Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:07 pm
"You would be surprised," said Renard. "When I was connected to the sigil as its focal point, I knew the principals because I was tied to them. I am no longer connected to the sigil as anything but a participant, and so I have no way of finding out."

He said, "Not without the natural consent of the principal, and likely not without their death. There was literature about it in the original world, before the cage. I was never much interested in it. Liam could likely tell you more."

He looked at Temperance. "You know something, don't you."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:47 pm
Temperance chewed her bottom lip. "I wonder what the implications or consequences are of focusing a new sigil around the by-product of the last. Seems like a self-perpetuating cycle." She was relieved that Renard had no way of really just knowing who the principals were. And she'd tied up the loose end that was Sunny - she hoped. "I'm hoping you're not going to run around offing random participants in the hopes of getting a principal, there."

Her eyebrows arched. "I know nothing, Jon Snow," she said. "I'm just impossibly curious." Temperance made a note to try to tactfully bother Liam. Maybe avoid calling him murderer this time.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:20 pm
"I've never murdered anyone," said Renard, his demeanor turning frosty. "I have, in point of fact, done my utmost to prevent murder where I could." The Court aside; that had never, in his opinion, truly been his to control. None of it had been. "Believe it or not, choices I made thousands of years ago are no longer choices I would make now."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:48 am
"Forgive me," she said, although it didn't sound overly contrite. "People connected to the sigil were killed, some by means that were connected to you." Even if obliquely. Could she call his husband an oblique connection? Temperance knew, however, that if she argued it further, she would get nothing out of him. Perhaps she'd already reached that point.

She had to admit he looked great for such an old man. "For us, it all seems very fresh. We don't repeat, but you know that." The painting captured her attention again. "I don't doubt that you might so things differently - but what would you change?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:39 pm
"They were, in one case, killed by means connected to you as well," said Renard. "I seem to recall you were present at the ball as well, and spoke for who would be the representative to the Court."

He said, "I don't see how that's your business."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:08 pm
"You could see it that way, although my vote was not for Algernon." The majority, however, ruled. Temperance certainly saw Renard's connection - to Liam - as far closer than hers. "Zachary's idea held merit, but no one listened. A little blood from everyone worked recently, as well."

She sighed. "I was only thinking that if your goals have changed, if what you would have done had changed, there are those of us who would work with you instead of seeing you solely as the boogey man of nightmares."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:11 pm
"I honestly don't care how you look at me," said Renard, "as long as none of you harm my husband. I'm far too old to care about petty popularity contests."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:14 pm
"It's not about appearance so much as it is about having assistance. Or even just not having people actively work against you." Temperance cracked her knuckles if only in an attempt to not roll her eyes. The bit about Liam was carefully filed away.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:26 pm
Renard sighed. "The goals I once had are goals I have no longer. I doubt any of you want to stop me from attempting to prevent the world from collapsing again as it did when the first seal broke. If I require assistance, I assure you, I shall seek it out.

"Is there anything else you needed?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 pm
"Barely anyone knows your goals have altered to preventing the world's collapse," she pointed out. But Temperance rather thought she'd get nothing more from the man.

"And I suppose that was all. If you ever need me, you'll find me. Thank you for the time." With that, she tugged her coat a little tighter and began to head for the door.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:00 pm
Renard let her go. He had three more painters he was interested in, after all.

The Semblance of Unity
wrapperz

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas