Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 am
"Yeah," said Lady, relieved that the subject seemed dropped. She levered Valiant off her shoulder to his squawking displeasure.

cibarium

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:51 pm
The drive to Sonic was calming and uneventful, and gave Julian a bit of time to think about all the information Lady had given him in spite of her reluctance. He had more to ask after they'd settled into a space at the drive-in and placed their order, though he would wait until after she got her cherry limeade and he got his tater tots and vanilla-flavored Dr. Pepper to ask them.

"How would you do it?" he asked, leaning back in the driver's seat and fishing another napkin to wipe his fingers with out of the cup holder. "The mentoring thing. Sounds like no one's very good at it."

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:58 pm
"I wouldn't beat anyone until they passed out, or make them beat anyone else, or make them do my hair," said Lady immediately and with verve. "I dunno, maybe I'd just make them hand-write my homework and follow me around while I did noble stuff." This universe's Tate Konstantin had never disappeared. This universe's Tate Konstantin was on her third bachelor's degree. Lady had no idea what the ******** the end goal had been, but was happy enough to attempt to pick up where her double had left off since it was actually possible in this universe to not be an illegal immigrant.

She sucked on her straw for a minute, stabbed around in the limeade.

"Free tutoring," she said. "Or if they weren't down with tutoring I'd be like, yo, now you are my otherworld shopping buddy, forever."

cibarium

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:03 pm
Julian smirked into his straw as Lady listed off all the ways she'd do better than her mentors. What a low ******** bar the Court was setting, here.

"You ever think about doing it for real? I can imagine how much it would piss them all off."

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:05 pm
"No," she said. "It's not a nice place. Bad things happen to people there." Lady poked the frozen limeade already. "I don't want to see Ezra or Melany again. I don't want them to think I'm like them or that they did right by me."

cibarium

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 pm
"You don't want them to win," Julian said empathetically. "I can relate to that. Kind of why I'm in Ashdown. Didn't stop the screaming phone call from my dad, though."

He still complained about the screaming phone call occasionally even though it had been some months ago by this point.

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:55 am
Lady had a horrible, terrible thought. She stopped messing with her drink and looked up at Julian, wide-eyed. "You want me to do it to you, don't you," she said. "Don't you?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 am
Julian kept staring ahead while chewing away at a squishy tater tot he'd put a criminal amount of ketchup on.

"Only if you wanted to. I think it's something you could do to work through what happened to you," he answered honestly once his mouth wasn't full. "If someone like me were made part of the Court thing, as a result of you doing a better job at it than they did." He laughed, sharply and briefly, and took a long drink from the syrupy drink in his cup. "Not to mention the fetch bullshit. I could just tell people in advance."

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:35 pm
"That is awful pseudoscience," said Lady miserably. "Flooding only desensitizes you it doesn't make you happier or healthier. And I don't wanna be a jerk or anything, but once I make a formal offer and you accept it, we have to leave right then or the magic won't take."

cibarium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 am
"That exposure bullshit isn't what I meant," Julian frowned. He moved to speak on it more, but decided against it with a tense shake of his head. "Leila and Eve could explain it better, probably. We should talk with them about it first anyway."

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:47 pm
"That's probably a good idea," said Lady. Eve and Leila would talk him out of it. They'd seen what it was like, hadn't they? "When do you want to do that?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:37 pm
"I'm pretty impulsive," Julian admitted (that was one of the bigger reasons why he was here), "so when they're home later works for me."

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:38 am
Lady nodded. She hadn't made an offer and because of that, he probably hadn't accepted. The magic didn't seem to be swirling around her at that moment in time... "I don't know for sure it'll work," she said. "But we can try."

cibarium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:18 pm
"I'm guessing it has to be a sincere offer for it to work. I won't hold it against you if it doesn't."

Julian started his car back up and began maneuvering it out of the drive-in. He was wondering how bad he should feel for negotiating a place among the magic nobility with a teenager, but if he remembered correctly Shiloh was practically still a teenager himself.

shibrogane
this could be FTB/wrap if u want? o:

cibarium
Crew

Noob

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items