azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:19 pm
Her phone was ringing. It was most definitely not something Erin was familiar with. At least, it wasn't likely the ringtone that she had set for anyone that she knew about.

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:38 pm
The sound coming from her phone startled the giant cat on her lap, then startling her because who was calling her on her day off? She yelped as Tetra used her chest as a launch pad with her claws, and flailed around for the device making the sound.

She had no idea what the song was, just that she'd never set it as her ring tone.

Moreover... why was it his ringtone?

"...Cid?" she asked tentatively, holding the phone to her ear. He didn't... usually call her, did he?

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 pm
"Who else would it be?" Cid replied immediately. "Unless there's someone else you know who obsessively makes sure there's some variation of a Sailor Moon song playing every time he calls someone?" A pause. "Don't answer that. I was actually calling to ask you for a favor."

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm
"I don't usually... Okay," she said, blinking at the phone for a moment. He usually made his ringtone Sailor Moon references in people's phones? While she certainly found Cid odd, that wasn't what she knew of him.

She waited half a second before replying.

"... What kind of favor?" She asked, only slightly concerned.

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:04 pm
There was silence.

It was telling.

"... so I kind of need someone to watch Trill for Wendy and me. Our usual babysitters are unavailable for one reason or another. I know you aren't really alright with small fries," as in babies or toddlers, "but is there any chance you'd be willing to watch him for us?"

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:12 pm
"I mean I gue---- Wait SINCE WHEN DID YOU HAVE KIDS?!" Erin reached a volume so loud, Tetra went sprinting off into the kitchen as fast as her giant paws could take her. She was pretty sure she'd probably broken his eardrum but that didn't matter because the Cid she remembered definitively did not have kids.

Also he was married, but she wasn't sure if he'd always been married or if this was a recent development.

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Cid had to lean away from the phone, the screech of Erin's voice making his ear ring. He was rubbing it as he switched the phone to the other ear. "Are you serious? You were like- I mean, I know I haven't seen you around in a bit, but Trill's practically a toddler now. You've taken pictures of him! Don't you remember when we dressed him up as a lalafell?"

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:58 pm
Erin did not remember this. She would remember dressing up a small infant as a potato. Lalafell were some of the most adorable characters and of course infants should be dressed up as them. She thought about it for a moment and, tried to remember a small child of Cid's.

Nothing. Nope. She remembered no child.

Cid didn't seem to be kidding though, and to be fair, the last year was sort of a... blur to Erin. It was completely possible she had in fact seen this small child and dressed him up as a lalafell.

"... The last year's kinda a... blur in my memory.. My uh..." she said, glancing across the way to a bottle of anti-anxiety medication she hadn't taken but clearly had a prescription for. "Anxiety meds mess with my memory sometimes.

"So... why do you want me to baby sit your toddler again?
"

Another clue that Erin was not quite... right.

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:53 pm
Cid was quiet a moment, as if considering what Erin said. "I guess ..." What the hell was going on? Erin wasn't the first one that he had talked to that seemed to forget things but he was just going to let it go.

"Tonight? In a few hours? I mean, you can access to the flat and do whatever. Trill should sleep the entire time we're gone but you never know." It was the fact it was kind of last minute that it was a favor. People had things they wanted to do and so on.

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:31 pm
Okay Erin, clearly you've done this for him before, you and Trill - he named his son Trill, really? - get along, and Cid trusts you with the kid. No big deal. Besides, the kid should sleep the whole time, so its not like you have to actually be an adult here. Did she have anything going on that night? Besides looking up shader code and trying to build her own render engine for the hell of it, not really. In theory, she could do that in his flat while the kid slept. And if Trill did wake up, she was sure there was a selection of Disney movies to put on and playing with toddlers was like playing with a cat right? Like, just dangle some toys so they could bat at them and maybe play some peak a boo and tickle.

Yeah.

Sure.

"Uh, yeah that's fine," said Erin, sounding only slightly unconvinced. "In return ya owe me a favor of the black market part variety."

Her services did not come free, okay. Especially with tiny children involved.

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:28 pm
"Uh ..." Cid sounded uncertain but relieved at the same time. "Well, name your favor of the black market variety but please note that I do not deal in magitech - not anymore - and organs - also not anymore." The last bit was said jokingly. For the most part.

"Is this something you want before you come over to sit for the evening?"

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:32 am
Damn, she would have enjoyed getting some magitech out of him. No matter. "Nothing that's time sensitive. Actually been looking for some boards circa the early 90s; I got a old dead unit in the shop that I'm determined to fix, but we don't have any old motherboards or chipsets and I can't finagle the new stuff to work in the case," she told him.

"The more intact the better, but if it's missing parts I can hodgepodge 'em together. Been working on my board repairs."

azuredreams

a-disgruntled-dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:39 pm
"Uh ..." Cid was quiet for a time before he finally spoke again. "I might actually still have some of my old stuff from when I was younger? You can have a look at that when you come over, it's in the storage room, but I can also see what I can find. It might take a couple weeks, if that's the case. That cool?"

a-disgruntled-dragon

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff