Reply Alternia RP
[BATT] From Zero (Keionx + Tevini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
starting from scratch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:48 pm
Tonight was going to be one of the worst nights of her life.

Bracing herself, Tevini approached her destination with dread. Cerpin had recommended she come here for some help in combat training. The idea was to get her fear under control so she wouldn't accidentally slice someone to ribbons again when in the heat of things. Well, unless she meant to do it. The redblood cringed at the idea though. She wasn't good with blood and pain.

"Is anyone home?" Finally she'd reached the entrance and raised a hand to knock, albeit on the quiet side. If she was lucky, she'd have just missed Cerpin's coach, and could go home!

But Tevini should've known by now. She was never lucky.

DraconicFeline
one wimp to go, please!

Doutei

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:54 pm
Luckily or perhaps UNluckily, Keionx was home. And decent. And fresh from her stretches. And ready to go.

Hearing a quiet knock at her door, she lifted her head from her current stretch.

"Tis open!" she called, standing up and doing one last final back stretch before turning to see who it was.

"Ah!" it was Cerpin's friend. Or friend? Either way, the redblood he was affiliated with. "Thou art... Tevini, yes? She'd been meaning to say hello, offer her training because Cerpin did seem motivated when he talked about this girl, but fate did what it did. Here was her chance.

"How can I help thee?

(Edited because i lost the original post)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:39 pm
"Um... hello. Could I come in?" Tevini wrung her hands nervously as she peeked inside. She didn't really know Keionx personally but had heard many things about her. She wondered what Keionx had heard back. Cerpin had no filter, after all. Hopefully he hadn't griped about her to the orangeblood too much as to make a bad impression.

"I realize this is rather sudden but I heard you've been training my partner. It seems to be working." The redblood explained, stepping inside. She tried to keep her voice from fading as it normally did. Tevini was not comfortable asking people for things like this. Usually she left that job for Cerpin to do for her. This felt foreign.

"I got to thinking and, well, I was hoping you might help train me too..." Scrawny and easily frightened, the redblood was a big project to take on. Not to mention the additional challenge that she hadn't even mentioned yet. It still felt unreal to think of incorporating her discovered powers into her life like this.

DraconicFeline
super sorry about the wait!

Doutei

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:28 pm
Doutei
emotion_kirakira

She had heard many things from Cerpin. Whining and complaining, but also... respect? Others said similar things. Keionx preferred to form her own opinions and, from what Keionx could see, Tevini was shy.

She was pleased to hear someone elses assessment of her student - of course he was doing well! She worked him! Hard! But to have someone else achknowledge it, to come and ask her for training, to be inspired by her work...

Keionx was beaming.

"Of course!" she said gleefully, clapping her hands together, "'Twould be delighted to train thee! Though - I warn thee..." her expression became, briefly, serious. "'Twill not be easy, training with me. I will work thee hard, as I do with Cerpin." and herself, "I will not let thee come to harm in training, but thou wilt be tired, and thou wilt be pushed to thine limit. That is how you become stronger. If thou art willing to try that..." her smile broke through hopefully, barely repressed, "Then I will do my best to train thee."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:40 pm
"I art- am willing." Tevini stumbled in her affirmation of wanting to take Keionx's trials on. Her face flushed and she hoped the orangeblood wouldn't get mad and think she'd been mocking her. Tevini was just very socially awkward.

"I'd like to start as soon as possible." The redblood added. She felt a sense of urgency to learn to better fight, not just to protect herself but to face some of her fears more head on. It was not a secret that Tevini was easily spooked and weak against physical threats and could be chased away by the mere probability of facing them. It was pathetic and cowardly, something she used to pride herself on. There was some wisdom in recognizing certain fights were unwinnable and she should flee. There were also fights she knew she could not run from. Biting her lip, the engineer knew she needed a bit of tough love, someone to push her when she inevitably would try to give up. She had courage and she had determination, but she also had moments of weakness. Hopefully Keionx wouldn't let her quit when the time came.

"When's a good time for you?"

DraconicFeline
feel free to drag her to whatever training grounds keionx has! tevini's too nervous to suggest starting right now on her own! little scaredy cat! XDDD

Doutei

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:35 pm
Quote:
Keionx
HP: 20/20

Damage taken: -
Damage dealt: -

Military Grade Weapon: 1d6+1

Shield - Adept Defense B Artifact: Nullify 2/2
---

"Right now does well!" Keionx said cheerfully. She was ready to do some training, and why not? She would have been doing something physical anyway, and it might as well be this! Training was, after all, more fun than building.

She put her sword and shield on her back. It was but a moment - she was already wearing some armor, and she didn't anticipate needing THAT much for a spar in the swamp. Plus, it was hot.

"Off we goeth, to the training field!" Keionx moved very fast - and determinedly, out the door, over the bridges, and to the muddy tree'd area that served as her training round. By now, the small riparian bank of not-squishy-mudland was well trodden and scarred from use in sparring and fight practice. It was a solid bit of ground in a not very solid place, and Keionx did love it so.

"Okay." Keionx said, making sure that everything was well. She turned to Tevini and let the girl take a moment to catch her breath. She'd tried not to let the girl fall behind, but there was only so much that Keionx could slow down and, besides, it was a good warm up for her new potential student.

"When thou art ready..." she settled into an easy battle stance, "Come at me. I want to see what thou can do."

Doutei
GO FOR IT

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:51 pm
Quote:
Damage: 0
Novice Offensive Style B: 1/1
Tevini is using her telekinesis!
novice offensive style B 2d6 Deal double damage on this attack, 1x per battle. 1 ongoing damage for all turns after.

Struggling to keep up, Tevini flushed at just how out of shape she was. Keionx was moving fast, sure, but the redblood was aware that she was also moving slow. The disparity between them was embarrassingly noticeable. When they arrived Tevini was impressed at how worn the area was. Not in a bad way but rather it definitely showed signs of use. Keionx had tested it and managed to make it a usable space!

"Okay." She nodded at Keionx's order to attack. Pulling out her nail gun, she took a deep breath. It was scary to try and hurt another troll and scary to know that she'd be hurt back. It was something she'd have to get used to. The battles ahead were only going to get worse.

"I'm still new to this. Sorry if I scream." She added an apologetic disclaimer. Tevini didn't expect Keionx to go easier on her for it, just rather she didn't want to alarm the orangeblood if she burst into frightened tears. She'd asked for this, it wasn't anything the swordmaster would be doing wrong. With that, she lifted her gun and began to shoot nails at her, aim a little unsteady as she tried to move in a circle around the knight.

DraconicFeline

Doutei

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 pm
Quote:
Keionx

Damage taken: 0
Damage dealt: 0

---

Scream? But... why? "All right." Keionx said. She'd try to be ready for whatever her new student (hopefully) might throw her way.

A nail gun. A gun that shot nails. How terrifying. Keionx thought frankly - it was an unnerving weapon. She lifted her shield to block the unusual shot, hearing the metal clink off of her shield.

"Those 'Twern't bad shots." Keionx complemented, "Thy stance is good - keep moving - yes, very good." she said encouragingly. She was getting the feeling that Tevini would need it.

Doutei

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:21 pm
Quote:
Damage: 2
novice offensive style B 2d6 Deal double damage on this attack, 1x per battle. 1 ongoing damage for all turns after.

It was comforting to know Keionx had the reflexes to handle her bullets. Encouraged by the steady and firm voice, Tevini continued to fire shots, trying to keep her aim from wobbling everywhere. She’d shot her gun before but rarely tried to actually hurt anyone at this point. Usually her goal was to scare her opponent and then flee. That wasn’t going to work forever, she knew, as the rebels moved forward with their plans. She didn’t want to drag the group down.

"I- ah…" The redblood flushed as she realized that while she was aiming at Keionx, she kept aiming straight at her shield. The orangeblood had probably noticed too by this point. Determined to show she was honestly trying to improve she pointed her gun lower.

"How’s that!" Tevini aimed at Keionx’s feet. The idea was to try and cripple her opponent or at least force them to move. She wasn’t sure if it was the most efficient idea, though, with her long range weapon. Hopeful that Keionx would give her honest feedback, she continued at it, and took a second to reload her weapon.

DraconicFeline

Doutei

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:23 pm
Quote:
Keionx
HP: 18/20

Damage taken: 2
Damage dealt: 5

---

It took Kei a moment to realize that the reason that the shots were so easy to block because they were aimed at her shield. It was a big target - and actually not a bad one for target practice in general. But not what she was hoping for.

Before she could bring it up to Tevini and somehow coax her to actually aim at her person, however, the redblood did so. Good - she could try. Half of heroing was trying, after all.

Keionx dodged, though the nails would have probably struck her armored boots, it was good to not have that happen. "Good. The feet tis a good idea - making thy opponent move forces energy to be spent in movement." she called, making herself a more mobile target, "Always, thy should note, the feet are least mobile when the head is distracted." she added, "And the head is least mobile when the feet doth move." The body, however, did not follow that rule - and she demonstrated it as she went in for a strike - mostly hoping that the girl would dodge so she could see how she did it.

Doutei

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:39 pm
Quote:
HP: 15/20
Damage: 1

""

xxDraconicFeline

Doutei

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas