[PRP] primum non nocere (temperance & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:32 pm
"Yes, I suppose you'd know best. It must be harder for you in this, uh, iteration." She idly curled her hand around her cup. The sling was so annoying and she'd lost count of how many times she'd tried to move her arm.

Temperance looked up again at the mention of Zac. "Y-yes. He asked, so I... he means a gr- he's my friend, so I wouldn't lie to him." She noticed he had yet to write anything down. "Can you see him?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:14 pm
"Reality," his voice was lower still, "is more appropriate as iteration is what we're part of; in. The nineteenth one and all." Jeremiah's eye glint in the light, that odd reflective glow they have that give him away as he looks at Temperance.

There was a raise of an eyebrow at the question. "We talk. Frequently." His pen was poised to write. "You got a call to come help, didn't you? At the farmer's market. You weren't just there before that thing appeared."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 am
"Nineteen cycles?" she questioned. Temperance wondered how he knew.

She waved her hand dismissively. "That's not what I asked. But I guess I can just ask him, instead." And maybe she would, although right now she didn't care too much. "And yes, Jack called me. Why?" She looked at him oddly.

"Are you implying I could have anticipated its appearance?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:35 pm
"You can, his answer will be that I cannot see him." Jeremiah shrugged, face impassive as he wrote down that Temperance was called by Jack. There was another eyebrow raise at her implication.

"I'm not implying anything, Miss Clark, I was clarifying that you were not there before it appeared and that it was a phone call that was the reason you did arrive. However would you have anticipated anything? Let alone the appearance of a monster that stole eyes."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:44 pm
"Oh, I thought you were saying that others seemed summoned there by the influx of magic." Her fingers began to tap the table. Temperance did not like this man. "My apologies." There was something odd about him that dug under her skin. Maybe it was the way he spoke, compounded with her memories of distrust.

She wondered if Jeremiah Mercer would ever end up in the ER under her shift. Sometimes doing something better meant weeding out. But Zac could not be made sad. Temperance sighed. "Well, I certainly don't have any interest in people's eyes. I was called, I came, I tried to help."

She made a face. "Tried."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:55 pm
"It was never even an implication as that is something to not lightly trifle with. [i}Especially given your career choice." Jeremiah just raised an eyebrow again, writing down more notes as Temperance spoke. As it stood, aside from the cane that he had come in with and was hooked on the chair, Jeremiah spent no time in the hospital. He had not even been damaged during the fight with All-Seeing and come out of it completely unscathed.

"We'd have a problem if you did. Thankfully, you were helping people not lose more during the incident," Jeremiah replied, "Your efforts were appreciated. We might have seen more casualties if you had not answered Jack's phone call for help."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 am
"Have you seen Chel about? I couldn't help her much at the time, but I haven't been able to find her since then." She ignored his roundabout appreciation. Temperance had been doing her job, and better than ever.

She idly wondered where the police chief's magic lay. "Given my career choice... perhaps I would be better off not mentioning odd things at all, but they find me anyway." She took another drink. "Did you have any other specific questions?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:50 pm
"Chel is currently missing and wanted for questioning for involvement with what happened at the farmer's market." Jeremiah was looking at Temperance, his eyes eerie and reflective (which was, in fact, the most obvious giveaway that he was magic). It would make sense that for a man who was a detective that his magic would, in some way, be detective.

"You would do better to not mention anything. Repercussions can be quite dire. There are reasons why those with magic are not within the medical field: too many attempt at playing being a god." A few more notes written down and Jeremiah's pin was tucked away. "Nothing specific and nothing that I can't get from the others that were present." His fingers tapped a moment, a question on the tip of his tongue but he was holding it back.

Probably for the best.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 pm
That Chel was missing was interesting, but of little consequence as far as Temperance could tell. Unless the odd eye-monster was related to the rot lying on the trees. She took Jeremiah's advice silently. She didn't need him to tell her to shut up and fly right, of all people.

"Not to mention anything... perhaps. And yet here you are with the express purpose of talking about such things." His pen was away, and yet he stayed. "Was there something else?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:59 pm
"It was a magical incident, Miss Clark, I have to check in with all those involved and make sure that everyone is alright and nothing else has gone wrong in the aftermath." The question was stowed away for another time.

"I thank you for your time," he said with a small, polite smile and incline of his head. "If I have any other questions for you, I'll contact you later. Enjoy the rest of your shift."

The Semblance of Unity
wrap on your post? he's heading off and then ... bad idea RP???

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:40 am
"Thank you, chief Mercer. I hope you find Chel." She wiggled the fingers of her free hand at him in an odd goodbye. Her break was almost up, anyway and, even though her feet ached, it was time to go. She stood, taking one long drink of her tea. No, she decided, she was not particularly fond of Jeremiah Mercer.

azuredreams
done!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas