended up changing worlds."

He sighed, fingers flicking briefly. "It's the easiest way to explain it because you're asking for what is months of explanation. I can give it but it would take time but I just gave you the short version."

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:42 pm
Hold the phone. Her abstract dysphoria was actually correct for once? Erin blinked at him for a long moment. Though it started to raise questions in her head. How could just Ashdown be in a different world? Did it exist out of the main timeline or universe? Did people outside the town run into a barrier a la Once Upon a Time and simply couldn't find the town or its existence? What happened if you'd been out traveling when the world was fixed?

Did the other world even exist anymore?

"I... so... the world fell apart? So it doesn't exist anymore? Or did we just fix Ashdown? And why did their deaths tie to the existence of the world? " she all sort of blurted out at once. Erin scratched her cheek and glanced up at the library for a moment.

"... If the world changed... then why do I not remember the last year, and why do my memories of some people differ from what they remember?" she asked quietly, glancing him with a concerned expression.

"In short... I'll take the long version."

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:08 pm
"The long version is long. You remember Heliodora? The Sigil that was everywhere in other ashdown?" The sword, the crown, the stars. "Heliodora, Michael, and Adoelle - the three that went missing - were the physical representations of the Sigil- the Principals. They, along with two others, created a cage that bound and locked away the magic of an individual and completely changed the shape of the world.

"With their deaths, the world started to fall apart due to the tears that were created." Jeremiah let out a breath, studying Erin. "I can't tell you why your memories are faulty or why you don't remember some things. The fact is that if you can remember the world before, that's where you're from. We tried to fix the tears, to stop the world from breaking, and in the process moved ourselves to an entirely new one. This world - or rather the world Ashdown is in - is not the world we're from originally. After all, magic was not exactly a known quantity and it is now."

a-disgruntled-dragon

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff