Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:48 am
Aleksy didn't smile or laugh or anything. Instead he nodded like this was the most sensible thing he'd ever heard. Because it was. He had had similar not-dates with Finn before deciding that they were dates. Clearly his life goal was now to be a good wingman; not for the possibility of a job, but because holy s**t, the not-date ghetto was real. "Do you know their favorite flower," he asked, going over his low-scent flowers in his head. "You are exactly in time for dahlias. I have early blooms, so they are small, but they are still lovely."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:46 pm
He was relieved that Aleksy didn't say a word about how awkward he and his not-date thing was. Then again, the man was a professional... Horace remainded grateful, regardless.

"Ah, dahlias are pretty - do they have a small sort of smell?" He paused. "Uh... also, he's got cats and... there's a dog. I know poinsettias are poisonous, are other flowers?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:43 pm
"Ah, no dahlias then," said Aleksy. "They're poisonous to cats and dogs both. Only if consumed, but better to be secure than to have to pay the vet bills." He nodded to himself, scanned the pre made arrangements on display. Nothing there that was both safe for animals and relatively scentless. "It will have to be daisies," he said, more to himself than Horace. "Gerbera, maybe."

He puttered into the back for a moment, and then thought of another question. "Do you want an arrangement in a vase or a bouquet," he asked, black eyes narrowed slightly as he thought.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:25 pm
"Daisies are nice," he said. Maybe he was doing too much... But no, no this was a date practice so that Oliver and Elliot could charm each other. It would work out.

He rubbed the shaved side of his head. His hair had been parted to cover it, since he was here on work, but it felt weird. Nugget was up swooping around somewhere; he'd caught a bug. "Um, a bouquet, I think. I think he's got a vase at home." He paused. "Tell me flowers are still a first not-a-date thing."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:10 am
Aleksy nodded, and disappeared into the back again.

When he emerged, he had a small bouquet in his hands. It was more of a posy, really. The arrangement would neatly fill a pint glass and look like it'd been made for it. "It is a not-date," said Aleksy. "Not too showy. But showy enough to show you care, yes?" He had bound the stems in a wrap of white ribbon; it played off the sunny yellow gerbera daisies and the softer green and rose of the succulents. "Succulents can be planted, if his thumb is green. Daisies are safe for animals. So is this greenery." He arched an eyebrow at Horace. "Does it suit?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:03 pm
"Ah, damn," he said. "That looks perfect. I'm not sure about how green his thumb is, but his housemate might try." Horace reached over and fingered a succulent. It was fresh-looking, and not overmuch. His delight showed in his face.

"I think he will love it." He grinned. "How much do I owe you?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:06 pm
Aleksy named his price. It was a fair price, which was what mattered. He rang Horace up and completed the transaction. "Come by again soon," he said. "I would enjoy to hear how this turns out."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:22 am
Horace nodded, and tipped him an additional twenty-five dollars, too. "It's... it's just a practice date," he mumbled. "But if he likes this, I'll come back for me. Thanks, Aleksy. I'll pass your information along to our funeral head, as well." Horace took a deep breath and smiled before turning around to head out.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:04 pm
Aleksy thought, uh-huh, yeah, sure it is. But he just smiled. "Of course," he said. "Best wishes to you, Horace.

"And do not forget your bat."

The Semblance of Unity
This is a fin

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out