User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Two shadows danced across the ground, growing larger and smaller as they soared higher and lower in the wind. They were lookouts, but more than that they were two halves to a whole, their lion companions not far below them as they circled above, eyes searching for threat, food and anything of importance to report back. Blue eyes flashed as the elder vulture looked over towards the younger male, his black feathers glistening in the sun. "Anything to report?" She dipped close to him for a moment, her wings barely touching his as they caught an updraft together.

"No, nothing yet, which is good for our trio below." Red gazed glanced downwards towards the three lioness's. Blue gaze followed and she nodded her head, they'd continue to keep watch over them as they talked below.

Chikomborero flicked her tail behind her as she walked alongside her 'sisters'. She felt as though they should be coming across a herd by now, or something that would be fruitful to bring back to the rest of their pridemates. "You see anything yet?" Looking over towards Liyana and Mthunzi with hopeful eyes.

"I haven't seen anything yet, and it doesn't look like our companions above have seen anything. If they had, they would have let us know by now." Liyana said with a shrug of her shoulders as they continued to walk along. They'd had much rain not long ago and the lands were now rich with growing plant life and water holes spread about in random fashion. One would think game would be plentiful right now, though that seemed not to be the case.

"It's likely our quarry has taken to more dryer lands for the time being. I mean, it had been raining an awful lot and I wouldn't have wanted to stick around in the rain if I had a choice." The black female said with a wave of her paw. "I do have to say, I'm quite glad the rain has stopped. I was quite tired of being wet and cold all the time." Despite the warmer climates the rain did made you cool after a while.

"Thank the Gods, I am thankful the rain is done as well." The older female said looking towards the now blue sky.

"I should actually mention something, seems fitting now that the season has changed." Chiko said with a cheerful grin.

Two sets of eyes turned to look upon the female with earnest. "Well, tell us the news." The darker females said in unison.

"We should be welcoming the little sounds of paws soon." her stomach had been starting to round out lately and it was clear she was with cubs, though how many would be a mystery until they arrived upon the lands.

"Oh that is exciting news! Who did you swindle into doing it?" Mthunzi asked curiously, not that she was into that whole gossip scene like some where, she was still wondering. "One of the older Inselelo's he retired recently actually." It had been dumb luck she had convinced him of the act, especially since the lioness that he had taken a liking to a great deal had passed away.

"Oh, I know who you're talking about, the red male with pale hair. He was quite handsome! I can't wait to see what cubs will come from that." Liyana was always curious to see how cubs came out from different lines crossing,

The wind shifted and the two vultures dipped a little, Morri allowed the sudden draft to carry him up higher and he did a couple of spins while it gave him the momentum. Avani gave a laugh as she watched the younger male with his antics and went back to searching the lands for anything to report to the lioness's below.

"I feel like he's related to my father, but then again anyone that's red I feel like they're related to him." Giving a laugh the black lioness couldn't help but think that way. Though, hadn't they both come from the firekin? Perhaps everyone from that pride was just as red as they were. If she ever left she'd have to look for herself, she wasn't really sure she'd ever leave though.

"Do you think they'll be mostly girls or boys?" Liyana figured a friendly wager would be fun.

"Of course I'd LIKE for them to be all girls, but honestly I don't know." Chiko said looking down at the ground for a moment. Male meant they'd end up leaving regardless, females would have the option to stay if they so liked. "Can I just be surprised?"

"I bet mostly girls. I'll root for ya." Mthunzi said with a chuckle.

"I say mostly boys." Liyana gave a wink.

It would be nice to see who was the closest, though if it was half and half then it would be no one was right.

The sound of movement up ahead had the three lioness's paused in their tracks for a moment. Liyana and Mthunzi turned their eyes towards the sky as they sought out their feathered friends to see them ahead circling tightly. Good, that meant they had found prey, so the sounds they had heard were indeed signs they were getting close to a small group perhaps.

"Well ladies, it seems like all this walking of ours has finally paid off. Perhaps we will have a rather decent kill to bring back with us after all." Liyana said proudly looking towards the other two.

Chiko was thankful for that, growing children was making her hungry all the time and the mere thought of food was making her stomach grumble.

"As long as her stomach doesn't scare them away." Laughter burst forth from the mouth of the black female as she nudged Chiko's shoulder playfully.

"Hey now, wait till you have children and then you'll see!" She chided her with a small laugh.

"Alright girls, let's go find us some food."

With that the trio stalked forward, bodies low to the ground as they proceeded to seek out their meal for the night, their feather companions keeping watch overhead.

WC:1020