[PRP] tampered path (chester & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:43 pm
"Do you need to sit down?" He should probably change the subject as well. "Tell me about... your favorite cop movie." Chester looked disappointed in his choice of alternate discussion topic. He also looked a bit more uncomfortable than usual as he debated whether or not to pat Jeremiah on the back.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pm
"No," his voice was a little hoarse, "and it's Hot Fuzz at the moment." Another few breaths and his color returned to at least somewhat normal. "Anything but that topic," his voice caught (and he meant about the Principals), but he continued on, "if you please."

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 pm
"Good choice." And honestly, one of the only ones he'd seen, which was terribly convenient.

"I won't ask anything else." Even if that display had made him want to question even more. What sort of magic could make someone flip out like that over the mere mention of a couple of people they weren't even speaking of by name?

Unfortunately, Chester's mind went kind of one-track after that, and he let out an eloquent, "So, uh..." as he shifted his bag once more.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 pm
"You can just not about that," Jeremiah breathed a little easier, a sigh escaping. "There are things-" His fingers flickered. "There are things known as geas. They can be placed on people."

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:02 pm
"A geas. I see." And he did. The term was familiar thanks to his not-so-secret love of the fantasy genre, but he hadn't thought he'd ever meet someone who was under the influence of one. It was not how he had imagined it would be. "I'm sorry."

Chester finally drew out a small notepad and a pen, scribbling down a few next steps before he lost what he was supposed to be doing in favor of wikiing the how-tos of contractual magic. "Okay, so, America, Eve, Sonny. A library. And then I'll report back."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:58 pm
"Not exactly how I imagined a geas to work but-" Jeremiah shrugged. His own love of high fantasy had him imagining them differently. This was not a quest, not some grand purpose, but-

No, he pushed the thought away.

"You still have my number, don't you? If you have any other questions you can get ahold of me that way." His fingers flexed and stretched. "Do you have an easy way back to the other side?"

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:14 pm
"Yes, I have your number. No, I don't have an easy way home." That had never been a problem really, not for someone who cherished every second this world decided it wanted him here, or at least the seconds it didn't see fit to dress him in something embarrassing and ridiculous. But today, he kind of wanted to get started, even if he still wasn't quite sure exactly how he was going to do that.

"I'd appreciate your help."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:42 pm
"I can get you back over without a problem then. You just have to stand closer to me." Jeremiah's shoulders rolled as he spoke to Chester. "Is there a particular place you need to be?"

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:02 am
"Somewhere near Rider-Waite? As close as you can get, that is." He was reminded of his meeting with the creepier Jeremiah, and while he was sure that had been a nobility thing and not some sort of environmental trigger, he didn't want to tempt fate. "I have a couple of things I should get done."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:16 pm
"There's a quiet corner of the quad I can drop you off at. I try to avoid going into the actual building itself out of propriety." Even though it was a publicly owned building, Jeremiah gestured for Chester to step closer.

"It can be a little disconcerting for someone else when I bring them along but that's because suddenly being someplace you weren't just a moment before."

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:58 am
"All right," he said, moving shoulder to shoulder with Jeremiah and bracing his feet. Disorienting or not, he couldn't help but be excited by the prospect of teleportation.

"I'm ready when you are."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:11 pm
Jeremiah gave him a small nod. It was all the warning there was because for him it was as easy as breathing. For Chester, it was simply a matter of blinking. When his eyes opened back up after a blink, they were in a quiet alcove of the Rider-Waite quad.

There was a little bit of a residual brighter-than-normal glow to the silver-haired man's eyes as well as a slight chill to the air around them but they were very clearly in Ashdown.

"Here we are," he said with a roll of his shoulders.

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:17 pm
The act itself might have been fairly anticlimactic, lacking in the spinning vortexes and nausea he'd imagined, but he still grinned as he opened his eyes on the other side.

"Here we are," he repeated. Chester looked around, rubbing his arms against the minor chill as he got his bearings. It didn't take long for him to figure out where he was, and once he had he turned back to Jeremiah with a nod.

"Thank you. That must be convenient."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:24 pm
"Extremely given that I can take people with me besides not just being limited to and from other ashdown." It was a freeing ability even if it only seemed to work within the confines of Ashdown. It saved him trouble and enabled him to help people more.

A small, reassuring smile was given to Chester.

"Feel free to give me a call if you need any assistance or need to get somewhere that might be hard to get to."

Smerdle
a wrap on your next post? they can meet again later ~

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 am
"I will." But only after he'd exhausted his own means of getting where he needed to be. He was not about to use the chief of police as some sort of magical Uber, no matter how entertaining the thought.

"I appreciate you speaking with me, as always. I'm sorry if I was... terse, but it's been a lot to process." He always seemed to leave conversations with Jeremiah far more confused than he entered them. "I'll get in touch if I have any news."

Chester straightened his jacket, and with a nod of farewell, started across the quad.

azuredreams
all the fins <3
i'll see about grabbing you again after his trip to the library
or maybe i'll wait a bit because i'm about to start a rabbit/whaler thing in a few days and i don't want to kill you with tag

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff