Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 pm
Cassandra
SWISS ARMY GIRL

A jack-of-some-trades, Cassandra can’t hold a job or an apartment to save her life - and it seems like she does this actively, not out of bad luck. She has no consistent relationships, won’t keep pets, and can’t even keep her plants alive. Something about ‘permanence’ scares her and the things she keeps the longest are the things she can ‘get rid of at any time’. Extremely friendly, seems a little lost in her own skin.

NO NICHE FOR A TRAITOR

Born 'Samantha Simons' to a pair of conspirators, at the age of 15 Cass turned them in and ended up being relocated in the Witness Protection Program. She was dumped in a random town and given enough cash to get established.

Did you know that if you apply for assistance to pay for college and you don't have any evidence you existed before 16, you'll get flagged for fraud? How about health insurance? How about NOT HAVING ANY ADULTS AROUND TO HELP YOU TO ADJUST? Why don't the MARSHALLS ANSWER MY CALLS?

Cass found out that by being good, she closed a lot of doors to herself. So she's just opening as many as she can to try and find out what options she has for her future. Jobs change constantly as she tries to find a good fit, towns change for a myriad of reasons, and relationships change even more. She's so used to the cycle of change that she hasn't taken the opportunity to slow down and reassess what she actually needs in her life in 7 years. She's used to things being temporary so she builds up everything to BE temporary instead of actually investing.

She has no reason to stay in one state of being for long, after all.

THE KEY TO EVERYTHING

Any keyring in her possession provides the right key when she needs it, so long as it's on there. No fumbling or having to pick the right one out of the mass. She probably couldn't tell you what they were all for anyway.

ANYTHING ELSE?

+Greek heritage, 5’6”, 23 years old, brown hair, bright blue eyes. No piercings or tattoos, a few scars from her weird start in life.
+Cass doesn’t exactly connect with people. She's friendly, just that she doesn't expect people to stick around so she doesn't give herself to anybody. Her relationships don’t usually last half as long as her living situations do and she never keeps roommates. That said, she dates. A LOT. Just not committally.
+Cassandra has changed her last name every time she’s moved cities. It is always exactly 6 letters long. She’s unaware of this pattern. Currently using 'Youttz'.
+Cassandra isn’t straight-lace, but she definitely knows if she were to say ‘only once’ to breaking the law, she’d probably snowball into something she doesn’t want to be.
+REALLY likes unicorns.
+Owns a ‘pet’ Roomba.
+Can read 3 languages (English, Latin, Greek), can speak 2 languages (English, Greek)
+Hello yes this is a civilian quest ATM so :V ????
+Cass in another Universe.
+Cassandra technically doesn't exist before her 16th birthday. What she knows in her heart, however, is that Cassandra (of varying last names) was born Samantha Simons and her parents were paranoid conspirators who raised her to have an extremely specialized skill set and she may or may not have reported their illegal doings to the cops when she was 15. For her lovely actions she was put into a juvenile center for a year (where her strange skill set only grew) and once she had done her dues, was released back into the wild in a random town with a new identity and just enough cash to get her established.
+'Specialized Skill Set':Can speak Greek, can read Greek and Latin, can jimmy open most locks (with OOC permission), good at climbing buildings, capable of falsifying documents convincingly (learned from her felon parents, doesn't relinquish this information because NO I WILL NOT MAKE YOU A FALSE ID), can break out of most handcuffs, good at tampering with electronics, can hide things pretty convincingly, is good at changing her appearance with makeup (at least to the naked eye), meticulously neat handwriting but can also mimic most people's with enough work  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 am
demon_pachabel

ohoho *mushes pach's face*

Profile looks, overall, pretty good.

- High Concept is fine as far as I can tell.
- Trouble is also fine but please remove the first paragraph.. this reads as character history and doesn't belong in the Trouble area. I would cut it down to a line to segue into the trouble itself and shift the finer details into the 'Anything Else' section.
- The power is doable but I think should be reworded. The ability is something the world does for her and should be worded as such.. so more along the lines of 'Any keyring in her possession provides the right key when she needs it, so long as it's on there. No fumbling or having to pick the right one out of the mass. She probably couldn't tell you what they were all for anyway.'

My only other suggestion would be to please detail her 'particular skillset' so the GM's are fully informed about what she is able to do in advance.  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:40 am
iloveyouDIE

Done and Done! (Not the neatest organization but :VVV )  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:43 am
demon_pachabel

The essential points all seem to be hit.
I'm a little concerned that the mysterious/criminal aspects of her background could be questionable. The shop is notoriously strict on shady or criminal pasts so the juvenile facility/witness protection things will need further review. We also have an active in-game police department (chief of police and detective in active play) so if she were to get on their radar at all it may involve deeper character investigation. Basically the resources are THERE to find her out.

Gonna fling this to the GMs for further review of those things, as well as final approval when ready.

silverah

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:54 am
As an up-front, I have 0 problem with her past being known to authorities who need to know it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:51 pm
Halo's already let you know that we're kinda tough on Crime and crime-related backstories in this shop (been burned before my friend) so I hope you don't mind a clarifying question before I smack an approval on this thing: What happened between ages 16 and 18? She turned her parents in at 15, did a year in juvie, and then (as far as I can tell) resurfaces with legal documentation at 18. Could you clarify this timeline for me?

While Cass's trouble is valid and approval-ready, "has a hard time connecting with people" is a bit of a rough arc to write in Ashdown unless the character is putting in the time to change it. Troubles are meant to be the base arc upon which all the rest of your character's stories will be built, so please make super sure this is the story you wanna tell.

Quote me back when you're ready.

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:35 pm
shibrogane

Her timeline is messed up because I'm a moron and changed something then didn't update her age to reflect that initial edit. I have fixed that (AKA 18 should have been 16 AKA Whoops those missing years weren't missing I'm just completely dumb)

I reassessed the root of her trouble a little bit and rewrote it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:55 pm
Perf! approved  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items