Submit

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:08 pm
Ashton's tail stayed low, subdued; the tip flicked back and forth, but his tail stayed pressed close to his legs, ears pressed back. He looked tired, and nervous, but there was a calculating glint to his eyes -- it was probably just the little changes that came with being a wolverine, right? It meant nothing, overall, nothing.

"I was infected at Blackfriars, actually. Not in this new world, but -- well. You know." He laughed, a little nervously, running a hand through his hair. "I wouldn't want to be rude to my newfound savior, so -- I'm Ashton. Or Jack, depending on the day."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:32 pm
    Oliver shrugged, "It sounds corny when you put it that way." He said this plainly, matter-of-factly, apparently not put off by Ashton's sheer nervousness. Oliver was definitely a creature of anxiety, but when other participating members were just as anxious, it... helped him keep together, in some weird awkward way.

"But really, it's no problem." You look like s**t anyway is what he wanted to say, but he kept it to himself. A merciful one, that Oliver Beaumont. "Anyway, it's kinda weird talking in an alleyway at midnight. Someone'll prolly see us and wanna call the cops or something." He rifled around in his pocket for a phone. "Do you have a ride home?"

He had Elliot, of course, now that he knew his roommate was completely fine with who he was. Rather, what he was. Never mind the fact that he had apparently known the entire time.

Daekie

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:45 pm
(It was all fake, was the thing; Ashton was very good at reading people, and as soon as Oliver had shifted back to human he'd seen the native nervousness in the other boy's posture and reacted accordingly. Annoyed and tired? Yes. But there was no anxiety there, in truth, just a fatalistic sort of acceptance that this was what his life was now. All he was doing was making Oliver comfortable, what was wrong with that?)

"I normally walk home -- it's not too hard. This is..." Ashton grimaced - "darker than it usually is, though. I lost track of time earlier, so I had to rush to get in - normally I'm not in pajamas. Normally I have my phone, or I go in with pack. It's normally not like this."

(That, however, wasn't an act. He was -- tired. Very, very tired. He hadn't slept the night before, and it showed on his face.)

"I try not to take Ubers or anything like this. Not if I'm not in an outfit where I can't hide it."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:45 pm
    "Me neither..." Oliver admittedly slowly. Actually, he usually went in with Jamie, but he had said he needed to follow up on a call for his junior ranger thing. He didn't have any doubts that he didn't make it in alright though; Jamie had been at this longer than he had. "My roommate knows about magic and moonwalkers and all that sort of bullshit. He usually grabs me if I come out somewhere that isn't close..." Which, he was in an alleyway, and by not entirely sure of his surroundings.

Oliver was perky, but that was only because it was dark. Being a nocturnal creature had its perks, but he knew he'd slam face first into a wall the second the sun reared its ugly head.

"I can ask if he could give you a ride too." He offered amiably. Pack had to look out for pack anyway, unless you were ********. His nose had healed, but his soul hadn't. "Unless you live close by." He was hammering things out on his phone, the object held awkwardly in his clawed-hands. Texting was difficult with longer nails, he'd have you know. Also it felt disgusting when your sense of touch was exemplified ten-fold.

He took the chance to skirt past Ashton—carefully—to peek outside of the alleyway. The coast looked clear...

Daekie

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:46 pm
Ashton was quiet throughout Oliver's speaking, nodding when it was appropriate. "If you're sure," he laughed, quiet and breathy, and put his knuckles to his mouth in apparent embarassment; "I don't want to impose. I suppose I could just turn back into a wolverine and kick trashcans over like the world's most dangerous raccoon until I know where I am, but...well." Another short, little embarrassed laugh, and it was kind of adorable, to be honest. Nothing like his earlier barks, in full animal form.

"You look kind of uncomfortable...do you want me to text for you?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:42 am
    Ollie narrowed his eyes, "You wouldn't have to worry about that title. I'm already filling the raccoon void around here, no need for any other fuel to the fire." He did laugh though, just a little bit. He still kinda hated being a trash vermin, but it was a little funny at times.

"Anyway, it's okay, I can text." He continued to do so, delicately, "It's um, you know how the moon heightens your senses? Raccons have really sensitive hands." It felt like a guilty relief to explain this to someone and have them potentially understand. "It makes touching things absolutely disgusting, but I'm tired of having to delicately prod around things when I'm like this." A sigh, "Can't get over it until I make myself."

He still didn't sound happy about it.

He dimmed his phone after a moment, putting it to sleep. "He should come around in like ten minutes or so." He ducked back into the alley now that he knew the street they were on. "He waits up for me, so he'll see the text really quick."

Daekie

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:01 am
Ashton just nodded, sympathetically, and said nothing else; his lips twitched upwards in a tired smile. He had no solutions to Oliver's problems, and thus he wouldn't offer any when they would indefinitely be wrong. Ashton, of course, was never wrong in any way, shape or form that anyone could explicitly prove unless he wanted to be, and it was important he remained that way -- and, thus. Nothing to say.

"I'm not sure what to talk about," he said quietly, fidgeting with his fingers. "But I'm glad you found me. I would have been there for a while, otherwise."

Melancholies
fade to black on yours?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 am
    Ollie perked up, "It's fine, I'm really bad at small-talk anyway." And then he shrugged like there wasn't much he could do about it, but also in a way that suggested it wasn't a very big deal. Oliver was fine with comfortable silences even though he knew those had a tendency to bother other people.

"Are you a cat or a dog person?" He popped the question suddenly, head tilted to the side, "I mean, I have both. Here." He lit his phone back up to show off pictures of his two cats, Chai and Nosey respectively, both polar opposites of one another.

Which was to say, Chai was a long haired munchkin and Nosey was the most spindly black-cat to ever walk the face of the earth.

And he was content to ramble about that for however long, because if there was one thing that could get Oliver talking it was his precious babies, or music, or school, or... maybe a plethora of things, but he was content to fill the void with words nonetheless.

Daekie
FTB DONE TY 4 RP SORRY I TOOK SO LONG AT TIMES LOL

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items