iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 am
"As far as this doorway? No. We should end up in Ashdown. Hopefully not far from where we started but sometimes it ah.. what's the word-" He was so old (but not really), "-sometimes it trolls you."

He could bring up the rear, though thankfully there was nothing sinister that he could see lurking. Not even an othergull to be wary of.

"As far as the world? There's always a deeper rabbit hole." It wasn't necessarily encouraging but there was a gravity to his words, that he'd Seen Things. He certainly believed what he was saying was the truth.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 am
"So this won't be the one doorway that decides to dump me somewhere into Other-Other Ashdown. Got it." Albeit felines typically had a good sense about that as well. They were usually skittish creatures in the face of danger. She'd see about being 'trolled' though. Cassandra would prepare herself for anything.

"I'm sure there is. Just making sure I'm not going to end up in the Abyssal Otherworld." Cass patted the frame twice before she stepped through the doorway to find out where they were about to end up.

Hopefully somewhere fun and not awkward.

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:22 am
There was a strange feeling, even if it was nothing more than the environment they were leaving clashing with the one they entered. They were in the alley beside the bookstore and the street was only yards away. Violetta was already pawing open the window to the employee break room on the back of the building and wriggling herself flat to fit through the gap.

"Just the abyssal real world," When Alg appeared behind her with a sigh.

"C'mon we'll go in the back way," because it would be really bizarre to have him go off into the bookshelves and come back in the front door. At least the sun was in the same spot which meant they hadn't lost much time.

The store had been a house before it been made into commercial space so Alg was only taking a few steps around to the back door, unlocking it with a key. He held it open for the young woman, and paused just a second, "I am sorry. if I made you uncomfortable back there."

It seemed more than his power and while he couldn't place it, her negative reluctance on some topics was noted.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:39 am
So they'd travelled a whole not-very-far according to where they ended up. Lovely. "Well, some things about it aren't so abyssal, fortunately." Cass shrugged. There was coffee and good food and kisses (sometimes. Some kisses were absolute garbage) and bad movies. It was fortunate that Algernon had considered other people when it came to consistency of direction because she wouldn't have.

"Honestly? I've spent a long time bottling up a large chunk of my life to keep myself safe and I've compartmentalized it all for my convenience. It's not ideal...but it means I'm alive." She wasn't even sure if she was in danger. But she'd still read the newspaper every day. Keeping an eye out as though something important would be in it someday.

Cassandra stepped inside, rolling her shoulders back and finally adjusting her stack of two books into a more comfortable position. "So it's not you. It's me."

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:58 am
Alg snorted a little and nodded, "I'm a master of compartmentalizing." They didn't know each other of course and to most it seemed like he was all together but that was a carefully curated persona, something he put on in the morning everyday to face the world with, something he wore like his many layered suits.

"Everyone has something, or many things, hidden. Everyone wears this-" He motioned to his face, "-with mere dashes of truth for everyone else to see."

Once inside the door shut behind them and they were in the break room. It was just a kitchen with a time clock for the most part. Violetta was licking herself on the windowsill.

"If you need any help with anything, you can ask. Myself or Jeremiah. No meddling.. just an offer," Without prying. "But now that you are involved in this place, in the magic? I think you'll find your fears and priorities will change very abruptly. You'll get more involved than you ever expected." Whether she liked to or not.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:42 am
Where Alg had organization, Cassandra's compartmentalization was like an overstuffed closet. She shoved things in until it was ready to burst and then just hoped the door wouldn't be open. A few layers of psychological duct tape, everything was fine.

"Some days I'm not even sure what is real and what was faked until it stuck. Or if I dig too far through it I'll find something I'm afraid of..." She'd never dig through it though. She's was scared to think of what she'd find in the closet of baggage.

"I don't even know what I'm allowed to ask help with, but I'll keep your offer in mind." she paused, trailing off before offering Alg her hand - hesitantly - for a shake. "And since I don't think I introduced myself, my name is Cassandra. I appreciate your help." A small pause, "Both with the books and the walk through Waking-Dreamland."

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:24 pm
"Professor Algernon Mercer.." Which she knew from his books, obviously, but it was always good to have a real introduction. "A pleasure to meet you Cassandra."

His handshake this time was merely warm and secure, nothing more and nothing less.

"Even if you need an ear. I'm here or at my offices on campus," Which was really only a block or two away. "And Jeremiah my husband is the police chief. So he's easy to find."

He released her from the shake, now slightly paranoid that it would be unwelcome to linger too long or something magical would slip through.

"And if you ever want an instructional," His head bobbed, "For the other side. Let me know." He pulled out a business card and pen from his jacket and scribbled his cell phone number on the back before handing it over.

Was she a stranger? Yes. But it was there duty as the magical community to look out for one another.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:54 pm
'Secure' was definitely not a feeling she had most of the time, but it was more appreciated than the strange feeling that had bubbled up when he'd taken her hand earlier. "Likewise, I would hate to think I would have just wandered around in there forever." Because someone probably had. A poor lost child, wandering around under the veil for a long, lonely time.

"I hope I never need to steal one of your ears, mine should be staying on," she pat one of her ears to indicate it had been a joke, smiling. Though she'd be hesitant to step into a police station unless it was desperately needed.

She took the card and turned it over to look at the number. "Calls only or am I allowed to send texts as long as they aren't of Ted?" As she spoke, she tapped the number into her phone saved under 'Laffy Taffy'. None of the names in her phone made any sense, though. "Ted is a Roomba, by the way. Not something most people think is cute to look at."

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:06 pm
"I text," he laughed a bit mostly because he was actually atrocious with technology, "And instagram because my publisher insists.." But the open end of that statement did imply he did nothing much else on the internet. He would not be the guy for memes.

The break room let them out into the store and it was like they'd never left.

"Our cats love roombas." Which meant there was another cat... somewhere.. "Anyway.. I'll let you go."

Another employee at the front could check out her purchases, "Be safe."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:22 pm
"I bet they ride them like noble steeds," Cass laughed as they were released back into the wild the bookstore as if they had never left. Still, she gave the one doorway a slightly nervous look. "Thank you for all your help again," she bowed her head slightly, holding the books with two hands.

"You as well."

She made her way up to the front of the store alone with her two books, but as she stood in line, she tapped out a text on her phone:

iloveyouDIE

To: Laffy Taffy

Tell Jeremiah I said hi please!

There. Now he'd at least sort of know who that number belonged to.  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas