Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 pm
Fox Bliskiss
Eager Officer

Little Fox always wanted to be an officer, and now here she is. Fox covers up her somewhat broken confidence with a dose of extra enthusiasm. She's the kind of officer that can be put to any task, no matter how menial (parking tickets, anybody?) and she'll give it her all and then some. She takes her job seriously no matter the task, and does her best to represent her department well. While even her positivity has chips in it, a moment of glum doesn't slow her down for long.

A Well Trained Coward

Well trained, well versed in law, eager to serve. Fox should be at a great point to start off a career in law enforcement for the rest of her life. However, Fox is lost in herself as to find the means to fix the one, glaring flaw she has found in herself: Fox is a tested coward. When put in physical danger she froze up. The kind of freezing that got people hurt and put her beloved life dream to shame. She cannot trust herself to be the good officer she wants to be unless she can find a way to both a) improve herself under stress and b) TEST THIS. She won't believe herself cured until she can put herself in a position to consistently show her worth. She's eager to find a solution, but she also doesn't want to endanger anybody else in her quest to better herself.

So she's started small, taking things she has consciously avoided (SEE: Spiders) and hoping maybe, she can at least work, in baby steps, on becoming the brave person she desperately wants to be.

Always a Way to Fight Back

There always seems to be something right under hand when Fox is in a pinch that she can use to defend herself.

ANYTHING ELSE?

+24 || 5’7” || 160lbs
+Fox owns a 5 year old Devon Rex named Bento. Bento loves everybody. Hold me.
+Fox loved cop shows as a child. Fox still loves cop shows. She spent her entire life working up to that day when she’d be able to join the force and be a hero just like the people on TV. Top percentile of her class. Great on the range. Great on paper.

When put into a real situation - not a training based one, she froze. She froze SO HARD. Her partner ended up paralyzed from the waist down and Fox was sent to desk duty and told she needs to get ‘whatever her problem is’ fixed or else she’s never going to be out on the streets again. Fox, now racked with guilt and the knowledge that she buckled when it mattered, isn’t sure what to do about it.
+Fox was working in Boston when her incident occurred roughly 9 months ago. She grew up in Ashdown so has returned home as she has family there.
+She's been home for 6 months and after 2 of deciding her next step, filled out her paperwork to join the Ashdown police force. Her hiring involved a few necessities, one of which was an extra fun dose of training to deal with the high population of magical sorts. The other is her mandated therapy.
+Given her lack of experience, she's only an officer.
+Works dispatch on top of her desk duties.
+As part of her recovery, Fox goes to mandated trauma therapy at MINIMUM once a week.
+By intense think Ryouhei from Hitman Reborn
+PEER PRESSURE POSTED THIS. //weeps but isn't sorry//
+Real World Equivalent  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:54 pm
hi biggrin BRING FORTH MORE FOR THE CRAZINESS.

your high concept is looking good! while i am seeing the eager aspect of it i am not seeing a lot of the officer part? there's only one nod to it with the first sentence and you could likely benefit from taking a bit of the first part of her trouble and bringing it up to the high concept. alternatively, you could try something like the eager cover-up instead?

the trouble is reading a bit like a history to me. the first few sentences, as i said previously, seem more like a high concept aspect. while i can see things going on in here that would make for a great trouble (the cowardice, the guilt) i do not see where it's rooted or a cause for it. one of your questions is actually something that could find it's home in your trouble: how do you undo being a coward? flesh it out a little bit more and we should be good to go!

your power is great (weapon finder FTW)! you don't actually NEED the sentences after the first (don't worry about having to state it may not get her out of trouble, basically) and please keep in mind that whatever she grabs should be reasonable to the surroundings she's in (while in ashdown, other ashdown is another story).

ON TO ANOTHER THING. regarding working in the APD. how long ago was incident with the partner? when are you wanting to say she moved back home and was brought in on the APD? she would have had to go through what basically is a re-hiring process to be brought on board (as working for the force in boston does not guarantee you a job working for the force in ashdown, which is where i assume she's now working). i am guessing that she's at officer rank (which is starting rank; also known as police officer, then officer detective, next up is sergeant, sergeant detective and so on) given what happened but would still see SOME street work since ashdown, in THIS particular reality, is relatively quiet (aside from stray EYE MONSTERS).

put review back in the title and give me a quote when you're ready for me to look again ~

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:05 pm
azuredreams

Thank you for the feedback, senpai! Please give me your great attentions again now that I have taken it and rewritten some stuff/moved things around/???????  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:10 pm
perf! the high concept and trouble look a-okay to me!

the only things left to cover, before i quote in the boss, are the APD stuffses ~

could you list her as working dispatch as well as handling desk duties? since ... that actually was a job someone had at some point, lol. also while ashdown is quiet in some ways, it's not in others. fox would have gone through a particularly stringent hiring process as well as had to go through a course (or two or three) about how to work with (and deal with) those with latent magical abilities due to the fact that there's such a high concentration of magical individuals.

you could go through most cities and not wander into anyone magical but here in ashdown you're likely to run into one almost every day XDDD the amount of magical individuals is somewhat unprecedented and gives the town a reputation. which is to say expect having to deal with as many people causing trouble LOOKING for magic as potential to deal with someone who IS magical.

the other part is that she would have department mandatory therapy sessions that she'd have to attend because of what happened with her as part of being hired (as that was a particularly traumatic event). there's some other stuff but it's more history things that you can poke me about on AIM to hear about it so that this isn't a massive text wall ~

quote me back and then i can pass you on, <3!

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:15 pm
azuredreams

All thanks to your help, senpai! I've added the requested adjustments. smile )  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:19 pm
shibrogane

dear stronk one, please give this a look over and bless it with approval should it please you <3  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:41 pm
Looks good. Approved