Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:19 pm
User Image
The purple and pink lioness held her head down low. Her spirits were just as diminished. It had been a few days since she had lost track of her mother, Mbalamwezi and her niece, Xanthippe. What little sign that had been left by Xan was not good. Rather foreboding, actually. Her brows were furrowed while she sulked along. She was being trotted along to her captors' pride ... what did they call themselves? Stormborn? The ... Myrsky Syntynyt? Reavers, they claimed to be, vikings and so on and such. She had rolled her eyes initially, but her energy and mood were so low that she did not even bother anymore.

The lioness had been on a hunger strike, not that the reavers had been overeager to get her to feed on their kill with them, but another thrall who was along with them, a white, young, soft-spoken male named Dhikkara, tried to ease her transition. He tended to the wounds she had gained trying to defend herself from Delphi, his mistress, the two occasions she had tried to escape. Dhikkara had told Ebumnyami she was lucky that she had been taken by Phlegyas, Delphi's father instead. As an alternative to Delphi, perhaps. He tried to encourage her to eat, but she longed for the freedom that she had known.

And even her annoying little niece.

They were right upon the pride's border, and she heard shouting in the distance.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:47 pm
User Image Xanthippe had arrived in the pridal lands of the Myrsky Syntynyt just a couple of days earlier. She had been a trophy from a ... viking ? (she thought she was starting to figure some of this stuff out by hearing it repeatedly). She munched contentedly on scrap from a kill with a morsel of meat between the joint of some bones. Her new mistress had left her for a brief moment, assuring her she would return quite soon, and Xanthippe had nodded. So far Adelheid had been treating her pretty nicely. She heard some commotion at the nearby border where some... reavers? were returning from a viking. She dropped her treat and padded over to see what all the fuss was about.

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw the first lion break from the crowd. A lovely white male with a blue-green-yellow-orange maned male. She had never seen anything like him at all. The little wing marks on his back, the vibrancy of his markings were just... stunning!! She was about to go over to him and make an introduction when she was distracted by the sound of feet running towards her. Wh-??!

Xan was tackled to the ground, but some signal to her brain made her not afraid. A scent. A scent she knew well, but... The impact from the blow had paused the way her brain processed cues for a second or two. Wait...

"Ebumnyami?!"  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:04 am
The purple lioness nuzzled her niece's face until it was quite squished into the ground. The blue lioness kept calling for her to get off of her, no, really, you have got to get off, Ebumnyami, but she could not be bothered to. No force on this earth could have torn Xan from Ebumnyami again. She examined the blue and white lioness thoroughly, scrutinizing her every inch for scrapes or bruises or bumps or a single missing hair from her sweet albeit a little empty head. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her icy blue eyes stared deeply into Xan's own pair in muted gold.

"Have they hurt you in any way?"

----

Xan finally was let up from her aunt's very, some may say overly affectionate embrace and shook the dusty dirt from her still sleek coat. She blushed faintly and cast her eyes at the ground.

"Well... The lioness who brought me here, Adelheid, she has been a little preoccupied but I really like her, she is quite nice. I think she might be pregnant though. Well, because she told me she tried to get pregnant by this fellow in the rogue lands, but, anyway-

"So I met this boy, okay? And stop- don't interrupt me- let me finish!! He's really, really sweet Ebumnyami, you would really like him." Her soft eyes and sing song tone were practiced to soothe or butter up her pink and purple aunt.

"His name is Dhikkara, we're both Thralls but I'm not sure what that means but I've never been in a pride before, so, I guess I'll figure it out. But he's really been helpful while Adelheid is gone and I dunno, I think I might really like him. Or, well," she rolled her eyes, shrugged her pink-marked shoulders and blew a puff of air through her forelock, "he's really cute."

"What!? I know that look!!" She pouted at her tutting aunt.

----

Ebumnyami's eyes could have rolled into the back of her head. This one was just like Velum. If only she had taken on her grandmother Orco's sensibilities. Or followed Ebumnyami's own sparkling example. But for the time being she was just flooded with relief to see that her niece was safe and unharmed. She would have to talk her out of falling in love with the first boy she saw, especially in a pride where they could not be sure that anyone was able to be trusted. Though, if she was being honest- well, not to Xan but to herself, she did kind of think that Phlegyas was handsome too, in a very rugged and world-weary way. But Ebumnyami was pretty good at suppressing any feelings or desires of her own because she was always too busy babysitting Xan to worry about herself.

"Well, we will just have to worry about that later. Right now, I'm just happy that you're alive."

----

Xun could have rolled her eyes too, but did not want to diminish the vibe that Ebumnyami was putting out. She stopped herself from asking her aunt why she had thought that she had been dead, but if she got Ebumnyami started, she knew that she would not be able to get her aunt to shut up.

Instead, she just smiled

the end.
total word counts:
Ebumnyami: 509
Xan: 507

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items