[PRP] Congratulations (Shiloh & Jamie) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:06 am
"Whoa, really? Maybe they get bigger than this, then. Maybe you saw an older one." If it looked similar, Jamie thought it might be the case. It wasn't like you saw tiny plant creatures everyday, even in the Otherworld. "This one must be a," he considered his words, "a newborn, I bet."

A lot of newborns looked gross and shriveled, after all.

Gently, carefully, Jamie leaned his head against Shiloh's and enjoyed a moment of peace as he watched the small bean. It barely moved now, he was sure it was asleep. "I think we should," he said, lifting his hand closer to them. "It feels weird to not."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:31 pm
    "Still doesn't tell us what the ******** it even is..." He frowned, "Or where it even came from. I mean, sure it was on the sill with the pot, but..." He made a contemplative noise in the back of his throat. "I don't think I did it, at least not on purpose. And if I already saw one before, then more might show up..." And he wasn't too sure about that.

"Whatever..." He resolved to this. "I'm really bad at names. What're you thinking?" Then again, he was asking the boy who named a fish "Glubby".

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:05 pm
"We'll just have to keep an eye out," Jamie suggested, "Now that we know, we might notice something we didn't before." Leaving it at that, he moved on to the real task at hand, the important one. Shiloh was absolutely right to question Jamie's ability to name the little sprout something not totally obvious or silly, but that wouldn't stop him at all.

"What about Bean?" he asked, sparkles in his eyes. It had been the first word to come to mind when he saw the baby in the window, tiny and curved and so very bean-like. How could he not suggest it? It was cute.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:19 pm
    "Bean, Glubby, and Junior. I like it." He stared at Bean in Jamie's hands. Not that this thing was on the same level as a pet, but he supposed Junior and Glubby weren't considered pets... "If we find any other ones, we can have the time to think up things a little more creative." He reached out with his index finger to roll the bean-thing. It surprisingly didn't react that much, only hummed like it was content.

"It feels so ******** weird." He told Jamie, "Squishy." He continued to prod it, it continued to squeak, but it didn't really move. Actually, when Shiloh stopped, it started to stir again. He went back to rolling it around Jamie's palm.

"Should we like... re-bury it?" He squinted.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:29 pm
No lie, Jamie looked proud. It was a good name, even if it was obvious and just a little silly—or maybe a lottle silly—and he was glad Shiloh agreed. He conceded in turn, though, next time they'd think of something with more substance.

"So light, too. It's like it's barely there." And yet Bean was very there and very cute and Jamie felt his heart seize in his chest when it made those teeny tiny noises. Then again, he was the biggest sap he knew, so it shouldn't have been all that surprising.

"It seems to like the warmth," he said, considering the option for a minute. "Hey, wait, do we still have Junior's old lamp in the closet? Maybe we could re-bury it and give it a little help?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:38 pm
    "Ohhh." His eyes lit up, "Yeah, I think we do." Junior's new and improved lamp did everything the old lamp did, except it looked cooler. "I'd have to see though." He was still rolling Bean back and forth in Jamie's palm. Suddenly it's tiny appendages opened and it latched onto Shiloh's finger, its soft-but-pointed snout pathetically butting against his hand repeatedly.

"....what the ******** is it doing." He asked as he watched it. It didn't stop, and even when it seemed like it was going to it didn't let go.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:45 pm
"We can take a look once we put it back," he said casually, finally starting to come down from the high that was parental discovery. They wouldn't have a problem handling Bean, he thought, because they'd handled so much more already. Unfortunately, they'd be handling just as much, if not more, in the future. This was a walk in the park in comparison.

Jamie sighed, he settled, but almost as soon as he did, he snapped back to attention. Bean was... well, he didn't know what Bean was doing exactly.

"Um... it doesn't seem bothered by it?" It wasn't really an answer, but Jamie didn't have an answer. "Maybeeee it wants you to pick it up?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:51 pm
    Shiloh wiggled his finger before scraping it off into his opposing palm. "Maybe?" It was rolling around in his palm now, chirping wildly. "I'm just gonna uh, bury it again..." He started to move over to the pot that the thing had presumable sprouted out of. "I dunno what I was even trying to grow here..."

He deposited the thing into the soil. Almost immediately, it rustled around into the dirt. Gone in an instant, as quickly as it had come. "This is ********." He said to no one in particularly, but obviously only Jamie. "This is so ********." He turned to look at Jamie, expression lost.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am
"There it goes," Jamie commented, watching for a long time after it disappeared beneath the soil. It had been less than a minute, but it already felt like the whole happening had been a dream. "Weird." Sleep good, little Bean.

When Shiloh turned to him, he looked right back, eyes bright, expression neutral. "It's kinda ********," he agreed and reached out to pull him right into a hug. While he patted his back, he added, "I think you deserve a good lunch now. Didn't you say last night you were thinking Subway? C'mon." Even so, he didn't let go, not right away.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:59 pm
    "I..." Shiloh was at a momentary loss of words as he shook his head. "Yeah. It's pretty ********." Suddenly he was pulled into a hug, his arms immediately wrapping around Jamie in response. It was warm, smelled like home. Maybe it was because they were in their room? He knew he probably smelled like rain.

"I could probably go for a foot-long, yeah." He replied with a tiny laugh. "In a second anyway." He slumped over further, "Maybe a minute..." the last part was muffled against Jamie's shoulder. The pot chirped and it made his head shoot up again, but Bean seemed... like he wasn't coming out any time soon.

"We can dig the lamp out when we get back." He offered.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:14 pm
"A minute or two," or three or four, Jamie loved hugs—he especially loved hugging Shiloh—so it wasn't as if he was seconds away from complaining or anything. He'd stay like this as long as they needed. His hands scooted up and down Shiloh's back, affectionate, soothing. Don't worry about a thing, his touch said, but then Bean chirped and cut right through the moment.

Honestly, it made Jamie laugh. "Yeah, sounds like a plan. I'm ready for my Italian BMT. C'mon, let's get going."

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces