Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Jackpot?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jackpot
  Yeah
  Nay
  Eh?
View Results

Raven of the Darkened Sky

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:29 pm
I find the new Jackpot that they have created to be quite interesting. Given that we are using actual money to purchase the GCash, which you then use to buy your lottery ticket and subsequently "gamble" for the chance at the jackpot, I wonder how this is allowed? Does this seem strange to anyone else? What are your thoughts on this... for lack of a better term... feature?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:39 pm
I find the new Jackpot that they have created to be quite interesting. Given that we are using actual money to purchase the GCash, which you then use to buy your lottery ticket and subsequently "gamble" for the chance at the jackpot, I wonder how this is allowed? Does this seem strange to anyone else? What are your thoughts on this... for lack of a better term... feature?
I bought some of the first two weeks Jackpots, no more than six the first week and like 4 the second week. I sold two in the MP on the second week because they were more valuable to me as gold sink material than Winners. First week I only got 100GC out of 6 and plenty of the lame fail prize. Nothing from the two I didn't sell from week 2. I won't be buying anymore because I don't want a buttload of the fail item in my inventory. If I do buy it will just be to sell in the MP, but I think the value is going to plummet quickly because if the 'fail item'. If it were like a random item or RIG it wouldn't be so crappy an investment, but it is. 99GC for that is a bit much to ask and get the same item all the time as fail. I don't give two shakes if they Alchemize the fail item, that too will get old.

They might do better by charging 10GC each and giving out that same fail Item, if that is what they need to do. I'd probably buy more just for the chances and be better able to accept the cost of fail. Besides that, who needs more than 100,000GC anyway? If I won that I'd probably never buy GC again. Or I'd buy out entire stocks of LQI'S and such. We just don't need people doing that kind of stuff with that kind of GC. If the jackpot was 30,000Gc and I was able to purchase more chances, I'd do that. The whole thing is now awkward.

Anyway, gambling? Maybe, but really what are we truly getting by spending our money on Gaia? Entertainment, it's all it is. We can't take a single Gaia thing with us when we die. It doesn't count as a legal asset in any form. Everything we have here belongs to Gaia Interactive, even our accounts and every last bit of GC on them. We buy the GC, what we buy with the GC is up to us, that's how it is allowed. Getting nothing in return would be considered a gamble, with this we get the 'fail item' , so it's technically not a gamble. The real gamble is buying the GC and getting your entertainments worth! That gamble hasn't went so well in the past couple years for many users...

Now in week three, I'm bored already and apparently the site is too. We can see it in how low the jackpot has gotten each week.

*rambles on*  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:34 pm
Pwnder
I bought some of the first two weeks Jackpots, no more than six the first week and like 4 the second week. I sold two in the MP on the second week because they were more valuable to me as gold sink material than Winners. First week I only got 100GC out of 6 and plenty of the lame fail prize. Nothing from the two I didn't sell from week 2. I won't be buying anymore because I don't want a buttload of the fail item in my inventory. If I do buy it will just be to sell in the MP, but I think the value is going to plummet quickly because if the 'fail item'. If it were like a random item or RIG it wouldn't be so crappy an investment, but it is. 99GC for that is a bit much to ask and get the same item all the time as fail. I don't give two shakes if they Alchemize the fail item, that too will get old.

They might do better by charging 10GC each and giving out that same fail Item, if that is what they need to do. I'd probably buy more just for the chances and be better able to accept the cost of fail. Besides that, who needs more than 100,000GC anyway? If I won that I'd probably never buy GC again. Or I'd buy out entire stocks of LQI'S and such. We just don't need people doing that kind of stuff with that kind of GC. If the jackpot was 30,000Gc and I was able to purchase more chances, I'd do that. The whole thing is now awkward.

Anyway, gambling? Maybe, but really what are we truly getting by spending our money on Gaia? Entertainment, it's all it is. We can't take a single Gaia thing with us when we die. It doesn't count as a legal asset in any form. Everything we have here belongs to Gaia Interactive, even our accounts and every last bit of GC on them. We buy the GC, what we buy with the GC is up to us, that's how it is allowed. Getting nothing in return would be considered a gamble, with this we get the 'fail item' , so it's technically not a gamble. The real gamble is buying the GC and getting your entertainments worth! That gamble hasn't went so well in the past couple years for many users...

Now in week three, I'm bored already and apparently the site is too. We can see it in how low the jackpot has gotten each week.

*rambles on*

Interesting... I didn't realize there was a fail item. I thought it was the sort of deal where you either win GCash or nothing else. What is the fail item? Just a random item, and the same one every time? Seems kind of silly....

And you make a good point. I didn't consider that you are not gambling actual currency. You are purchasing the currency, yes, but it cannot be redeemed for a true cash value. I wonder how long this can last?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:32 pm
Pwnder

*rambles on*

Interesting... I didn't realize there was a fail item. I thought it was the sort of deal where you either win GCash or nothing else. What is the fail item? Just a random item, and the same one every time? Seems kind of silly....

And you make a good point. I didn't consider that you are not gambling actual currency. You are purchasing the currency, yes, but it cannot be redeemed for a true cash value. I wonder how long this can last?

I think Pwn may have been confused and thought you meant Jinx lottery?
I dunno.

I think it's a good thing. No one is forcing anyone to participate and it's a good way to have users spend the cash gaia needs right now. Gaia is pretty much broke, Goldemort made sure of that. This lottery jackpot thingamabob is kinda fun. I bought one for shits and gigs and I bet a lot of others will as well.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:12 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10346657
There's your fail item, there's a paws version too.

The first jackpot run went up to 800,000gc, the second week was around 400,000 or more. This week's is not even 100,000 yet. I don't think users much appreciate a repeat fail item.

confused  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:50 pm
Just to let the world of Gaia know, I bought 8 of the Week 3 Jackpot. If I get nothing but Jackpot Baby items, I won't buy another unless I use it for gold sink material.

I always give something a 3x chance before I decide permanently...

I'm just really bitter about getting the same item over and over again. This is one of the reasons why I hate the monthly RIGs.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:54 pm
Pwnder
Just to let the world of Gaia know, I bought 8 of the Week 3 Jackpot. If I get nothing but Jackpot Baby items, I won't buy another unless I use it for gold sink material.

I always give something a 3x chance before I decide permanently...

I'm just really bitter about getting the same item over and over again. This is one of the reasons why I hate the monthly RIGs.

What a pain!! I guess in some ways it is a good thing? To bring down some prices? But overall, getting 10 of the same item is just another source of valueless clutter...  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games