iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:22 am
"Well from what I understand most of the wargs we know of right now were bonded with wild animals.." The bird wargs definitely. He was even positive that Nasir's squirrel hadn't been a pet before hand. "But there is some measure of care and making sure they are safe."

Violetta leaned for pets and purred, standing and stretching as she got the idea. She was of course a bit smarter than the average cat. After a slooooow lazy stretch she sniffed at the air and began to walk. Alg motioned to her and followed.

"Well I hope it's not a problem," The magic, "for your home life. Remember if you need safe space to reach out to me. I'll give you my number."

grey dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:42 pm
Making sure they were safe, that was what Nasir had emphasized too. It must be scary sometimes, for the people who couldn't bring their critters inside with them, hoping they were okay out there in the wild. Kaleb was just naturally a ball of worry, a friendly wild animal would certainly come with it's own concerns.

"Thank you, very much!" Kaleb exclaimed, trailing along beside Algernon with Violetta in the lead. The existence of the listserv seemed to suggest there was quite the magical community in Ashdown, but the freckled teen was still very touched to receive the offer of assistance.

"Everything is pretty good right now, it's not really that worrisome. My roommate mostly goes about his own business and I spend most of my time out anyway... I do miss having the room to myself though..." Kaleb smiled wistfully, remembering the long hours of silence that didn't involve enthusiastic cello playing.

iloveyouDIE

Grey Dragon

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 am
Alg, as they walked, had gone into his pocket and produced a silver card case. He offered Kaleb a business card. It was for the bookstore but in the bottom corner did say Prof. Algernon Mercer, owner, as well as both a cell phone number and the number of the shop.

"Good, I'm glad. But you never know," Alg agreed. "I'm interested in the way you see and sense magic as well-" It wasn't a onse sided interest, "So even if you just want to talk magic or ask questions. Don't be shy."

Violetta seemed to have found a doorway and passing under an arch, disappeared. Alg motioned for Kaleb to go ahead first. They would appear back in the bookstore, this time in the 'Baby's First-' book section (which thankfully was deserted).

grey dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:01 pm
Telling Kaleb to not be shy was a bit of a lost cause, but with every number added to his growing address book he had fewer excuses to let it get in his way. It would be even easier to reach out to someone else knowing they had their own interests he could help with.

"Thank you," he said again, tucking the card in his bag like something precious.

Once they were closer to a doorway, Kaleb was able to feel it's telltale void intruding at the very edges of his perception. There was definitely something reassuring about being able to sense the way home. Kaleb slipped ahead after the cat, and blinked at the rapid transition from run down old atmosphere to cozy bookstore.

The sense of magic disappeared the moment he stepped through the portal.

iloveyouDIE

Grey Dragon

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:29 am
In the quiet of the bookstore once more, the Professor seemed much more comfortable and less on alert. It was clear what his element was and since Kaleb had been given a run down he gave him a smile.

"Be careful.." A nod, "And I hope you find what you're looking for."

grey dragon
sorry for delay but consider this a wrap post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:12 pm
Kaleb nodded, briefly wondering if he even knew what he was looking for.

"Thank you, again," he said, and waved one hand in goodbye. Algernon would probably see him again tomorrow, perhaps pouring over a magical book that wasn't entirely trash.

iloveyouDIE
Thank you, it's a wrap! <3

Grey Dragon

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out