[?] The Conference (Main Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:43 pm
    Temperance spoke up, and Beel's attention was slowly drawn over to her direction. He was gathering his thoughts when Silk spoke up again, and in that moment his expression went slack, his empty eye sockets looking towards Shiloh and then to Jamie and then all around the room, as if to say what? He seemed to be buzzing with a strange energy—excitement? Or...

"I consulted with Shiloh about this prior to the meeting." He spoke quietly, voice rough like gravel. After a moment he decided to snag an unused seat from the were table to situate himself next to Temperance, as she seemed to be the only one asking questions, besides the fact that the fate of the charter seemed to have been sealed. It wasn't as if others couldn't listen in if they wanted anyway. "But, if you insist on questioning..."

He took a long breath. "You must understand, that as far as fetches go, I'm quite young." There was emphasis on the word; sure, Beel still probably exceeded the life of any normal human, but he hadn't been around since the inception like Silk. "The life I led as a human is blurry, but fresh enough that I crave it voraciously. It isn't to say that I dislike being a fetch, but would you not miss what you once had?" His head tilted to the side. "The Court is my home now—our home, if you will—to see it utterly torn down is worrisome. I care deeply for those that have my respect here, and it's very true that not everyone of my kind wishes to return to your world."

"It's difficult to answer what I would want for the position of other fetches, considering that my opinions do not necessarily line in with everyone else's. I would implore that, in whatever remake of the charter it's decided upon, that there still remains a place here in the Otherworld for us, be it tied to the Court or not." At his next thought, his expression fell slightly, "Even if it were possible to return to a human life, I imagine it would be difficult to make it seamless. The necessity of documentation, the fact that it's been some time since any of us set foot outside of the Court... there is a reason that we replace someone, rather than take an entirely new identity. The trials gave us our opportunity—should we prove ourselves able enough."

There was the implication there that Beel evidently wasn't.

"But I suppose it is true, to an extent." He went on, "That I've changed since serving Beaumont. I love my Lady above all things, but I have trust in my friend too, even if he tends to be a hard headed idiot the majority of the time."

"I'm right here." Shiloh mumbled from the other end of the table.

"Was there anything else you wanted to ask?" He had his hands folded neatly in front of him as he pointedly ignored Shiloh.

The Semblance of Unity
late but hi it's fetch

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:29 am
"Ah, Lara?" Nasir was looking towards her because, well- She might know things about wargs. "If it's not too forward to ask, could you tell me how long you've been a warg? And would you mind if I talked to you later? Outside of this conference. I'm wanting to gather as much knowledge as I can about these abilities we have."

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 pm
"I understand," she said. To her, it sounded like the promise of a returning phantom limb. It was gone, but remembered, and that memory coupled with want... "I know that your opinions are solely yours - I plan on speaking to some others as well. I don't think a decision about you and other fetches' situations should be made without consult. It wouldn't be fair." Temperance chewed her lip and painstakingly took small notes with her left hand. They were just barely legible.

"Would you like to remain tied to the court? And, if there was another way, should some way of human opportunity be kept?" She noticed that Beel called Shiloh 'friend', and that was somewhat heartening. Not that she expected any such word from fetches to her. She kind of desperately wanted to ask him if he knew Hart and what she was like.

melancholies

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:01 pm
"There are those among the fetches who have studied the Charter and could recreate it," said Silk. "And we will be reaching out to the greatest authority we know." She closed her eyes again. "As for how we will do it without a human anchor... We will burn that bridge when we get there.

"As far as why? Their thoughts, what they built into its creation? Those are likely lost to time. Odal and myself are the only remaining fetches from that time, and neither of us was present. You would have to seek out the ones called the deer triplets, and even they may not remember. It has been a very long time."

Lara said, "Um, a year or two now? I'm rather busy, but if you have questions, I'll try?"

The Semblance of Unity
azuredreams

Quote:
Sorry for the wait! Wrap and Next Steps Post coming next!

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:06 pm
Silk cleared her throat. "We can go no further this evening," she said. "We must decide upon the shape of the new Charter or if we will even be recreating one before we can go any further. As such, you are welcome to leave if you choose to. I will be here for any further questions until my duties call me away. Dessert will be served shortly, for those who wish to partake.

"What you need to do in order to ensure that this new Charter does not end the way the old did is to think of all the things you want, consider the consequences, and decide what is acceptable. That which you find unacceptable, you may counteract in the casting. Those of you who consent will be part of the eventual casting; be prepared with your thoughts.

"We will reconvene in early June. Please watch for our letter."

With that, Silk stepped away from the podium, and went to stand by her whiteboard.

AMItotic
Lily
lizbot
America
Melancholies
Shiloh and Ollie
saedusk
Jamie
Smerdle
Rabbit
The Semblance of Unity
Preacher&Horace&Temperance